Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lets See Those Hudsons!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DtroitDinosaur, Oct 12, 2007.

1. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I've been working on this 37

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. Hey Hudson Custom, here's a few more pics of your car, saw it last month when I was in Mt. Vernon. Every time I've driven past that building there has been a cool car out front so when I saw yours that morning I stopped to take pics, you said hi as I was shooting.
    My battery died so I went to change batteries and you left, bummer, but it made me look inside Paul's shop and that turned into another great story! Can't wait to see what he does with the upholstery - post pics as the work progresses!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the business that now resides in that old Radiator Shop...

[​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  3. Right on Dave!

My wife works there with Paul at the shop, and we're doing the interior ourselves for the most part, with some help and input from Paul here and there.

I was there at the shop that day picking interior colors. I've still got quite a bit of work ahead of me...

Thanks,
    keith

4. Keith - I talked to your wife for a few minutes, gave her my card and said to tell you I was there. Paul seems to have done some great interiors and his hot rods that were in the shop were awesome!

Next time I'm up there, next spring or summer, I'll try to get in touch with you.

Love what you've done with the Hudson!

5. attitudor

attitudor
    from Finland

Cool photos. Glad you are getting the interior done in Paul's shop, Keith. That car is tits!
    --mika

6. New 51 Hornet

Attached Files:

7. Matthew

Matthew
    from Burien, WA

Very nice!

8. Those look like Chrysler police wheels with some sore of custom cone center cap.... Im running those wheels on my dodge and I'm super curious about that cap set up.

9. Yup mopar cop wheels and the pins are gone. Caps were from a set of 57 caddy caps and were attached to the dust covers I'm now running stock wheels and white walls and spider caps
    [​IMG]

10. colpay

colpay

G'day
    Just bought myself a 1939 Hudson 112 sedan !! I had one of these when I was 15 that I bought from the local wrecker for $50 but I sold it 5 years later...

This baby has had the whole drive train rebuilt & the body is in very good condition except for the rear where the tool box was, these were a common rust issue due to original exhaust being too short & the vapours caused the rear to rust away.

Those anyone know of any hop up gear for the original side valve 6 ??

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

39hudrat likes this.
  11. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

Mine, as found. Drove it that way for years.

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  12. redlinegw

redlinegw
    from Newhall CA

Here is my 50 Commodore that I just dropped off at my friends to get a valve job and install a twin h setup and clifford header. I met Joe at Bill's about 15 years ago before I bought a car and remember how cool he was. After I got my car the fuel pump went out and I called over there to get one and luckily Joe answered the phone and said "Dont tell Bill I told you this but you can get a fuel pump for $19 from PepBoys just get one for an AMC" after that I knew he was legit. Once I get my car running and on the road again I am going to work on doing a 12volt conversion with a new harness then some new interior. It has been off the road since 2009 so I am stoked to be driving it again!

[​IMG]

13. cloverfield48

cloverfield48

I know I'm very late to this thread, but nevertheless I had to comment. What a great bunch of Hudson stories- good stuff :D. I have attached some pictures of my 35 Hudson, recovered from the desert here in Western Australia. I had to make up dead axles to fit under the originals as someone cut off one side front and back. Go figure. On the 1800 kilometer trip, it came off the trailer only once, no damage thankfully (pride aside), and now it is in the garage being dismantled. Parts can be hard to come by, but I have managed to get most of what I need from here in Australia, with a couple of others from the States and Canada. Being a Mopar person, it is going to get a 318/904 upgrade. I'm waiting on an IFS from Pennsylvania and steel wheels. 3.JPG

DSCF9835.jpg

hudson 032.jpg

hudson 056.jpg

hudson 061.jpg

hudson 070.jpg

14. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

That's ORSM! Are you going to have a build thread on it?

15. edweird

edweird

my new project.

Attached Files:

litemup66, bent metal and kiwijeff like this.
  16. Once, and you were there!;)

17. So...what's the story with that car???

18. Jimbacca

Jimbacca

Some shots of my buddy's two hudsons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He got them out in the 909 from someone clearing out their collection.

19. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

I was going to ask the same thing. ??

20. segajeep

segajeep

Now that's a sweet car. I assume it's less rotted than the last one you built? As I recall you were spiteful about having all those parts fabbed.

21. daddio

daddio

Here's my 1952 Hornet. It has been my daily driver for the last 12 years. Over 175,000 miles since I bought it. I got it to resell, but fell in love with it instead. Drove with the Super 6 for 3 years. Now has a fuel injected LT1, 4l60E, Camaro subframe, a/c. Mark (Daddio)

Attached Files:

22. DtroitDinosaur

DtroitDinosaur

Well a number of years ago I started this thread. Thanks for posting all the cool pics.
    The monkey on my back wouldnt let up and I finally got another Hudson.
    Here is my new project on it's way home.
    1952 Pacemaker Coupe
    Right now it has a 262 inline six but I will be swapping it for a v8.
    The cosmetics are rough but she is a solid southern car.
    [​IMG]

23. sadayo

sadayo

Look forward to seeing updates on your project!

24. raidmagic

raidmagic

I thought I posted mine here but I guess I didn't so here it is. I got it last October. I have done a bunch to it but it still has a way to go. Fun to drive though

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. Ive since sold that 51 to a new hudson enthusiast. The 51 is/was a rustfree car. I will never buy a rusty hudson again. There are enough clean cars still around even if you have to pay to ship them. I'm still building my 52 Hornet. Ive gotta distracted by aquiring some O/T cars in the mean time. hows your build coming Segajeep?

26. segajeep

segajeep

Slowly. I've been building up the parts cache. Picked up Twin H stuff and got the one big six I have to turn over. Dragged home another car. Originally for the visor and tail lights, bit I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of the frame. My other two need frame work.

It's a '50. Wide block 232 (going by what the head says), but it sat with no hood and no carb for like 40 years so I don't have hope for the engine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm considering stripping this one down to the pan (like a Beetle) and transplanting the best bodyshell I have. I want to run an m 21 tranny. Not sure about the stock rear end either. I'd like to find a 308, but if my 232 runs I'll freshen it up.

My OT Dodge Crew is taking up resourced though. 4xDually conversion and the 472/4l80 swap are using my bandwidth currently. It's the daily so it has priority.

27. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

How bout an old Hudsun Jet dirt track race car??

Set up for a Ford flathead too..

Attached Files:

28. Took mine out for a sunset drive last night...

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  29. Hip

Hip

Ahhh, the poor-mans Merc. I bought a 49' super six from "Doc Franknstine" , after he rescued it on its way to the crusher, literally! It needs a lot of tender loving care, but its going to be a sled anyway.

Attached Files:

30. BarryA

BarryA

Just sold this one - I would never have got to it.
    I have a customer's '49 coupe in the shop patiently waiting it's turn....

Attached Files: