Register now to get rid of these ads!

new " Overkill " magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Drag

I Drag

I bought it. First issue, give it a go. $8 is what it costs to not have ads. My only gripe is that it is really more of a pictorial than a magazine. Mostly photos, little text. I was done reading it so quickly I didn't feel like I got my money's worth.

But that's just me.

2. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I remember a time when if HOT ROD put out a magazine called "overkill" it would have been 200MPH Camaros, 8-9 second street cars, 1000 HP blowermotors.. things like that.

nowadays "overkill" is just bad taste and stupidity. who the fuck thinks that car on the cover looks good?

3. I bought a copy. I'm diggin it big. probably not the most hamb friendly stuff in there. still pretty fn cool stuff.

4. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

?????????????????????????????????????????

5. scoop

scoop

Checked it out,not for me.

6. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

real car guys build cars,, they build them the way they like and dont care about what others think,,, real assholes think everybody that doesent think the way they think are not real car guys,, anybody remember ED ROTH? you gonna say he wasent a real car guy just because he didnt build the cookie cutter car of the year,, oh wait, no i wont say it,, i wont say all the trad stuff is starting to look the same,, i wont .. i just wont go there ..

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i like it,, but i also like voodoo psycosis,,, me and a half million other people,, but i aint gonna call you stupid for not liking it i m calling you stupid for saying anyone that likes it is stupid,,

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

call me whatever you want. anybody who likes that car has nothing to say that I want to hear.

psycosis is not a word.

9. RayMiller

RayMiller

Yea I'm pretty stupid too because I would drive the doors off that Nash! Killer car!!! I also like that NASCAR drivers Chevy that's in there that one is really well built.

10. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Well I do live ten or so miles from North Pole.:D

11. I do stupid shit...like posting this comment! :)

12. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

i enjoyed this magazine for several reasons

1. no ads.
    2. very cool cars
    3. very cool stories
    4. very different engine car combos.

cons...

some cars were not my taste.

if they made ANOTHER i would buy.

13. exterminator

exterminator

Tatted up fender lizards, that is my phrase for the day since i'll probably forget it tomorrow.LOL

14. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

that was the main reason i bought the mag. i love the way they relocated the radiator below the engine. very neat idea. thinking about doing something similar to my car.

15. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

So what do you drive? How many cars have you built from the ground up? Lot of hate from a guy with a cartoon as his avatar. You sound like a poser that hides behind a keyboard and drives a toyota. I am sure nobody gives a crap what you think but if it makes you feel special then carry on :)

16. It's gotta be cool. It's listed for $42.22 on ebay!

17. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Ballsy magazine.Read the opening editorial.I will look at it and learn.

18. Seems like they want to get some of the money that is being spent on the R** Rod magazines.Trust me those r.r. mags do sell and they do make money.I looked at the mag at the bookstore and set it right back down.I wouldn't take one of these if they were giving them away. Oh well just my two cents.....and that doesn't mean much.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  19. I concur. This phrase, like the term, Orcabetty, will become part of the vernacular. I wish I had heard it before the Mooneyes Xmas Party. I would've used it...

20. Didn't see it at the store last week! Look for it tomorrow though.

And "tatted up fender lizards" - you guys are way funee!

I vote for more fender lizards and fewer tats!! Damn, those things can be UGLY!

21. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

I bought a copy of "Overkill" at Walmart yesterday. An aquaintance of mine, Bob Larson, has his car featured in the magazine. He did an outstanding job of building his car, and he has driven and raced it on the Hot Rod Drag Week. Bob didn't build his car "by the numbers". He built it to please himself, and if someone doesn't like it, too bad. I respect that attitude.

22. wblock

wblock
    from Idaho

My hubby's pickup is in it but we can't find the mag anywhere here in Southern Idaho. Have gotten calls from friends in Virginia, South Dakota & California that have been able to purchase it but :confused: none for the Idaho Farmer as yet.

By the way we do live in the land of the free so go for whatever floats your boat and makes you happy but no tats-here, brands are for livestock.

23. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my cover has been blown.

that car is stupid looking and has no place here on the HAMB no matter what I have built.

24. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Maybe one of your friends can mail you a copy....:DI hope so...Good luck

25. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

FYI: I found it at walmart here guys.

26. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

sounds like they know thier target audience...

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  27. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i dont collect mags if you cant get one in a few days pm me and i ll send you mine,,,

28. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

Sounds like my kind of guy. :cool: And that Dodge coupe is pure bad ass.

I picked up a copy of the mag as well- other than that lame Cummins-powered Cadillac, I had at least a few things to like about every featured car in the mag.

29. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

I bought it yesterday while buying stocking presents for my family. I haven't read all of it yet , but I think its pretty good. But then I like just about anything to do with cars.....and I have a SBC in my Ford. Merry Christmas to all you bone heads ! ( I mean that in a friendly way )

30. BillyM

BillyM

Santa stuck a copy of it under the tree for me.....I like it. I know it isn't HAMB friendly stuff, but it's still nice to "stretch the noodle"with some creative thinking!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.