Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Dauphinee

Dauphinee
    from New York

James, My paint guy would like to know what the truck would look like with a 1989 chevy indego (dark) blue pearl would look like on this truck with the stars and strips.
    I added some different rims also please.

Attached Files:

2. thanks, your job looks great, my layout not so much, off to the drawing board again

3. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

Looks great, I think the roofs on these cars are kinda hard to handle.. Nice touch with the Kapitän -54 -55 grille!

4. You need to have it set so you can click from point to point, making short sections of straight lines - trying to just drag it around the shape you want is impossible.

5. If you're looking for James (Btrsweet) my brother, his PC is down at the moment. I'm certain he'll be back soon.

6. The poor old PA Cresta was one of those cars that always seemed to get chopped by people with much more enthusiasm than skill - always followed by the realisation that there is no way you can cut the glass and make it fit again. I´d try a two door conversion, which ought to be possible.

[​IMG]

7. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Very nice!
    The reverse angle C-pillar is tough to chop and keep everything in proportion. I had to section the Kapitan after chopping just to keep it balanced. It's a whole lot easier digitally than in steel!

I once owned a '58 Chevy Belair, and I have never seen a '58 Chevy with a chop that really improved the lines.

The '58 Chevrolet was designed by GM stylist Clare MacKitchen who was later sent to Opel to head styling there. The Opel GT was one of his designs, too.

8. TMoney

TMoney

Anyone care to chop my 51? Not really sure how much. All I do know is the rear window will be a 1-piece when I finally do it. Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

9. Here y´go. Don´t over chop it - too many people do that.
    I´d consider fitting some side chrome too, to break up the slabbyness of these cars.

[​IMG]

10. TMoney

TMoney

Thanks James. Ya, I'm not a fan of the severe chop. I appreciate your time man.

11. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Perfect!! Just the right cut.. For he Shoe!! You got the touch my man!!:D

12. FatChrist Magic

FatChrist Magic

I really need to swap out my Matchbox wheels for some that are more traditional. I will be grateful if one of you would shop in some white walls (or any other wheels, really, I am open to suggestions). Thank you for taking the time.

Attached Files:

13. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

James D beat me to it, but I might as well post it anyway.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

14. ...QUOTE=Black vette 59 ...don't know if you guys could help.....but this is my Street Sprint car,and I am at a loss to come up with an original paint job.....a two tone job would be cool.I am going to run numbers and lettering in gold leaf..(number 3)...any ideas would be considered.....

A friend came up with these.......

Attached Files:

15. rattlesnakehoey

rattlesnakehoey
    from Australia

Nice work James D. Also intrigued by your avatar.

16. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

This is a one of the funnest threads to check out. I am not as computer savy as any of you artists, but ask a favor. Can anyone help with a 4" chop on a buddies car?
    [​IMG]

Thank you

17. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Been off for a wile I built a new system but had a hard time getting these new SSD's to raid, its been pissing me off lol. Then getting all the programs back on ugg. Got it all running like a top now. New video card runs 4 screens :D :D :D . Here is the car chopped 4" give or take

[​IMG]

18. Would anybody be up for photoshoping some 7.00 16 firestone deluxe champion rears and 4.50 16 firestone ribbed fronts on 16 steel wheels... that would be so cool! thanks in advance!
    Joe

[​IMG]

19. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

My stepdad has a -58 Biscayne in great shape, he never uses it nor let me take it over! Want to turn it a mild custom instead of the 90s style it got now!

[​IMG]

By the way, I tried a 54-55 grille on my old Kapitän -62, would anyone want to finish it with a scallop design in white, chromereverse and whitewalls and lower it in the rear? Im not good at adding stuff to cars

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Anyone want to try the truck on post 10823. It would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

21. Btrsweet

Btrsweet
    BANNED

Did this real fast some of what ya asked for.
    [​IMG]

22. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Hmm nobody want to try , I tried,:( Hell I couldn't even seperate the background:confused: any pointers aleast? Thanks Tim Jones

23. Dadstoy 2

Dadstoy 2

I would like to see the truck with some steel wheels and wide whites. Anything else you want to do with it. Thanks

[​IMG]

24. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Thanks alot!

25. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'll work on yours later tonight.

26. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Thanks!! that would be awsome!!!! Tim Jones

27. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

Im a nubie to H.A.M.B of 3 weeks. I came here after the video game closed,I had played for 8+ years.So far I love it here.I think I'll stay. I tryed my skill at the photo process using Paint XP, MS Paint and Gimp 2. Fun stuff .This is a picture of my first attempt. :) Tnomoldw When the going gets tough the tough get going

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  28. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Do you have a better photo of the side profile of the truck you want to use the chassis from? something that shows the entire side of the truck so I can be accurate on the wheelbase would be great.

With the longer wheel base of the extended cab Ford you will find there is a heck of a lot of room behind the stock 43-47 cab, maybe even too much for a crew cab. Also check the track width, I did a chassis swap on a 30's truck and the modern axles were way too wide for it, and it looked terrible till I got wheels with a heavy inset.

29. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I had these on my computer from when I had our dogbox on it, (for hauling the sled dogs) , Other wise I can shoot a pic of it with the ramp on it tonite when i get off work, If the crewcab idea doesn't work out , I ll put a storage box behind it for tools Thanks Tim Jones

Attached Files:

30. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I was thinking the track width was close ,But I don't have the 47 truck parts hear to measure , as for the cab I thought I might beable to combine two cabs:confused: Thanks Tim Jones