Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Mooneyes show pictures

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by the-stig, Dec 8, 2012.

1. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

This!

2. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

That's Rocky ... the guy behind Eagle Field Drags ... good guy ... glad he got a pass as the track was pretty fooked from accidents and oil and such

3. soulsponjah

soulsponjah

I always pre-reg and drive over an hour to attend this show every year. I for one enjoyed the mix of cars,trucks,vans,bikes,etc.. If this show doesn't get moved to a larger venue my 2¢ would be: create some type of parking structure for the show vehicles and more porta potties!!!

I'll be back again next year with or without changes.

4. rocknrolldaddy

rocknrolldaddy

Dang it! I won't miss it next year.

5. i aggree i know im not from california but i thought the mooneyes show was more upscale guess i was wrong

6. I stopped going to this show years ago because of the reasons that people have already mentioned and I don't really dig 1/8 mile drags.It cracks me up that people are not digging the vans much.I for one would love seeing period style vans instead of Ratrods or Rat Kustoms.There sure looked to be plenty of Rat stuff there.At least most of those vans are very close to how the they looked when they were in there heyday.

Hombres said it right.......... Sure are plenty of badasses there.

7. I can say for a fact this car has a lot of engineering in it that a lot of cars wished they had. It is owned and built by one of the locals, and it passed the NSRA tech inspection on it's first trip out...It is by no means a RR in the regards of being thrown together with a bunch of junk parts, crappy welds and lots of unsafe things we all have seen in the past. It was designed to look like this. Anybody notice where the steering wheel is? thats right hand drive! I can say also a few parts on it came from my yard like the back wheels and early mustang shifter. As for the vans i have no problem with them at all, if i could find a good one for a starting point i would love to build another one...being a little older this time it would be way cooler than the ones from the past.

8. Thanks for the pics. If vans make a comeback, it's all Coby's fault!:D VanGo, set the bar very high indeed, when it comes to custom vans.

9. I would love to build a van.It would look like it just pulled out of the Regal Beagle.

10. daddio211

daddio211

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing Mooneyes lets lots of rats in because they buy a lot of parts too. So don't expect to see that change.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

holy shit some of those rides are just nuts! love it thanks for taking the time to upload em

12. big_jae

big_jae

conrad has his hands in everything lol

13. Muttley

Muttley

I doubt it, he's not nearly gay enough for that car.

14. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

I left solo from San Diego around 3:30am and there was thick fog pretty much the entire way. Met up with some Hambers and caravanned to the show, but the fog was so quick, many of us missed the exit and had to turn around. Ended up driving right in and found a great spot to park right next to some friends of mine from Bakersfield. As soon as noon hit, it seemed like the shitheads had their beer muscles in full effect.. I took that as my opportunity to say my goodbyes and get back on the freeway. All in all there were some nice cars there, but it was a circus.

The car performed without a hitch and I was back home by 3pm.

15. PFF

PFF
    from UK

Any Brit would know Yellow plate goes on the rear, front should be White

16. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

good news!i found something to complain about too! here goes. . . "whats up with that cement factory in the background? we don't want to see that, right?" ehh? ehh? i to am upset set about things! i'm fitting in! also there should have been more old vans in my opinion.

17. It is a sand and gravel mine, got laid off from that company in 07 bunch of pricks!!!:mad:

18. Good times for sure!

19. 1961SPECIAL

1961SPECIAL

This was my 1st Mooneyes show and i enjoyed myself...but of course i agree with some of the complaints posted above.

The general parking lot was a car show on its own. I arrived a little to late to pull my wagon in. The girl in the front said the show was full to capacity and even some pre registered card were turned away. This was like at 8 am. Once i walked in i was surprised at some of the vehicles allowed in. I know we all have projects and these things are never finished but..man some of the vehicles being "shown" were just to early in the process. The alcohol issue was crazy...By 11 am some folks were already shit faced and looking for trouble. I go looking for cars and never trouble so i manage to stay away from it....but i could see how it can be easily found.

Over all i thought it was a good show and i plan on heading back next year.

20. erock805

erock805

vans were there last year! And next year they will be even bigger... Love all the van haters in this thread...

Rather see an awesome 70s suvivor van than another heaped together Rat rod or decoratod 4 door...

21. erock805

erock805

As a both a custom owner and a van owner I appreciated them last year. I didnt go this year. Loved the vans last year...infact it inspired me to pick up my van. Would of loved to see more vans fer sure!

Dont take it the wrong way...these guys are narrow of scope by design they figure if they blast they wont get blasted....

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Quit y'all's bitching, if we had something even 1/100th as good as this in Florida I'd jizz my pants, I still hate rat rods though.

23. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

A good portion of the show looks like "Shitboxes On Parade".
    What a waste of iron and energy.

24. I for one, enjoyed them a bunch.

25. ryno

ryno

Not to get on the bitching bandwagon,but I do agree with the over crowd issue. I have no problem with the vans.

My remedy for the issue is to take a good look at what the chrome czars did with the hunnert car pile up. Make some guide lines and stick to it. I'd say almost 1/4 of the cars in the show not meet the requirements for a czar show.

I arrived at moon eyes around 10 and didn't have too much of an issue pulling in. I left around 130 and didn't see any fights or such. But I did notice the absolute abundance of car clubs! Seems like anyone with a group of friends starts a club now. It seemed like the ratio of cars to members way off. 1 car equals 15 members. There was the scenesters showing up at 130 in the p lot all decked out in club wear getting out of there civics.

26. Sweeney

Sweeney

And for the record, I was merely asking a question about the vans since I hadn't noticed them in the past. I meant no disrespect towards the van group, although I did live through them destroying Hot Rod Magazine in the 70's!

27. MTR-HD-Ordie

MTR-HD-Ordie

I personally enjoyed the event and all the different cars and find it interesting with the amount of whinning about cars that should not be allowed to attend. I did see a lot of vehicals I have no interest in and focused on what I like. The venders were cool along with the drags and music. I would like to see them get their shit together on the lack of porta potties and turning away preregistered cars is BS. It's still a cool event and I'll be back next year, but they do have issues that need to be addressed.......

28. Sweeney

Sweeney

29. Never cared much for the van craze the first time around but if they are allowed in the show, then I guess there's no sense going in and bitching about them, but that being said, they don't belong here on the HAMB unless they are 65 or older. This one's pretty cool as vans go.......

[​IMG]

This one, not so much........

[​IMG]

Like many shows today I guess you just have to turn on your "selectavision" and go check out the stuff that does appeal to you.

Thanks for taking the time to post. :)

30. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

First off thanks for the pics! What you wittnessed boys is not new this year. The last few years had the same issues- too many cage fighters, too much drinking too early, too many flat black 4 door 72 plymouth dusters with 5 club member hopping out, not enough port-a-shitters..
    The mooneyes guys are great and are not to be blammed for putting on a show that has blown up and out grew itself (not the 1st show to do this), this is the evolution and eventuality of all successfull shows. . if you like the show continue to support and have a blast. I choose to stay home...
    Thanks again for the pics-event coverage