Register now to get rid of these ads!

Freshly bagged 1959 ford f100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blake84, May 29, 2012.

1. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Just my opinion but...don't do it.

The sway bar has been moved down 2 inches. I would think a 2 inch longer sway bar link at the A arm would put it back where it should be.

2. Blake84

Blake84

Haha ....thanks man....if your local you should really come by Starbucks in marina del Rey on Sunday's. It's called the million dollar breakfast club....really good group of guys I'm prob the youngest (28) there are usually 20-30 cars

3. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Looks great. Have fun with it!

4. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Dude im so glad it turned out this good.
    I knew it was the right choice after all. I bet you are stocked on it. Shit does end well sometimes.

Yeah me too.
    But then again, im sure the diffrence with or without it is so minimal he could junk it all togheter and call it done.
    Unless he plans on drivin sideways often and/or do track days.

BTW, the drop brackets might not be nice, but they dont look like theyre gonna fall apart, they just look outta place, as this time he did a rather good job. Most of you guys are quick on the bashing.

5. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

thats sooooo badass! now we need pics and vids! im only a few valves away from bagging my galaxie:D

6. Blake84

Blake84

7. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Blake Im glad you found the HAMB threw all of this atleast. I didnt know what I was missing untill I found it. Im just sayen its a good bunch of guys around here. They like to joke around and bust every ones balls once in awhile. But all and all they will take care of you. I hope your here to stay man. I like your truck. DOnt stop learning your doing good and learning alot. Im glad you turned out happy in the end.

8. HouldenCaulfield

HouldenCaulfield
    from Tulsa, OK

Im sure this is somewhere in this monster of a forum, but what size tires are you running? So glad you got this thing fixed, its such a sick looking truck. Now, it will drive and perform as well as it looks.

9. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Jesus....What a thread. Im glad you took the time to ask all the questions and post all the results. Glad your truck got that abortion of a front end off of it. Now drive the hell out of it.

10. Blake84

Blake84

Haha thanks man!

11. Blake84

Blake84

Hey. Wheels are 15 inch

Tires are bf Goodrich 8.20-15 3.5 inch whitewall

Hope this helps

ill shoot you a PM just incase you dont see this.

12. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

13. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

i lost track of this thread,good you got it sorted out,Blake.

14. ronotron

ronotron

Is it true these guys shafted you again by doing shit welding after it had been tacked together and inspected by no limits?????

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. Marten

Marten

Great looking ride...now stop posting on this thread and start a new Build thread, full off positive updates on this car! I'm getting depressed by this whole story..ouch

16. ronotron

ronotron

Any news Blake?

17. Redheadedlefty13

Redheadedlefty13
    from Avon, Ohio

18. ronotron

ronotron

Sooooo.... What happened Blake???

19. sololobo

sololobo

Danger! Looks ain't everything, totally unsafe. Get er fixed!! ~sololobo~

20. hershambob

hershambob

shouldent they antiroll bar mount to the lower arm???or does it not matter

21. ronotron

ronotron

Anyone know what happened with this... Seems all too quiet to be good news?

22. He's been drivin the piss outta it! geesh lol

23. Blake84

Blake84

Truck is great! I did have another run in with the shop.....we took it to state frame and had the truck frame straightened 100 percent part from the original suspension part from a previous accident before I owned car....they also plated the entire bottom of frame rail and drove it to rob at no limit where he said looked great! Drives great. Frame was all tweaked but now is 100 percent straight. Everything's good with it...the frame had some damage before suspension because it went from rear all the way to the front....the frame shop said it looked like it was t boned and rearended....but overall I'm loving the truck and new suspension.....I picked up a 1950 shoebox and I have been focusing most of my time on that and not really on this site as much because I'm working in the garage and I don't like some of the shit talking that goes on on this site. I like the nice helpful people though and have made some good friends on here... Appreciate everyones help but consider this one case closed and yes I will and have been driving the piss out of it.....I'll be at mooneyes Christmas show and here is a pic of the new 50 shoebox

Thanks again!

Especially to people like elpolocko who lended there professional time and advice to help me..and mrdickies and all the others on here as well

[​IMG]

24. Blake84

Blake84

Oh ya also rob at no limit engineering said the sway bar with his kit is not made for the inline 6 and the motor mounts are in the way.....he said he can do a cup car style sway bar? Not sure what that is but he suggested I not do it until I have radials.....he said the bias ply are slow reacting tires and with the cup car style sway bar and bias ply tires the car would wander? So when I do get radials I'll prob get the cup style sway bar because he said it does make a big difference. Just wanted to ad that.

25. The Big M

The Big M

Glad it's working out for you. :)

Do you still have the single front motor mount (shaped like a horseshoe and attached to the front of the block just below the water pump) or did they fabricate some side mounts? Just curious how the rest of the kit works with the original mounts.

I also noticed you don't have a breather-style oil cap, but there is a hose that is attached right next to it and runs down beside the intake manifold. Any idea where that goes? I'm wondering if it's a PCV system.

Finally, do you have any photos of how the power steering pump is mounted?

26. Mr.Dickies

Mr.Dickies

I think you have a Tyler in your truck!
    IMG_2484.JPG

27. Blake84

Blake84

Should have posted the video when the bags scarred the crap out of him haha!!

28. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

Wow!! just read all 26 pages...I did get to see the truck at the Mooneye's show last week and it looks better in person. Sweet truck! and glad it all worked out for you.

29. Blake84

Blake84

Haha very dramatic 26 pages! Thanks a lot. Trucks suspension is all better now. Drives like a dream! Took about 7 months and a lot of patients and frustration but It was a great learning experience!

30. Freeberg

Freeberg

New to the forum. Just purchased a 59 f100 and completely rebuilding from frame up.

Attached Files: