Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1937 to 1942 Willys Picture Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Rod Willys, Jan 15, 2011.

1. dmorago

dmorago

Do you have some interior shots, especially of das? Many of us are trying to firgure out how the dash was trimmed on the 41's. And, the wind wings on yours is unique, too. Thanks, Dick M

2. dmorago

dmorago

Check out this link of Hot Rod Tucker. A little off topic, but very interesting web site for Gear Heads.

http://www.robidaconcepts.com/#!

3. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Here is a couple photos of my stock 41 dash, not sure if there is a difference from U.S cars and Canadian cars as I know my 39 and 40 seem to have different dashes then some others I have seen.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bash

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  4. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

yeah totally different trim Bash, and like Dave said the noticable top stainless too thought it was thicker ... maybe overseas or canadain built? :confused:

5. 33HEMI

33HEMI

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

my 42 has an "Americar" emblem on the dash

7. dmorago

dmorago

To continue of the *theme of 41 Willys dashes, I have pulled from some of my recent shots a collection that may or may not help us. I does seem there are many variations, including on the stock-stock Willys.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->
    *Thanks to rocky larocca and his posting #3582 for providing some interest.
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->
    Enjoy. Dick M.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Attached Files:

8. dmorago

dmorago

Here are a couple of shots of a flathead powered Willys. Shots forwarded to the West Coast Willys group by Mick Coyne. Flathead Jack [Schafer] has a shop in the Walnut Creek area of Northern California.

Thanks, Dick M.

Attached Files:

9. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

any one interested theres another 40 steel coupe gasser on the bay got a glass cap ! thats the 3rd one in about a month ...they are still out there :cool:

10. dmorago

dmorago

11. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Here's a few pics of the '40 Willys I just picked up..Before its current state,It was an old gasser that ran in the eastern PA. area w/a 6 cylinder GMC..Perhaps someone has some more info on it?The guy I bought it from had it since the late 70's and doesn't remember who he got it from..

Attached Files:

12. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

Nice find ! check out the crazy 70,s side pipes everything from vettes to vans had them... now on willys too Wow ! :eek:

13. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Thanks Rocky..Yeah,she's got "70's and 80's" written all over her..But I'll be putting it back to gasser look..

14. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

its the only way to own one !!! like Springsteen said they were Born to Run !:cool:

15. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

I took these pics a few years ago and have no info on the sedan.

Attached Files:

16. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Few more old pics

Attached Files:

17. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

thats a nice sedan Dave ... sitting right !

18. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well we sold our little truck today. It's going to a new owner in New York.[​IMG]

19. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Awesome Original Willys. Keep her that way.

20. Hot Rod Tucker

Hot Rod Tucker
    from NJ

I am. Since I got it I just have been making a little more roadworthy. It's running and driving pretty well now. Just a few small things on my list before spring.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

congrats----love the look of your car and truck

22. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

im sure your sorry to see it go ! nice matched set.......what you gunna biuld now :cool:

23. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you very much.

24. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It will probably be the elusive 33 Willys. As soon as we can find a steel one that we don't have to sell our house to afford:D

25. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

hope you get one ! it will be going to a good home and you,ll do her justice for sure :cool:

26. Mullins

Mullins

Wheelguy first willys pictures from back in the day.

Attached Files:

27. Sky Pilot

Sky Pilot

that about says it all Mullins ! nice.... my time machine is just about ready im looking for a trunion kanibbler to complete it --anybody got one? :p

28. junkhead57

junkhead57

Mullins, that looks alot lot my car did b4 being primed. The front fenders are still black! I still havent traced any history mine. One of these days I`ll get to it!,

Also ,congrats Larry on selling your pickup! I wouldve loved to have that 1! Beautiful truck.

29. wheelguy

wheelguy

THANKS to Mullins for posting my first Willys (1968).I was 22 years old when I got it.
    45 years later I'm still playing with Willys. Putting together a SBC with Chromed 471 blower and Richmond 5 speed overdrive to go in my current 41 .
    I sold the all steel 40 Willys in 1973 (complete less motor),400 turbo, porcelain headers, polished MAGNESIUM HALIBRANDS for $1400....WISH I KEPT IT !!!!
    Just thought I'd add a note to (Rob) Mullins post on my first of 6 Willys. ( 40 Coupe, 39 Sedan, 33 Coupe, 41 Coupe, 41 Coupe, 41 Coupe.)
    Regards, Joe.

30. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch