Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mooneyes 2012 Pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GassersGarage, Dec 9, 2012.

1. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Mooneyes caters to whoever buys there parts,
    not just the hot rod crowd.
    I took my 29 RPU and in a way it was cool that there weren't 100s of the same cars.
    It's kinda neat to see that there's other gearhead interests.
    There are enough special traditional only shows like the reliability runs etc.
    I've never seen so many 53+- chevy's!
    TP

2. ottos

ottos

Had a lot of fun at show.. Met a lot of good people and was fun to debute my 55 Chevy gasser there. Cool to see my car in these pics ( black 55 red flake roof). ...

3. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

YES! Me too! Thanks for the pics GG. Lots of great stuff there. Glad you skipped the rust rods, you have good taste! :cool:

4. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

True!

5. rich18xx

rich18xx

Thanks for the pictures of my 37 Willys coupe and my buddy Aaron Bedrosian's 39 Willys coupe. We had a great time and even had a chance to run each other on the track. Thanks again..... Rich Behrens

6. cobra_4

cobra_4

Awesome!!! I'd love to be able to go to this one of these days!

7. Damn! Missed it again

8. rich18xx

rich18xx

Thans for the pictures of my 37 Willys coupe and my buddy Aaron Bedrosian' 39 Willys coupe. We had a great time at the show and even had a chance to run each other at the track. Mooneyes throw a great show and we will be there next year for sure. Once again thanks for the pictures........Rich Behrens

9. Dig. I would be surprised anyone at Mooneyes cares, but the restroom situation was a deal breaker. We have a friend in a wheelchair, his wife and other women and young kids. There were not enough sanitary facilities. If Mooneyes doesn't publicly say they will address that issue, I will not go back. It's a great show, with the racing, the vintage race cars, the damned good food vendors, I never miss it. But they shit the bed big time on this. Maybe this is OK for you young guys. It was for me, when I was young. But a lot of the cars you all like are owned by fellas my age. Need to do better on the sanitary facilities.

What can I say about Irwindale Raceway parking people. Well, I could probably teach the sailors here new swear words about that. Morons! Every year they are stupidly understaffed and unprepared for the size of this event. They could screw up a two car funeral procession.

Still, it's one of the premier events locally. I had fun. Thanks, are owed to Mooneyes for the good party.

10. Muttley

Muttley

Yep, sucks he got banned from the HAMB. :(

11. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

This is an intelligent comment. I feel the same way.
    And i wish around my area i had something like this, good cars of diffrent kinds, plus, im into 70s cars a whole lot :)

12. 30modelacoupe

30modelacoupe

Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

13. worn shoes

worn shoes

That's exactly the reason I have never gone back to this venue! They only had one handicap restroom with about a 20min wait.

14. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

He's banned? I guess that I missed that. Oh well, back to the show.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

15. deto

deto

Ok. This thread gives me hope for the show. There was another event coverage thread up on here and it seemed to be r@tRod mania at irwindale from the pictures that were taken.

16. GGames

GGames

Anyone have video of the mini drag spinning out. that was amazing how he missed both walls.

17. Does anybody have anymore pics or info on the black 1956 ford 2dr sedan that was in the first set of pics that were posted?

18. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

I noticed that car too. Seems awesome.

19. Yeah. I'm building a 56 and I'm watching all my "competition" lol

20. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

Great coverage of the show. Always a blast seeing what people bring every year.

retiredblue - Yeah I was a bit surprised by the number of Falcons this year. Got to talk to a lot of nice folks and wish I would've met you. There's always next year.

21. Sweeney

Sweeney

22. Muttley

Muttley

Yeah, quite a while ago. His last activity was 03-09-2012 12:46 PM

23. Great pix! I get to see more here than I did at the show, spent most of my time waiting in staging. :rolleyes:
    My wife shot this.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jai0YYEeYAA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

24. Shit!!! My heart dropped

25. 1954Bill

1954Bill
    from Long Beach

your right about the bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!!! but don't be a hater if i dont like the car or the van i just keep walking!!! all the cars vans vw and bikes were outstanding

26. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

is that an original ORD intake running dual winfields? any more pics of it?!

27. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Was he banned for putting wide whites on a corvette ?

28. 383man

383man
    from Md

We have a show like that here in Md put on by the Mob Town Greasers. Great show and I love how the girls dress. Ron

29. 21stud

21stud
    from California

Not an ORD . It's a Davies with Winfields. Heres another shot for you.

The Show was great . Thanks for all of the pics. Fog was crazy in the morning. I blew past the 605 exit from the 10E bound and ended up in some neighborhood at 0530 with what seemed like no way out.
    Twilight zone material for sure. All the exits seems closed off.

Attached Files:

30. Sidewinder777

Sidewinder777
    from Dayton,Nv

thanks for posting pictures, couldn't make it this year, but will try next year