Register now to get rid of these ads!

Do You Have A List Of The Hoffman Companies ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustomsrule, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

After reading so much bad press about the Hoffman Companies, I'd like to have (or create) a list of the companies that are a part of this organization. Just by reading my car mags and looking at the ads, I can pretty much tell which are Hoffman .... but I'd like to have a complete list, so that Hoffman eats its own bad reputation. I want to be sure not to include any reputable companies on this Hoffman list.

2. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Helix suspension
    Autoloc
    Vintage Parts
    Zirgo fans

theres a couple more, but I forget...

3. squirrel

squirrel

googling we find:

"Cleveland Bradley Business has discovered that The Hoffman Group, a supplier of after-market auto parts and based in Portland, Oregon, is beginning to infuriate its customers. The Hoffman Group, a supplier of AutoLoc suspension parts, Zirgo cooling products, Keep It Clean wiring accessories, Stellar auto security systems, Helix suspension/steering/brakes, Aurora gauges, Vintage Parts, and Protocol hot rod products, is being labeled a company with one of the worst after-sales service departments in the nation."

TCATTC, Smitty544 and Joe Twitchell like this.
  4. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Good info, Squirrel. Thank you! Is the Hoffman list now complete .... or should other names be included?

5. Weasel

Weasel

Is American Shifter Company another of theirs?

Rusty Knutts likes this.
  6. Canada Jeff

Canada Jeff

7. kustomsrule

kustomsrule
    from L A

Thanks for the info. Keep 'em coming .... but only the guilty parties, please. Don't want to tar and feather the legitemate companies.

Joe Twitchell likes this.
  8. rlsmith337

rlsmith337

Welder Joe on ebay

9. Moneymaker

Moneymaker

10. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Good deal. Ever talked to one of their "sales" people at a show? What an experience.

11. 36 coupe

36 coupe
    BANNED

Now there seems to be another - Johnny Law motors.
    These useless pricks have set up down here in Australia also, absolutely hopeless to deal with and their products are crap !

12. 1pickup

1pickup

I bought a zirgo fan & it blows!

hipster likes this.
  13. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Unfortunately since they're based here in my hometown, I see them far too often at shows. The salesmen know very little about their product, or rodding in general. They come off as elitist, and BS'ers.

14. JEM

JEM

Funny...I've been spelunking the caves of the automotive aftermarket for 30 years and I've never heard of any of those companies...correction, Aurora gauges turns up in my memories from somewhere...

15. Seriously? Aside from all the chatter on here (many threads), they have HUGE ads in all the major magazines every month. Surprised you haven't tripped over them a time or two

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

All I know is that they sell cheap offshore made garbage for the most part.

17. Metal Mangler

Metal Mangler
    from Washington

Yeah we delt with them...once... They sold us some stuff and wouldnt back it when it showed up broken. We fought with them for weeks before they refunded us our money. A bunch of assholes for sure.

Matt

18. Fenders

Fenders

A friend used to sell Electrolux vacuum cleaners -- I told him they suck.
    but isn't that what a vacuum cleaner is supposed to do?
    :D

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

How about a way to see your photos for those of us who refuse to have anything to do with facebook ?

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Welder Joe on Ebay is from what I can figure their back door Ebay outlet.

21. pumpman

pumpman

Thanks for the heads-up, their now on my naughty list!

22. Jeff J

Jeff J

I bought some of there disc brake cover's for GM calipers There hanging on the wall as they never sent the mounting kit for them . Vintage parts division .

23. Jeff J

Jeff J

[​IMG]

Go ahead and use my credit !!!! LOL

catdad49 likes this.
  24. deto

deto

X2 man. Never heard of them. It's funny how the mind works. Maybe I never noticed the brand names cuz when I read them out loud I think "man I bet those parts suck"

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. Most of you morons that will sit here and bash a company on a message board havent got a clue, and probably don't have a car or don't know the first thing about what you are talking about.

If you knew that some of your heros bought large quanties of parts wholesale from the hoffman group you would hopefully shut up and go work on something instead of stiring shit. Oh wait thats right you don't have a car or know how to work on them anyway...

26. 59 brook

59 brook

guess i'm one of thelucky one's cause there customer service was fine when i needed help wiring my power window crank switches

27. Thanks

I have been in the hotrod building buisness for over 30 years and can't think of one company someone hasn't had some kind of complaint or a situation that wasn't up to there expectations.

That just the way it is in any buisness.

There are always people you can't please no matter how hard you try, and trust me nobody is perfect.

And yes American Shifter is made buy them and is a top notch product.

And the next time you wreck your new GM car or truck and look at the box that new part came in tell me what country itis made in because it won't be the USA!

28. There is a difference between the occasional guy who gets bad service posting negative things about a company and the endless string of negative situations that seem to occur with the Hoffman companies. If it was just on one forum I could understand bandwagon mentality etc but go to pretty much any automotive forum and you get the same reaction about the quality of their products and their service. It can't all be coincidence.

29. So are you telling me you are bashing a company because of what you have read on message boards and not from personal experiance.

Typical message board mentality.

I seldom post hear any more but this is personal.

30. No but when EVERY message board I go on has the same reaction (overwhelmingly so) to a product or company there has to be some truth to what is being said. Just like if all the reaction was good I would tend to trust that information.

Companies "earn" their reputations good or bad and the Hoffman group seems to have done a very poor job at earning a good reputation.

zzford and Bird man like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.