Register now to get rid of these ads!

custom HF bead roller dies... interest?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FiddyFour, Apr 12, 2011.

1. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i now have Delrin (tm) die sets available!

Attached Files:

2. Inland empire hot rods

Inland empire hot rods
    from so cal

marking for further review

3. willymakeit

willymakeit

Subscribed. I'm going to buy some dies.

4. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Got my steel dies from Fiddy today. They look great and the one piece of scrap I ran through my roller worked great. Thanks, Fiddy!

5. I got a set of the steel dies as well they were nicely finished and Fiddy was a pleasure to deal with. Rob

6. Johnnydmetal

Johnnydmetal

Hello,
    First timer here but was drawn in by the prospect of the custom dies for the HF roller.
    I need to produce a 90 deg flange on one end of a 3" diameter welded seam mild steel tube 5 1/2" long with a 16ga (0.065) wall. The finished flare should be about a 1/4" to 3/8".
    I'm adding a bracket to the non shaft side to beef up the strength and shorten the throat to handle the stress of rolling the 16ga material.
    My Question to you is can I form the flat flange with a tipping die or do I need a die specifically for flaring?
    How much is a set of your tipping dies?
    If the special die is Required can you make me a set and How much $ is it?
    Thanks
    John

7. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You may can start it with a tipping die but at some point, you're going to have to do some serious stretching of the outside of that flange. It's not going to be easy, IMO. I think I would make two pieces and weld them up.

8. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Another way would be to break the flange on the flat sheet 16 ga and then use a stretcher on the flange to make it round. You'd have to find a piece of pipe or something to help you form the tube as you go, then weld up the seam. 3" is going to be tough, IMO.

9. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

How are the beltline dies working? I'm thinking of having you make a set for my Chevy roadster.

10. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Price is $75 shipped insured in the USA, pm for Canadian and overseas shipping quote

PM me about the pipe flange... might be better to make it from two pieces as was mentioned

Shoot me a PM... I'll need a good piece of belt line steel to work with

11. txturbo

txturbo

anyone know if the HF dies will fit a Woodward Fab roller?

12. x2 that thanks

13. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i believe they do... so long as the end of the shafts measures 7/8" and the center to center measurement is 2" my dies will work on your roller

14. txturbo

txturbo

Ok...thanks....I'll have measure when I get home.

15. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Ok, I'll pm you for more details. I will see if I can make a profile piece rather than cutting my door.

16. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

You don't have to cut a piece of your door apart! If you want a perfect profile,make a mold out of bondo.then you can slice a piece off and transfer the profile.

17. truckjim

truckjim

Ok! Guess its time to get a HF bead roller. Never trusted their dies so used a buddies no name setup. Tipping and louver dies please! :)

18. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

PM me on the tipping dies... as of right now i have no plans on making louver dies, sorry :(

19. Dave Williams makes louver dies.

Steve

20. 5150Pontiac

5150Pontiac

Are you still taking orders for tipping dies?

21. 5150Pontiac

5150Pontiac

I'll take a set!

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i will be making another run of dies that will be ready to ship at the end of april/early may

23. FriedaB

FriedaB

These are beautiful, and are you still making the dies? It's been 2 years since the last post. If so how much and can I get a set of the second kind. We are stupidly or not as your mind may guess , making a car with an aluminum body and need to roll the edge around the driver and passenger? Oh please still be making these!!!!

24. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes, i am still making the dies, both delrin and steel. will be running a batch at the end of this month

25. FriedaB

FriedaB

Will they fit my current bead roller or do I need a different appliance to use them???

26. FriedaB

FriedaB

I had to check, I do need steel, these will be for the Aluminum body of the car we are attempting to build. Thank you so much.

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

if you own the harbor freight beat roller, these are made specifically for it

28. FriedaB

FriedaB

I think that is exactly the bead roller we currently have. It works with all the dies he had and all the ones that came with it, best of both worlds. :)

29. FriedaB

FriedaB

How much do you need and how/where should I send the funds. The buck is just about finished and then he ready to start cutting out the body panels to shape each with the stuff. If he has a good idea when they will ship he will be easier to work with.

30. craigibc

craigibc

Will these fit the Woodard Fab roller?