Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Rusty 47 Ford Reserection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by koolkemp, Apr 17, 2010.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Steve, here's a Christmas teaser; a sedan delivery with a twist. I used the back of a '47 Ford Deluxe but deleted the window and added a hatchback. I'm kicking around ideas on how to do a version with the hatch lifted and the interior visible. Merry Christmas to you and the family! Eli
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

The sedan delivery is right on....

3. screwball

screwball

O.K. Steve knock out the Delivery.

4. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Nice job Eli.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

That looks pretty cool!
    But i think its needs a somekind of small rear window.Maybe something from 40's?

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Maybe put the '47 window back in or some sort of a split window? Hmmmmm:)

7. I have been subscribed to this thread from the beginning, but now when I look at it I think WTF, this got nothing to do with the great work you were doing on the 47.:confused:

8. jerseymike

jerseymike

yeah steve, i gotta agree with COPPER TOP, not sure why all of eli's photoshop stuff was not put in a seperate thread. i know you don't get to work on the '47 much but when you check back for updates it gets confusing as hell. hope to see some progress (on the '47) soon. happy holidays.

9. koolkemp

koolkemp

[
    Merry Christmas (belated :rolleyes:)Between Christmas and working on the 47 I havent had time to get on here for a few days ,now Eli thats pretty slick! I have a spare rear window and sheetmetal from the 47 if you wanna make it fit :D

10. koolkemp

koolkemp

This thread has sorta become my home base here, I dunno what to call it but its where I touch base with friends.When I dont have any updates for the 47 , ie pics , we plan the next build...or 2 :D its better than no pics at all ! I have put quite a few hrs into the 47 since last weekend, bodys off /motor trans out/ bunch of welding and grinding on the underside....and spent today in the damn cold sandblasting the floors and cowl inside and out, so progress is being made and and I will get some kinda boring pics up in the next day or 2...the way I am feeling right now I might not be able to move for a day ;)

11. Good to hear you are getting back on it Steve looking forward to the boring pictures :)

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

As much as i have enjoyed the "what if" work, I'm looking forward to some of your actual updates too. hope you are surprised and can move around tomorrow.

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Hey Steve, its good to hear you're back working on the car; like everyone else I look forward to your progress pics. Even the work you did recently would be cool to see though I admit that underside stuff is always a pain. As for the stiffness from working, a good home remedy is a shot of Jack Daniels in a cup of coffee, just enough to warm the blood and loosen the joints.:D
    For those who are confused by the "photoshop bench racing", we've kicked around a few ideas for Steve's future projects and had some interesting input from other HAMBers. With his talent I'm hoping all of his ideas become the real deal and if any of you have ideas I'm sure we'd both like to have your input.
    Now I'm off to find a '47 Deluxe backlight at the right angle.
    Happy New Years to all! Eli
    P.S. Hey Steve, its 7:25 AM and 72 degrees outside, not to rub it in. :rolleyes: :D

14. koolkemp

koolkemp

Sure rub it in lol I tried to load some pics from the iPhone but no go keep saying invalid image format Grrrr ! I will take some pics with a real camera tomorrow ....

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

I don't mind the wanderings, let's me know that there is still movement at the station, some crazy idea's out there!
    I too am looking forward to some progress pics

Glenn

16. ChefMike

ChefMike

very cool sedan

17. nospartsman

nospartsman

The majority of 1942-1948 owners tell me my floor pans are way over priced at $1300 to $1500. American Parts Richmond, Ky

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. koolkemp

koolkemp

So since I have been off between the holidays I have gotten the cowl vent& wipers stripped out, engine&trans out,lifted body off the frame, did some trimming and welding on the floors, sandblasted the whole underside ,blasted the cowl inside and out, and blasted the inside floor, did some work on the b pillars where the meet the floor....probably a bunch of other crap too, got some zinc primer on the floor pans, will hit it with some epoxy before I go back to work...at least thats the plan!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

20. Nice dash.. I'm kinda biased, though! Great progress

21. koolkemp

koolkemp

would only let me load one pic last post...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. koolkemp

koolkemp

[​IMG]

And I am not sure what I am gonna do with the mess below yet ...:(

[​IMG]

Anyone got a rust free cowl vent opening layin around lol!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. koolkemp

koolkemp

Its next on my list after the floors are primed, gonna re do a couple of things then blast it and get it body worked, looking forward to making the old dash smooth and shiny !

24. Fill it in. You're building a custom:D.

25. koolkemp

koolkemp

Not a chance! I made that mistake on my ol 48 Chevy, I cut it out and welded a stocker back in after the first season on the road ,there isnt alot of airflow with small chopped window openings :rolleyes: and it was way too hot when it was warm out the, cowl vent made it way more comfy to drive .

26. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Check with Owens Salvage. They're HAMB vendors and may well be able to hook you up. Either that or tack in backing pieces and spot weld the bad parts maybe? I'm no welder so I'm just guessing that might work.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  27. drs47ford

drs47ford
    from Western NY

Is that a huge gap between the fender and hood on that red 47? Or is that a shadow? Tried putting the front end together on my 47 this past summer and ended up with a huge gap that looks like what's in that photo. I just figured I was doing something wrong due to my lack of experience. Can anyone enlighten me?

28. oldman2

oldman2

Man, you got a lot of work done and it looks great...Jim

29. Woo-hoo, it's back!
    Top-shelf work man!

30. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks for posting the pics Steve, looking great as usual!