Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hub Caps For Ransom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. OK, I'll say it. I see some vast hypocricy here. Most times when there is a theft mentioned in a thread many of you^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ are the first ones to call for castration, public hanging.............. etc. Not a knock on Ryan here, he has obviously made amends and turned it into a fine tale. But, many of you may want to think twice about jumping on a bandwagon next time.

2. lowtruck

lowtruck
    from Omaha

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks for the story.

3. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

I agree. A member got about 100 snide remarks just this week for making mention of weed and drinking in a thread. I don't drink or smoke, but I don't condemn others for doing it. The "holier than thou" claws only come out when it suits them, and when it doesn't involve a moderator or site founder, apparently.

4. williebill

williebill

I don't see it this way... Most ( or ALL ) of us have done stupid shit in our younger days. Laughing about it years later,remembering the idiocy of it all,is a far cry from condoning it.
    I'm glad Ryan wrote it. Reminded me of stuff I did years ago that i will NEVER admit now.

We were all stupid once.......

5. deto

deto

Hypocricy ass message board

6. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahaha! Great story! :D Oh yea, we all have similar stories, that's why we're hoodlums! (OK, so most of us are hopefully ex-hoodlums). Great read.

7. Zombie 51

Zombie 51
    from New York

Can I get my hubcaps back now????

8. thesupersized

thesupersized

Im just trying to figure out why this is a headlining story? yes, what's done is done and you came clean, and everyone is young and dumb at one point, but what's good or cool about this story? I dont understand, maybe i'm not hardcore enough, I'd never steal from a fellow custom car or hot rod guy.

9. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice one, Tman. You're all class buddy.

10. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

People do things as kids... Things that aren't right... It's part of growing up.

At the end of the day, it's a life experience of mine. I've done worse... Much worse... And I've paid for it all in one way or another.

At the end of the day, it's a story worth telling. But I'm not about to write some ABC special for ya'll. Sorry.

My hypocrisy knows no bounds.

11. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

.....just tell your hoodlum friends outside, you aint got time to take a ride
    yackity yak........ Great story

12. Great writing, truly entertaining. Been there, done that - still feel bad about it. For the folks that are upset by it, follow my wife's advice: Don't try to make sense of it, it doesn't make sense and never will and that's OK.

13. Damn Tman,I thought we might string him up but if we do who's gonna kept the lights on here? :D HRP

14. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I'm confused by all the back slapping and ata boys, to me a thief is a thief, period.

15. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I can tell already... I'm gonna have to tell the rest of the story... Lame.

16. to me the difference lays in the fact that the "thief" and the "victim" have sorted it out. Great Story Ryan. I felt like I was there.......

17. Don't, it's better this way.....:D

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ohhh... I can see the "Ryan Cochran is a Thief" message board or blog popping up and any moment. The leaches are hungry. They need to feed.

But fuck it, what do I care?

At the end of the day, I just wanna write whatever I wanna write. And I'm gonna continue to do that... Cuz that's what I love to do. And I'm pretty thankful that some folks like reading it. Those that don't, don't have to.

19. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

For the record, I didn't delete your post. However, I'll send you a pm.

I wonder how many stolen cars the HAMB has helped in recovering?

20. slowmotion

slowmotion

Damn, I thought it was a pretty cool story about youthful innocence lost, peer pressure, and making it right in the end. Huh, turned into a shitstorm right quick...

21. bonesy

bonesy

....good thing I was never anything but a perfect angel. Cool story.

22. BOOB

BOOB
    from Taylor, TX

:eek:

23. I like the part about the police chase and the big explosions, and the ending when you drive the car off a cliff. Cool. Hope I'm not spoiling the plot.

24. Same here... Cool story and good on you for making it right.

25. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I'll definitely have to rethink that idea of telling you guys about the "beer run" we made in high school only to be interrupted by a Texas Ranger with a twisted idea of negative reinforcement. :)

26. Kona Cruisers

Kona Cruisers

Very well writen story...

"Da Injun "... wifes Blackfoot Sioux, Im guessing your a Poncho fan but my wife might not read it that way. Perspective bro... Perspective.

27. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Hey Ryan, I'm in the market for some 16" caddy sombrero's , if you feel the need :)

Paul.

28. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

PM Weesner.

Inside joke, right Keith? :)

29. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

AWESOME BOSS MAN ... we all have been there .. thanks for the great story!!

30. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Spare me the goody-good bullshit. Most of us red-blooded Americans did some crazy shit when we were young, some really crazy shit, and by god, it is fun to reminisce and talk about it sometimes. Give me a break.