Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods My first build...... take 2!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mooseman, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

Nice! Have fun!

2. Mooseman

Mooseman

Word on the wire from the secret squirrel where it is being stored is that after carefull inspection it is a 31 and not a 30.

3. Mooseman

Mooseman

Calling Bob Bleed, calling Bob Bleed, please report to the front desk your assistance is required in this thread. I would love to know how the rear suspension is setup in your roadster. Dropped axle obviously in the front but I like how it sits and would love to know whats going on in the rear.

4. draggler

draggler

Pedal 2 the metal .
    Thats one helluva pile o parts you got there.
    I knight thee in the quest for speed in style!

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  6. Mooseman

Mooseman

Thanks for the link, Am thinking the same thing on the subrails with some modifactions as I plan on channelling the car 5-6 inches nothing radical I don't want a cartoon but at least the depth of the frame. I am not a huge hiboy guy.

7. kelzweld

kelzweld

Looking forward to watching you build this Moose.

8. Don't sit on santas knee and talk about your hot rod what ever you do.:D

9. Mooseman

Mooseman

Haha ruin the fun haha, I am just a big kid at heart, I still run out and stand in line surrounded by kids when the ice cream trucks pull up haha.

Haha might look a bit gay though sitting on santas lap talking about hotrods haha people might wonder but hey thats their problem haha people can think what they want haha.

10. looking foward to progress, I saw that car for sale a while back as well, it will make a good start to cool little car.
    Im pretty bloody envious at the moment, im stuck working in remote W.A just wishing I was at home in NZ working on my 29 Tudor.

11. Ahotrod.nz

Ahotrod.nz

Cool another Maverick Model A and a fussy young bugger building it.........With your attention to detail and engineering skills this is one build we know will turn out great Moose. :)

12. Subscribe!
    Question.. Why 32 rails and channel body and cover them up?
    dirt t

13. That's the way it was done in the early days here in NZ.

'32 rails are much nicer to work with than A rails.

I liked the channelled rods we had here back in the '60's/'70's

14. Mooseman

Mooseman

I can understand why you ask, alot choose 32 rails to get the look. With the look of the rails and all.

Stance is one of my big reasons for choosing it. I would love to show you some old New Zealand cars that were done that way to show the look but I don't have pics. However if you look up a couple of american cars you may get an idea, one being the bob bleed roadster which is channelled on a deuce frame the other being the Koller roadster which is also channelled on a deuce frame both look great.

I just like channelled cars.

Not so much these days but back in the day new zealand had heaps of channelled coupes and roadsters.

15. Looks like you have a good start there!

16. MM: I've seen guys start with way worse stuff than you have! BTW: thats not an old hospital bed your frame is laying on is it?????? Tim

17. Mooseman

Mooseman

Haha no no thats a model A frame that came with the deal.

18. Hey Moose, have you picked up the car yet?
    What town is it in?

19. You picked it up yet ? We need pics..........LOTS OF PICS !!!!!!!!!!! JW :)

20. Mooseman

Mooseman

The car is safe guys, sorry for no updates, family stuff has taken over for a bit. Been looking after my dad who has had some health issues.

21. Cheers Moose,hope it all works out and looking forward to your build down the track. JW :)

22. Mooseman

Mooseman

Ok things are starting to get somewhat normal round here again so time to get stuck in. I will be updating you all as I go.

23. 4444Design

4444Design

seems like an interesting start

will follow

24. Mooseman

Mooseman

How rare are 32 ford K members? old ones? know they make repros but are they different for left and right hand drive? I would need something suitable for right hand drive, either that or go with a 33-34 style x member.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  25. Pretty bloody rare in NZ, there was one a while back on trademe, the guy wanted about $1000 or so for it, I'll try to think of his user name if your interested and you may be able to contact him. Rekon a 33-34's going to be pretty hard to find as well, I was trying to track down a 39ish X-member, bloody hard to come by as well so im making some dies to punch out the slots and holes and making one myself.

26. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

I want to find a body like that....

27. Moose there was a mint origonal one on trade me a little while back and were asking $1800.00 for it !!!!!!! JW

28. Rat.Racer

Rat.Racer
    from Maryland

Looks awesome! Subscribed...

29. Mooseman

Mooseman

Not much progress due to family stuff but heres a little frame mockup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]