Register now to get rid of these ads!

OOPS now what do I do?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fastrnu, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I like the truck but I would take a couple 40 Merc rear fenders and mold them over the rear wheels. Maybe a Pearl Cream paint with a single dark blue pinstripe down the side. You know keep it simple with the paint because everything else is so bold. I'm sure if I gave it more than five minutes, I would have some better ideas.

2. GaryC.

GaryC.

Like so many of the other guys,
    I really like the custom look of this truck.
    I had a little time this evening and did
    a Photoshop treatment of the truck with
    some custom paint. Cool project!!

GaryC.

Attached Files:

3. Sonny48

Sonny48
    from Mo.

That's just what I was thinkin'...he shouldn't change a thing because it's very possible that Barris..Roth, and Starbird could have built that thing in one long Alcohol...or drug induced night.
    I like it...I know one thing...I don't believe you would have to worry about anyone pulling up beside you in one just like it. Just sayin' :D

4. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

I actually really like it! its cool!. I think with a good paint job and a new set of wheels with wide whites and i bet it would be one awesome looking truck!! Think simple changes~!

5. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Heres a couple shot as it sits now. The blower will get 6 Strombergs atop 3 Y adapters. The rearend will get changed to a narrowd 31 spline after I destroy the current one. Something tells me that little Luv rearend wont like the way I'm gonna treat it. Nothing like a blown motor and a 4 speed

http://dickshotrodcarbs.com

Attached Files:

6. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Anybody know a good resource for some 3 bolt slingshots. The only ones I have been able to find were polished.

7. roddinron

roddinron

I just came across this thread. I can't believe Gary C did that rendering a year ago, and no one has commented! Gary C, that is beautiful, I'm a huge fan of your work, and as usual, you nailed it!

8. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Now that is the funniest thing I've heard all week. I assure you Barris,Roth,or Starbird had nothing to do with the build of this truck (Other than warping my brain as a child). Im glad to see so many people get a kick out of this truck. I gotta say I liked it better the way I built it with the modified stock grill. Its cool to me that it is now in the hands of a kid who seems to get a kick out of it too.

9. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Agreed, the IH grille needs to get back on.
    And that rendering is bad ass.

10. cshades

cshades
    from wi

11. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

I too love Gary C's version. Will be looking at putting the nose and hood back on. Will open up the center of the hood for the 6 carbs and stacks. Will keep the blower below the hood line and more than likely run 4"-6"-8" stacks
    Why not go over the top.

12. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

I don't care what 9 out of 10 angry old codgers say, that thing is cool! Haha!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  13. teejay99

teejay99

Truck version of CAD-ZILLA . I think it's the side window opening that bugs me ...looks like an armored car .

T

14. i have no idea why.it goes against what i beleive in....but i sorta like it. change the wheels to something old (painted with big caps) and paint it some cool show car color and i think it could pull it off oddly enough

aaah wait. i just saw the grill..eh its ruined for me now :/

15. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

16. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

What about using rear fenders fron a late 50's GM truck for the rears and the rear of the front fenders?

17. Gerrys

Gerrys

Bring the door tops up further about 2 1/2" int the roof should do it, and open up the windows the same.

18. That thing is cool!

Its the Bat-truck!

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Absolutley.
    Carbs stickin out the hood will give it even more of a wacky 60s vibe.
    Glad you too think the nose needs to get back btw ;)

20. mark mulik

mark mulik
    from Arizona

Johnny Cash would be proud. This is the car he made a song about

The 41er

21. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Still lookin for those unpolished 3-bolt slingshots. Thought Charlie Price would have'm.....Any ideas guys?

22. wsdad

wsdad

I really liked the photoshop from a few posts ago. How about bringing some of the lines in the bed forward to help blend the bed and cab together? Also, I thought it would be neat to give the hood and sunvisor the same, "brow" shape as the headlights. I think a visor would make the side windows fit better, especially if the visor is kind of round like the cab and windows, instead of flat like most of the ones you see. I tried photoshopping it in "Paint" but it came out pretty crude. You might be able to extend some of the lines on the bed onto the cab by making them out of bondo. Then you may not have to go to all the trouble of making it a, "unibody." I think I liked it better with the rear fenders on it. I think a spear on the rear fender like the one on the front would look good too. I wish I could do photoshop better to show you what I'm talking about.

I think you have a really cool truck.

[​IMG]

23. Panel Pete

Panel Pete

Classic...... It's the only one like in this town! :cool:

24. pitman

pitman

She is a wild looking thing. Gary did add some line-savvy suggestions, but sounds like you're on track.

25. I like Gerry's idea "Bring the door tops up further about 2 1/2" int the roof should do it, and open up the windows the same. "
    Even if you do nothing, it's still an interesting car

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

It is so damn ugly it is cool! Good to see the updates!!

27. ibarodder

ibarodder

Take it to one of the rat rod shows and sell it, then use the money for some thing you want.

28. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

Show the picture to your children and explain that this is what happens when you take too many mind altering chemicals... :D Especially beer...

29. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

I really think it has potiential, It would take alot, but it has potential

30. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Heres a shot of my 14yo laying his first flames this was the day before the Unfinished Nationals where He and his brother drove it in and spent 2 days layin flames, havin fun, while gettin thier first trophy.......PRICELESS!

Attached Files:

• 015.jpg
      015.jpg
      File size:
      420 KB
      Views: