Register now to get rid of these ads!

What happened to the HAMB sense of humor?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by exwestracer, Dec 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remember the old days (don't look at my join date, I was a member for a few years under a different name) when every other thread on the HAMB would have us laughing our asses off and spewing our favorite beverage all over the keyboard?

Still happens, just not nearly as often... Why is that? Too many threads to keep up with? Too much angst about what is HAMB friendly? Too many people trying too hard to "belong"?

Maybe the earlier users were more used to the hazing and had thicker skin. Seems like now when you try to tear someone a new ass (good-naturedly) some other fung jumps in to defend his Duramax powered, Dakota framed 58 Edsel 4 door (or whatever) "tradtional" build.

I don't do much traditional stuff, and everybody knows it. I've taken my shit for it and realize the value of trying to keep the site "pure". Doesn't mean we can't still have fun with people, does it?

So, in the words of Heath Ledger... "Why so serious?"

2. Thinking back,at least when I joined,a intro was not just a suggestion it was mandatory.

Thick skin was necessary and now the Hamb has gotten painfully Politically Correct,,there is still a bunch of the old Hambers around that ripped me when I joined and now most of us have become friends.

Some Hamber's today are too sensitive and easily offended.

I love the Hamb. HRP

3. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

I haven't been here long enough to know the early years. However, in the last year it feels like the "Participation Trophy" generation has really started to muddy the water. There are about 25 to 30 names I look for when I'm searching threads.

Way to many Jim Belushi's and not enough Johns.

4. modelamotorhead

modelamotorhead

Screw 'em if they can't take a joke!...Uh Oh, now I've done it.....

5. That's not funny.

6. Oh well, there's alway the "why can't I post on the for sale threads" questions.

7. Model T1

Model T1

Some Hamber's today are too sensitive and easily offended.
    This is a bunch of bull hockey. I take offense in remarks such as this. And furthermore, this HAMB group is for things with a serious nature. No time for bull shit or humor. Keep it politically correct and right on topic as a traditional format.
    I spent much of my Christmas day here to learn old school ways and traditions in case I ever get off my lard ass and go back out into the cold dirty garage. This ain't the Red Skelton or Red Greene show.

8. Well I just made some popcorn and got me a soda so I will sit back and watch this one. I see we have already ferreted out one of the easily offended

9. metalshapes

metalshapes

I believe T1 was trying to be funny, and already misunderstood...

Maybe the HAMB was a small tightnit group with with some people that had a wicked & super sharp sense of humor.

But they all knew why they were here, so an occasional detour from the HAMB focus wasnt as big of a deal, because it wasnt that confusing to the group.

Detours like that are now ammunition for the enless stream of passive aggressive Users amongst us, who will do anything they can to try and change the board into another place where they can endlessly discuss Streetrods, Ratrods, and other things that make Hot Rodding warm and fuzzy.

Or maybe I should just lighten up...

10. Model T1

Model T1

Metalshapes don't lighten up. Then they win! From what I remember I was born laughin and hopefully I'll die that way.:D
    I've made a lot of messes on some of my cars. But in the end left the garage smiling. Been married 55 years to the same woman and she's still laughing. Sometimes I wonder why!;)

11. metalshapes

metalshapes

Cool...:D

12. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm new here but I love this site and all the characters in it.:D

13. Model T1

Model T1

Cool ! I just noticed, I've only been here about six months and you've been here ten years. Yet we agree---now and then.;) See, there is hope for the masses !:D
    Ester Eddie you've already added a lot of character for the character you are.

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

Personally, I dont believe in some kind of hierarchy based on how long anybody has been here or how high the postcount is.

For me, what counts is being willing and able to to post quality content...

15. What do you mean?

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
  16. indyjps

indyjps

Haven't been here as long as many, but I agree the past year seems like a lot of OT has slid in.
    I build OT stuff, just don't post it here

17. I agree 100%......

But the HAMB is still the best damn hotrod site there is! Thanks to all the mods who keep a lid on this nuthouse!

18. It used to be fun, I spend a lot less time on here now...too many whiny bitches.

19. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

It use to be on other sites the word was the hamb is full of smartass’s
    Now it’s the hamb is full of pissy old men

Yes agreed it was more fun here earlier on …. People cant take a joke lately

20. Lucky3

Lucky3

^^^^^this^^^^^^

21. 41GASSER

41GASSER

Well I have been a member for a short time and with few posts. Has anyone really been given the boot from the HAMB for hurting somebodys tender feelings or sharing a questionable joke. Where I work if you show any signs of weakness your a target so thick skin and a sense of humor is a requirement. Maybe the rules are misunderstood. Are dumb blonde jokes forbidden?

22. metalshapes

metalshapes

Its still the best place I know of for TECH Information, Build Threads, and some of my best friends are on this Board...

23. I agree....but there is a serious lack of humor....

Some of my best friends I have made since emigrating to the USA 10 years ago I met via this place.

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

I dont know what the answer is...

Maybe we should start with Banning all the Users that post asterisks in their swear words... ;)

25. the-rodster

the-rodster

Many of those guys have pretty short attention spans and moved on.

Some were banned.

Some got old.

I DO miss it.

Rich

26. Yeah...F**k those guys.....

Oh.....wait.....

Bollocks......

Jay says....quit bitching or I'll come round & put a bat up your night dress

[​IMG]
    Pebble Beach 12 Sunday by Pro Photo Photography, on Flickr

27. I'm still fuckin here! I usta give a lotta shit through the years for laughs. It was a riot! I'd come in on one of Germ's posts and he'd call me some.."fluffy" name I can't remember...had to do with being squeaky clean-cut because I was moderating the classifieds. [still do]
    Fat Hack would come up yet another of his projects that nobody in their right mind would attempt and Wolf and his wife would bring their home-problems on the board until they both got banned.
    Nads always teetered on getting banned with his Ngong-dat-dong or whatever it was. It was hilarious!!!
    I'd drop in on any of several different sites and read about how wild we were....we said "fuck" waaaaaaaaay too much for the member's 8 year old kids that were supposedly tuning in...we were insulting everybody. Ahhh, those were the days.
    Now it's much easier to get some info but I miss the nasty old days too. sometimes.

28. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Members: 197,688.

.....in a nutshell.

29. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Maybe germ and the Korean guy need to come back? I miss Groucho sometimes too, he really lit people up sometimes with little provocation. It seemed to keep away alot of the thin skinned.

30. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

When the HAMB goes politically correct the terrorists win..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.