Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake Drum ID. Needed.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by keith27T, Dec 16, 2012.

1. I picked these up today. The guy said that there 1940 ford, but they are 1 PIECE DRUM AND HUB TOGETHER. I've never seen these before. came with backing plates, juice brakes, and bearing in nice condition 5 on 5 1/2". Anybody no what there from? I've only seen hub inside or outside.

Attached Files:

• 006.jpg
      006.jpg
      File size:
      315.3 KB
      Views:
    • 007.jpg
      007.jpg
      File size:
      342.9 KB
      Views:
  2. carkiller

carkiller

Does the dust cap screw in or knok on? I dont recognise the 3 wheel locaters around the hub.

3. doctorZ

doctorZ

i have seen similar set-ups on tractors. how about some pics from the back and some shots of the backing plates?

4. There at the shop. So not going there till the weekend. Backing plates and brakes, shoes and bearing are same as 40-47. They fit my 47 spindles. Back of drums are solid just studs. I think I'm going to use them. they look cool. Just wanted to know what they are off of.

5. Post this on fordbarn.

6. Here,s a pair in their natural environment. Early 1940 i believe. Don,t see them to often.

Attached Files:

7. Thanks. I quess I have the fronts to match. The drums are still able to be turned so I think I'm going to use them.

8. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey keith27T,
    I have one as well, never really was certain what these came off and for what year. This fits Ford really well and felt that it's EARLY 1940 Ford.
    Of course my drum is the rear hub/drum.
    The one I have is nice shape and the run out is 12.060 inch and true. The '29 Ford A axle and '33 Ford axle, that I have and tried, both sit well with the axle key. And leaves ample room for the long axle nut.
    Are you truly planning on keeping what you have, or would you like one other?
    These seem hard to find. S2
    :) pm me either way

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  9. schutejame

schutejame
    from london

Just wanted to know what they are off of.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. 32Tudor396

32Tudor396

I believe they are Canadian made drums,I've seen them on ford barn.I have a as well.My buddy has them on his T,all same hardware.

11. Four Red X visible here.

12. No I'm going to use these.
    Thanks