Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lawless movie,moonshine,hotrods and guns!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slinginrods, Dec 10, 2012.

1. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

I just watched the movie lawless,about a family of moonshiners in va.its a true story.the acting is good and there are plenty of cool cars in it from a banger roadster pickup to a original 32 roadster.you guys should check it out.

2. It was discussed to death on here when the movie was in theaters

3. Has it come out on DVD? HRP

4. Yup.....

5. bblue34

bblue34

The strip down model a was built by a friend of mine ,he called it the Police strip ...it was the fastest model A ever found in a Noth Ga ,ditch...

6. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

Figured the thread police would prolly give me some crap about it bein out for a while,just thought it was agood movie that had a tie in to our hobby.jonny bravo sucks by the way.

7. I'm glad you posted that it was on DVD,,I had forgotten about the movie and don't frequent Video stores,,but I'll make a special trip now. HRP

8. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Discussed to death or not, it's a great movie and a true story with alot of great old cars.

Yes, it's available on DVD and Blue Ray. Bought mine the day it came out.

9. supervert

supervert

its been a wile since i saw it, but for some reason i thought i saw what looked to be a gm 10bolt or something that didnt look right under one of the t's at the very beginning. did anybody else catch that?

i know that the Dillinger movie had cars with mII stuff under them

10. supervert

supervert

11. modeleh

modeleh

I noticed that too, it was the TT stake truck at the beginning. My wife asked me what I thought of the old cars and I told her the first one I saw wasn't right! For some reason I had a hard time getting into that movie because I thought they should have got someone other than Shia Lebeuf to play the lead role. Whether it is because he is Indiana Jones' son or because he got his ass kicked in real life outside a bar while filming a movie in Vancouver, I just couldn't start believing that he could have even figured out spark advance, let alone be a moonshiner. The guys that played the other brothers were good though.
    It's Cool that it was loosely based on actual events.

12. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

I never watch a movie in a theater, but rented Lawless this past weekend. I enjoyed it, other than cringing everytime they put a bullet hole in an old car....and I'm glad to know I wasn't seeing things with the TT's rear end. I didn't get a real close look and the wife wouldn't let me go back and pause it. LOL

13. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

Saw it this weekend. Cant believe Jack would just leave his new 32 roadster sitting in the tall grass.

I liked the movie. Best I've watched in a while.

14. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Wimmen been known to make a man do strange things...:D

15. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Yes. I drooled all over the '32 roadster.

-Danny

16. richie rebel

richie rebel

i rented the movie the other night,enjoyed it ,goodflick.......

17. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Saw it in the theatre and bought the DVD. Great flick. The RPU at the end is the coolest!

18. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I noticed a flaw or two, like the 10-bolt or ranger rearend in the TT truck and the paved road with yellow lines in the very first scene, but for the most part very period correct. Someone did their homework to keep the vintage right on the cars and surroundings.

How the hell they found all the dirt roads and old buildings in the Atlanta area is beyond me....

Being from the south makes me appreciate the story and history.

Attached Files: