Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Thank you Ryan for all that you do.

Maybe we could close this now...

2. X2

I was lucky enough to be on-line early and got mine right before they sold out.

[​IMG]

It's going to hang out in the '34 for a while until the Deuce is done.

3. Mine came today. It will go in the 36 when finished. Thanks Ryan they came out great.

4. Airstream Dan

Airstream Dan

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

5. That being said Ryan, I'll go round three...count me in ! lol :D

6. Well I actually got lucky this time. Ive never hit one of these kinda sales on time before. And when the cool stuff goes up for a HAMB auction it quickly goes out of my price range.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  7. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

And i think we NEED to have MORE then a run of 30 of them
    to let MORE people have one !!!! Hint Hint !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Any chance of picking up a coupe still please??

9. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

I see an opportunity here. I'll go to China and get a truckload of knockoffs made. Just add an S so as not to piss off too many people named Ryan. "SHAMB". OK, line up. Who wants one? Who wants 30? Who wants 300? (With apologies to Saxman for his fine work.)

10. What's Ryan's line about stealing stuff? I think it involved custom dental work ??

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. I was wondering why I didn't get a notification, oh well. I hope everything is ok with ya man. Take care

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Yeah,,,, "Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in." HRP

13. NO ONE got a personal notication. It was at the top of the main board untill they sold out. Some were just at the right place at the right time. Missed out on the first shift knob but was lucky enough to get this one.

14. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

... Bait taken :D

if you can't do the time don't do the crime.

anyone up for a lets see 'em shiftnob thread?

15. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Brent, well aware that the HAMB knobs are a special edition thing, but since checking out Saxmans site I reckon I could come up with my own design and have him produce it for me. The hamb one would have been nice, but a personalised one would equal it I reckon. I will be in touch with him nearer the time. I am still a long way of needing a gear knob .

Paul.

16. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Count me in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

17. SquintBoy

SquintBoy

This was tongue in cheek guys. Just trying to show Ryan that he is steering a pretty big ship here that is important to a lot of people and a few mates didn't get the shift knobs that they wanted. What is wrong with building more knobs until the pipeline is full? And, no, I'm not going to China for anything. Actually, I'm trying to get all the Chinese crap off my hot rod!

If you didn't like the "S" in front of HAMB how about adding a "1" after it? HAMBONE!

18. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

That's hilarious!!!!, but true

19. TxRat

TxRat

First, Hope everything you dealt with is behind you. Second, Thanks for ALWAYS being a stand up guy...

20. c6_rob

c6_rob

I still want a knob. Will trade for brand new topper + cash.....

21. They wouldn't be rare, limited or unique if Saxman pumped up the production to meet demand. Sometimes, that perfect little detail is the one that you know only 29 other guys in the world have.

Hopefully I'm privileged enough to be part of the next group of 30 with a new design. :)

22. Hey guys,

I see your point about how cool it is to have one of a very limited number of something but I just want to make sure you know that production was not limited in order to produce rarity. That was not my intention and I doubt that it was Ryan's either. Ryan ordered a certain number of knobs and that is the number that I produced. I'm kinda glad he didn't order 500. It would take me until this time next year to make that many...maybe longer!

23. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The big problem for a lot of us being able to get one was that the HAMB board opens up when we click on the link on our computers and never go to the main Jalopy Journal page. Our bad and we missed out this time around. And a lot of people probably miss the concept that Ryan most likely paid you up front when he placed the order and the order for 75 of them would have come to a good chunk of change to lay out before you had any orders.

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Get the machines cranked up :)
    Have you ever done any one off knobs with a customers own design ?
    Just wondering :)

I would pay up front to be able to get one. :) Missing out is no fun at all.

25. I'm in, I'm real interested, enjoyed checking out your web page too!!

26. I am the machines. :) Yes, I have. Shoot me a PM if interested.

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Will do if I can come up with something when I'm ready. :)

28. Chiefpontiac77

Chiefpontiac77

29. Really guys,,,HRP

[​IMG]

30. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I ordered a couple of shift knobs from Saxman. Today I received them and am thrilled with them! He is a true craftsman, and I am thrilled to support him and own some of his work. Thank you, Mike!!