Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. You could make some neat looking yard art out of that.

2. dart165

dart165

Some local junk i spied through a fence in Livonia MI:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Edsel101

Edsel101

My Dad and I found this spot around 2000. The property had quite a few cars that had rusted away. We pulled a few of the Edsels for parts. The guy apparently would run a car until it broke down, park it, and buy another. This car in particular was pretty over grown. Yeah, that's a tree.

Attached Files:

4. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

I would be all over that Lincoln, I would use it for a donar car and find me a good H/T car and have a dream convertible, there is no way I would let that car die sitting there like that, that is such a rare car, you just never see a car like that, granted there is a fortune in chrome alone but that is one of those cars you put in the garage and build for the rest of your life, or it would be for me anyway. Jim:D

5. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

That lincoln is some sad shit right there. Those were neet old cars. Lippy

6. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

That's definitley worth getting if possible! You just don't see 3 windows rotting like that anymore. Even if it can't be bought, do take some more pics!

7. The_Monster

The_Monster

8. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Yep those lincolns are a desirable car.There is good money for any vert only stuff,header bow,top frame,rear seat.rear view mirror.I know what parts cost,I bought a few!If the front bumper is laying around,and has the fog lights I'd be interested.Just info,the stainless on these is magnetic and will rust pit.It still polishes pretty good.I sold the hood letters off 1 for 125.00

9. cheveey57

cheveey57

10. Edsel101

Edsel101

That Lincoln was the only vehicle we weren't allowed to pull. I guess the family liked it as a yard ornament. We always wondered how far off the ground the front seat was. An Edsel club member pulled the other Edsels within the last couple years and said the Lincoln was still there. Here are a few more pictures of the other cars that were there.

Attached Files:

11. VonKool13

VonKool13

I gotta say I like the licoln the way it is. It looks so cool as yard art. If it was mine I would paint it and clean it up, then get the lights working. Bitchin yard art while still protecting it. If someone else ended up with it after me, It would still be buildable if they wished.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. xtremek

xtremek

DUDE, where is this at? Are any of them available? I'd love to get my hands on any of them, especially the COE! I've wanted a Ford COE since I was a teenager. INFO PLEASE.

13. klazurfer

klazurfer

Trashingcows said on first page : "I swear these people refuse to sell these cars because it's the only way they actually get to talk to people.....:mad: " I totaly agree !!

Klaz

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  14. 5-4Belair

5-4Belair

This 54' is sitting just far enough into the woods that I would have never found if I wasn't looking for it.

Attached Files:

15. Thumper

Thumper

[​IMG]....
    .... Hey Now !!!!.........that ain't funny.....LMAO.......:D

16. geologist

geologist

17. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Gonna fix it up! No shit, he is going to fix it, he has several cars, has restored some from what I was told.....anyways here are some more pics...Jim

Attached Files:

18. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

This is his also....same story..Jim

Attached Files:

19. How old is he? I sure hope he has a lot of time, talent and money to fix those rough turds.

20. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Since I am posting here is some more stuff I have been meaning to post...Jim

Attached Files:

21. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

HA! HA! HA! like 85 or so and he is retired from the bus barn at the school there...Jim

22. Mo rust

Mo rust

Wow.. In my picture, it didn't look that bad. I can't belive how rough it is from any other angle.

23. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It obviously means a lot to him, that's why it's up off of the ground and kept safe... :rolleyes:

24. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Yeah, right!!! LOL!!

25. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

All Vintage Car's go to Heaven

When I see pictures of cars that have so much history and wonderful memories associated with them sitting in a field some place just waiting for someone to come and save them.

Everything has a life span but many old cars find someone who cares enough to restore them to their once brilliant shine and glory.

Don't crush them Save them!!!!!!!!

Just my opinion Jimbo

26. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

If you weren't so far away, I'd come visit ya! Lately I've been trying to save some things from the "scrappers". A few of them take great pleasure in telling about the ( fill in the blank), that we knocked everything off with a loader and it got crushed!! Listen up though, here in South Central Ks, Wellington area will be a large auction selling a lot of old cars, no sale bill yet; but was told by the auctioneer it would be sometime after Christmas. Patterson Auction Service. I plan on being there!

27. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Nailhead A-V8 likes this.
  28. 33 Fordor

33 Fordor
    from Missouri

The U-Pick-It yard pulled just the Studebaker wagon out of the row and replaced it with this '52 Chevy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

i bought several cars that were not for sale by offering cash in the highest amount i was willing to pay---the days of screaming bargains are pretty much past--the story i get the most is " it belongs to my son"---i have also found [ on the HAMB] people saving cars that seem to be way past saving --lots of talent here

30. Ric Dean

Ric Dean
    from Central NY