Register now to get rid of these ads!

new " Overkill " magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sololobo

sololobo

The great little track style roadster you like in the issue, it belongs to H.A.M.B member Rex Schimmer an ol home town buddy of mine from Grand Island, Ne. He has some awesome building and engineering skills and lives in sunny Ca. now. Smart man! ~sololobo~

2. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Looks like I have to buy it as the pics that Hot Rod took of my roadster last year at Bonneville are in it. I got no choice!!

Rex

Attached Files:

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's a nicely done little rod Rex. One of the reasons I picked the magazine up an brought it home so I could study it a bit.

4. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I agree that most of the "traditional" and "old school" car mags have gotten pretty lame these days. The only one I still subscribe to is "Kustoms Illustrated". My only bitch about it is that it doesn't show up every month. (Bi monthly)

5. clockwork31

clockwork31

I smell dramaaaaaaaa!

6. Bigiron383

Bigiron383
    from Phoenix AZ

I was thinking the same thing. Give it a look at least, 100 pages, no adds?

7. One of the coolest little hotrods built!

8. ...Rex's lil roadster is the main reason I picked up this mag, very nicely done if not 100% trad,...there are other cool cars in there, not all ratty. (sorry, pic was on the fold but you get the idea)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I didn't say I liked every car in there, but I enjoyed reading the stories on each one
    ....I wanted to let others know about the mag, not start a debate on what each person likes. If you flipped thru the mag and didn't like it, then just move on.
    I think there's enuf trad stuff in there to warrant a post on it here,...a lot of guys like to know about any new mag with modified machinery in it,...just my 2 cents.
    ...oh, I liked the 62 Rambler with the big block Chevy too.

9. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

This mag is for lame-assed posers. Rebel Rodz, THATS where the action is....:p

10. I'm waiting for Underkill. The next desperate experiment from Hot Rod.

11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

So I'm not the only one who has noticed a sense of desperation and a lack of direction???:rolleyes:

12. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The name of the game in oneshots with no ads is SELL THE BOOKS. Whatever it takes to make a guy peel out his wallet is the way it works, style and period stuff have no consideration in this effort.

13. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Congrats Josh. Can O Worms is total BadAss.

14. Agreed!

BloodyKnuckles

15. Thanks fellas - The spread looks great, I am still waiting to see a copy of the whole magazine. I ordered a couple news stand issues off the ebay.

16. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Myself, I cannot wait for this mag to hit the racks:):rolleyes:

Attached Files:

17. [​IMG]

This one is right there too - you should probably get both :)

18. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I'll wait for the reality show on Discovery:eek:

19. Kamp

Kamp
    from Peoria, IL

I bought this mag a few days back. In all honesty, I picked it up completely expecting another rat rod mag "Oh, super... another one" - I dont care for the cars, but I always look to see what kind of train wrecks are in there... and then put them back.
    Anyway, after looking at it quick I tossed it in the cart. I finally got a chance to look through it and read the articles a bit I have to say it's pretty good. I was glad to see that it wasn't purely traditional as we refer to it here, but wasn't completely ratty cars either. Most of the cars have a lot of thought and design, regardless of the style.

20. davidh73750

davidh73750

This is funny reading the responses! yeah can't say I'm down with fenderless S-10 chassis showing A frames . 80's centerlines, toyota seats in a rusty old body.

21. X 2! :cool:

22. k32t

k32t
    from Hog town

Is the mag sold in canada.

23. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

My wife doesn't think any of you guys are funny.....^^^^BUT SHE BUSTED OUT OVER THIS!:p

24. I love reading how cool you guys on this board think you are lmfao.

And your point?

25. redroaddog

redroaddog

i bought it didn't look at the price oops.....wanted to read the story on the old red blown 32 liked it just a little spendy for me. something i always keep in mind even if its not my style of car is we are all car guys and when it come too the goverment making laws to take are hobby away we need every body on our side... its numbers that count....Dave:D

26. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

tatted up fender lizards!!!!!! HAHAHA! its all fun and games until someone gets butt makeup on their tuck and roll...

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I saw this mag at the Fred Myers here in town.I think it was 7.99 ...I didn't buy it.

28. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Hot Rod has lost the plot. They screwed up Hot Rod Deluxe and now they bring out a magazine with cars that they previously featured in Hot Rod.

Thumbed through it and won't be buying that.

29. dad-bud

dad-bud

[​IMG]

Ester Eddie, is this one of those tatted up fender lizards, or have you been Iditorodding your way to the North Pole?
    Naughty AND nice, all in one, hey?
    Merry Season to be Jolly.

30. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

One of the ironic things {at least to me} is that Rat Rod Magazine is one of the slickest publications on the newsstand. Not my cup of tea, but whatever floats your boat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.