Register now to get rid of these ads!

wow!my flathead on frame...i like it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rodderbilly, Mar 31, 2012.

1. manu cruiser

manu cruiser

Cool project and sound great!!! Ciao from Roby

2. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

The sweet sound of FlatHead Power!! Oh Yea!!:D

3. tunram2quad

tunram2quad

Nice.I really dig the satin black

4. satin paints with some chrome pieces give a hot rod wild...:cool:

5. 3340

Thats Nice!

6. BANDITO

BANDITO

Great work Tony ....

7. thanks Bandito....stay tuned from the other pictures, i'm just waiting the 1935 wheels from the sandblaster...new fireston whitewall are ready to mount!this month i make the first drive....;)

8. rer_239

rer_239

looks good.

dick

9. searching old pictures in one of my cd storage i try some pictures that i make 7 years ago when i buy the car...it's nice to post them...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2012
  10. just 2 pictures of the wheels sandblasted and painted.....new firestone tires.....nice look!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. alchemy

alchemy

The outside mount of the shaft needs to have the ability to pivot up and down, not just round-round. When the engine rocks, the shaft will want to rock a bit as well. Your shaft will remain solid. I bet your outside mount will crack after not much use. You should look at a '40-'48 mount and copy that.

12. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Looking good stay after it. I am concerned about the in-line brake switch. I used them for a couple builds. Had one start leaking. When I was talking about it with my buddy (55willy) down at Larry Foss's. He told me about a car that he worked on after it burned to the ground from one of those. Something about electricity and brake fluid don't mix and they have been know to come apart. I changed to a old chevy truck type with the lever on it. JMHO Hate to see a labor of love go up in smoke

13. if you see the inside of shaft where meet the bell housing shaft...this part is able to move....i appreciate your suggestion tomorrow i go in garage and check for this...

14. thanks for your suggestion,,in this days i'm going to drive the car for the first time after the build and i check if work good.....no dubt that a lever type works with no problems...

15. alchemy

alchemy

Check out the round pivot ball (PN 7507) on the outside end of the shaft in this diagram.

http://www.vanpeltsales.com/FH_web/FH_images/FH_trans-pics/Flathead_Clutchassy_1940-48_85hp.jpg

It will allow the shaft to turn in a circle when you depress the clutch, but also rock the inner end of the shaft up and down as your engine rocks when you mash the "go pedal". You method won't allow the inner end of the shaft to go up or down. Good luck.

16. oh yes!I understand.....no dubt i missed this particular,the part 7507 say all....thanks

17. this is the part that i need..
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-1948-F...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a7ca43a5c&vxp=mtr

18. alchemy

alchemy

Yep. I usually pick them up in a the $1 box at swap meets over here, but I bet they are a little more scarce over there. Don't forget the bushing as well.

19. not finished yet but looks good with the new wheels....
    now i need first to modified the clutch shaft(thanks alchemy)......then is time to first drive....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Yeah Baby that's what we like to see. It don't get no better!

21. Tank

Tank

Looking good! I do like it!

22. i love it...7 years waiting to see my project at this point...money is money.....
    after first drive and a new deck lid,,i'm planning to reshape this roof...

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  23. yes,the final touch is a roof reshaped..

24. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

What are you thinking on the roof? Adding a third bow, creating more of a roll then a peak?
    Are you thinking about dropping your shell? Close up that gap between top of the tank and the shell. I notched my sides on my 30 and it made a difference. JMO

25. nick_c

nick_c
    from texas

26. i agree with you about the shell.....for the roof i try a picture of weesner,,that is something like i have in mind.....more roll on the rear section...

[​IMG]

27. a fun picture with the top chopped

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

28. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

The black looks awesome,the matt color i havent really seen before on a flatty

29. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

Yessir I like it.....get after it

30. nix

nix
    from Italy