Register now to get rid of these ads!

33-34 Ford Grill Angle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gas pumper, Dec 26, 2012.

1. gas pumper

gas pumper

We are mocking up a 34 for Street Roadster at Bonneville. One of the requirements is the grill must be at the stock angle.

So, for example. If you put a protractor on the body reveal on the hood side, What is the angle going down the grill from the body line?

We don't have a hood side to compare it to. So we also could use the measurement from the reveal down to the corner of the hood where the inner fender is.

can the HAMB help?

Thanks, Frank

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  2. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

3. gas pumper

gas pumper

Thanks, Jerry.
    To the top one more time.

4. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Great ?. Anyone know?

5. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i put a protractor on the face of my grille shell. (i am running a stock hood)it is 11degree rake on mine,(of course the rake of the grille will varrie due to the rake of the car) ,but out of couriosity i checked the cowl body line and if you center your protractor in the middle of the body revel line on the cowl, the grille angle is the same at that point.

when i say center the body revel line on the cowl i am using this type of protractor

[​IMG]

6. gas pumper

gas pumper

Thanks, 345winder.
    so you are saying the grill back edge and the cowl front edge have the same angle? In other words they are angled but parallel to each other?

7. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i originally put the protractor on the face of the grille,,but i just double checked and the rear edge of the grille is the same as the face and the grille.....

my most acurate measurmeant on the cowl to be paralle with the grille, the bead had to centered in the protractor...

8. gas pumper

gas pumper

Thanks. this sounds right, it's hard to tell from pictures and we don't have the Ford hood sides to check this out with. I've been googling for side view pictures, but everyone does 3/4 shots of their cars. And a lot of hoodless cars seem to have different angles, depending on the style of the car.

9. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

i hear ya.,..now that you mention it, most of my pics are all 3/4 view.

hope the info helps... maybe someother guys will chime in to for a second opinion!

10. gas pumper

gas pumper

Oh yeah, every bit helps. We trying to put 10lbs in a 2 lb bag here and working on this thing that doesn't have one straight line on it, all curves and bends and contours.

Actually what looks right is the grill at the angle the "A" pillar at the cowl, door jamb is at. It's at 11* (90+11=101) off the belt.

11. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

probably about right,but i cant tell on mine as my A pillars are leaned back..
    ...GOOD LUCK ON Bonniville!!! i would love to make it there just once as a spectator!!