Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects my 34 Ford Tudor project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 345winder, Jun 23, 2012.

1. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Looking fantastic! Love that chop!

2. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Very nice Hot Rod. I like the thought that goes into the little details that make it a Hot Rod from the past with the reliability of an OHV drive train.

3. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks guys!!!

Muffin,,, apreciate it, as i really love your coupe,,in fact i decided to runs 17"s after seeing yours on 17"s :D ....

4. Muffin

Muffin
    from Layton, UT

I think a tudor will be my next car also. I would love to be able to fit the family in one car. So keep the updates coming so I can get ideas. The car is going to be bitchen!

5. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

still skratching along at it.....getting closer to being a driveway runner!

picked up this 46' steering wheel last week! ,,i know alot of guys like a 40 ford wheel or a 39 banjo...but i have always thought these wheels are so pretty...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <

6. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

You're not alone.. That wheel is purdy! I got a neat wheel myself but I'm waiting until I get to that point in the build to reveal what it is.

That engine looks so righteous in there.

7. Looking good.

8. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

didja know you got two different year valve covers?...drivers side is early type '59-'63, and passenger side is later type '64-'67....Early one has front of cover straight up and down...late one front is angled back a few degrees.

I'm assuming the bolt holes are straight across on both...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  9. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

YES!!! but at the time i didnt! haha,,i didnt notice untill i was painting them...hahaha,,,i had 4 of them i was saving,one was ruff, 3 were nice, a buddy called me a couple months ago needing one badly at the time so i offered him one..... i picked out one and gave to him, then a few weeks after i pulled out the two good ones and while painting them noticed the difference! ...a couple days later i was at his place and was checking out his 56 chevy truck project and noticed his valve covers were mismatched too,,,haha! but he is running a intake without a fill tube,so he had already added breathers to the valvecovers, so we couldnt swap back...:(:eek:....

oh well...haha ...besides,,,i dont plan on opening the hood anywhere unless im working on it and then it will only be one hood side up at a time so maybe noone else will notice :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  10. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

Thanks!!! i wired up the engine the other day to fire it up,,hope to be able to drive it down the driveway soon!

11. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

IT RUNS !!!!!!!!!!

my goal was to have it drivable by mid-winter,,,ive been thrashing on it,.,not done or roadworthy, but it runs!!! thanks JunkyardJunky for stopping by and helping bleed the brakes!

super excited to back it out the garage and drive it up the street!.....about six months ago i started the build of this Tudor,,,it was a car that had never been hotrodded ,,Today i drove it down the street for the first time its ran under its own power in over 40 years!

still not done, i have a bunch of stuff to do, before its actually roadworthy,, but i just had to share as i feel i met my goal of getting it driveway drivable by the middle of winter! thanks to all who have helped out selling me parts or in somecases even donating!

it's just a quick short vid...

VIDEO >>> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151223874014355&ref=notif&notif_t=like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks for looking!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  12. Besty34

Besty34

That's weird I tried to open the link and its goes my FB page ! Anyway glad you got it running its always a milestone moment

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

14. The stance is just plain wicked! HRP

15. X2... Paint it and call it done. Love it!.

16. Muffin

Muffin
    from Layton, UT

17. 5winder: Really enjoyed the vid. Had one of those a few years back. Didn't miss it til now, thanks. tim

18. Retro61

Retro61

Saweeeet! Hope my 5-Window looks that Bitchen!! Good job!!

19. Law Dog

Law Dog

20. flyin flattie

flyin flattie
    from Redmond OR

im bummed there isnt a flathead in there but its still supper bad ass to see that thing moving

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Your build is coming along great and you have gone in a direction I like.
    I agree with you about using the sbc. Cheaper, far better reliability than any flathead capable of running with it. And parts availability isn't even in the same ballpark!
    Always liked all '33/34's, hard for me to say which body style I like most, as all have some features I like more than the same area on the other styles.

22. Car is looking righteous. I really like the headlight placement. This is something I have been going over in my head. Can you post some pictures of the headlight stands and give me a measurement on how far off the frame rail the headlight ring is? Center of headlight ring straight down. I just want it as a starting point for my headlight bar setup. Thanks, Let me tell ya, I wish I had your drive. I am so slow. Awesome ride. What town are you in?

23. Window Licker

Window Licker

This is probably my favorite build in a long time

24. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks everyone!!

.....still a bunch to do ,,namely...., get glass cut. cut my garnish moldings down...soft top roof insert,exhaust, mount the battery somewhere under the floor (it's curently riding in the passanger floorboard! haha) make a rear spreader bar,, mount & wire up tail lights and wire up headlights ,and see if my gas tank is repairable or get a new one to replace the 5 gallon gas can riding in the back floorboard,haha.

... my daughters next semester college tuition is due in a few weeks, so i'm having to put on hold most of those things till i get a lil cash built up ,so in the mean time trying to do things that wont really cost to much...im on vacation this week so im working on the lil small things that dont really cost anything but time....

...i really would like to see paint on it, but i also want to have a hotrod on the road this coming year and if i tore it all back down to paint now, i dont see it happening,,it sucked not having a hotrod last year..so maybe next fall?

i really do appreciate all the kind words !

thanks Curbspeed! the headlight stands are off the shelf from the bottom of headlight ring to the top of frame rail is 4 1/2"

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  25. texkbc

texkbc

Nice! Thanks for posting I am enjoying this one.

26. ...that has a great look to it, it's nice bringin an old car back to life. Nice work, I like tudors as well as coupes. Man, I love that 56 Chev!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  27. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Looking great. Any plans for paint....

28. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

thanks!

no plans anytime soon,, i have two other cars that are shiny and they are a pain in the ass to keep clean,so maybe next year,,,i just want to get it dialed in were i can drive it anywhere,then worry about that later.....

thanks! my 56 has been neglected latley!!!

29. Beau

Beau

TOUGH! I love it.

30. You really nailed the stance and chop. Keep it up!