Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 "style" customs with modern suspensions and drivelines

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cafone, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Jay71

Jay71

twochops that Merc deserves a thread all its own! Wow!

2. ^^^^^^yes.....

3. harry stepvan

harry stepvan

northstar,th700r4,corvette ifs and irs in to plymouth,51. i like to run fast

Attached Files:

4. Waiting on the knife.... And a crappy cell pic with the front open.

Attached Files:

5. I love the 50's plymouths. the three windows make the rear deck look sooooo long, for some reason I'm drawn to that look.
    can't wait to see this one finished.

6. a year older, but what the heck...... 1953 Dodge Pilothouse truck on a 1991 dodge Dakota frame, 1968 318 and a 904 trans. 1949 Plymouth dash grafted in, a tilt column (relax, my wife is disabled and it is for her) with a shrunk down 1950 Plymouth steering wheel adapted to it.

Attached Files:

7. Part of the cut will be to take 4" OUT of the rump length right behind the back window. To me, it's way TOO long out back. Trick is, I'm going to leave the fenders right where they are... :rolleyes:

8. Show us that when it happens.

9. my 1950 Buidillac, 472 ci. CAD ENGINE T-400 trans, kept Buick X member and clipped front and back with 77 Cad clips so all Cad geometry and four bar link with air bags, A/C, power steering, brakes, sony xplode stereo, Cad colum. drives and rides like a Cadillac and looks like a 50 Buick Kustom.

10. Rags, I see you got it painted......

11. Happy new year everyone.......

12. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

update...got most of the top all welded up....need to fit a rear window frame and then some covering.

Attached Files:

13. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

I feel like people still arent catching on to the subject of this thread....

A little progress on mine.. I do have full wheel covers just not on in these pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

if i'd quit buying projects i could probably get one built ;)

15. We sold our shop and we're in the process of setting up the new one.....

I'll be back when we get rolling again.....

Show us what your building!!!!!

16. nice

17. I know the feeling

18. Wanderer1957

Wanderer1957

Here's a '54 Pontiac I'm hoping to start on soon. I only paid $250.00 for it several years ago and have had it on the back burners till I finished my '57 Chevy. It's pretty rusted, but I still consider it saveable. My big plan has been since I was a young kid is to put a Carson style top on a '54 Pontiac. The lower control arms are shot. The coil prings are popping through the rust. I'm sure the frame isn't much better. I was thinking of putting an S-10 frame under it from an extended cab since it has almost the same wheelbase by 0.9". It has almost the same track width too. about a 1/2" narrower from what I can tell. the only thing I'm concerned with is what to do with the rear kick-up of the frame that will come through the trunk way too high. I saw a guy on Youtube that did this with a '54 Chevy that seemed to work fine, but he was only testing it out in a parking lot. I'm still undecided about what the best thing to do is. I can't afford a fancy Mustang II set up and I have a Firebird stub on my other '54 that I'm not exactly nuts about. In the meantime, I'm going to start bracing the body and looking real close to Yaril's posts.

Attached Files:

19. koolkemp

koolkemp

I would find a g body metric chassis lengthen and box it I am gonna do a 51 Merc this way,S10 would be too narrow might need offset wheels and getting a rad in with the s10 is a bitch lol!

20. teddyp

teddyp

love it

21. How about some updates? Our truck is no different it's just racking up miles since it's been our daily driver for the past 6 months.....

22. Any more builds in this style happening?????

23. Munster Motors

Munster Motors

currently looking for a chassis for my 49 chevy just gonna do a body swap...thinking el camino but may op for an early 80's monte and stretch the frame

24. Spring is almost here......what did you build over the winter?

25. bgbdlinc

bgbdlinc

....don't know how I missed this thread and maybe I'll get my ass handed to me but here it is. A '46 Lincoln Club Coupe on a (more) 'modern' '56 Lincoln chassis with stock engine, trans, and rear end...12 year build with authentic pieces....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. koolkemp

koolkemp

despite the lack of pics I have been plugging away on the 47 all winter, got lots of tedious things done and progress is being made ! I will try and sort something out with the pics , at least you guys will have more to see when I finally do get some pics up!

27. The Lincoln is really cool....

28. You're getting somewhere.....

Between the "polar vortex"....snow every freakin' day and trying to find enough wood to stay alive, all we could do was drive the truck in the salt and make it look more like a "rat custom":rolleyes: