Register now to get rid of these ads!

Saying goodbye to old friends...........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by safariknut, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. You beat me to it with the library suggestion but I would like to add also that some senior centers have computers to use (if you are old enough).

Charlie Stephens

2. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Can I have your shoes?

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Once you leave then I'll have free rain to post that photo of you in my full lenght fur coat......remember that night?? LOL :D

xoxoxox

4. Hopefully he will be back. Why not just buy a new one??

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Ray, I was not prepared for this. When I saw who was posting i figured it would be about some history of east coast rodding or pinstriping. Sure hope you'll reconsider and keep your place among the most respected contributers on here.

Frank

6. I'll be your friend if your not on the HAMB.

7. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Me too!

8. Gator

Gator

We'll miss you Ray, never would have met you but for the HAMB. Take care!

9. Lild

Lild

Dont give up easy. Theres a ton of people who can fix computers and cheap. Just look through a phone book. Theres gotta be some small repair shops near you.

10. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

The personal computer is unmatched for being the most successful consumer product with the most defects in the history of the world.

I can understand why someone would want to chunk it and not look back, but when you have used one for a while it's not that easy to drop it cold turkey.

I would wager that the HAMB has 100 computer experts for every member that really knows much about old hot rods. I would think that help could be found pretty easily around here. Hope you reconsider.

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I will miss you Ray. I hope you change your mind.

12. Gerg

Gerg

If you were in WI i would fix it for free. I hope you change your mind.

13. Ray, consider buying an iPad to keep in touch with your pals here.
    Thing works well for me.

14. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Maybe we should do a hamb auction to raise funds for the "keep Ray in HAMB land" fund raiser!!! Ray, if you do really go offline and stay away, you will be greatly missed. Thank you for all you have contributed not only on the HAMB, but to the striping community in general. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. CHEERS!

15. I agree with the library thing. We have a new library with 6 G-5 Macs and two rooms of PC's and Imac's. All the latest big time software.

16. hd4unm

hd4unm

I don't know Ray cause I'm new here, but that's the saddest good-bye I've ever read.
    What now 'blogicide, say it ain't so!

17. DWDarby

DWDarby

Don't do it, Ray, computers are cheap, and old ones are easy to fix. Heck, you can build one yourself, with only a philips screwdriver....

Photo is from Billetproof 2004 in Davisburg, MI....

[​IMG]

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

iPhone. Jalopy app. All ya need.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. Nitro Breath

Nitro Breath
    BANNED
    from Eugene, OR

Goodbye guys. My car needs a tune up and they're just too much of a pain to do all that work so I'm going to quit driving.

20. straightshooter

straightshooter

Happy Holidays!!! Sure we'll hear from you soon...

21. roddinron

roddinron

If your car broke would you quit driving? Buy a cheap refurb from Tiger direct or Newegg etc, quit using MS windows, download and install Linux Mint or have someone do it for you, it's free and easy to learn, and leave all the viruses and malware behind. There's no way you can give up the internet once you've had it, so just bite the bullet and get another cheap one.

22. fleet-master

fleet-master

can't be easy to leave the Hamb...well not without patches...and a support group...

23. Now there's some compassion!;)....I wonder if he's got a scanner?

24. If I can fix mine, you can fix yours. But have a great holiday!-MIKE:eek::D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. coupster

coupster
    from Oscoda Mi

As I was going through this thread I got a "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down" message, and it did. I also hate computers with a passion, Merry Christmas to ya Ray. Hope you change your mind but I completely understand if you don't.

26. little t

little t

dude you have to have hamb with you'r eggs step up to the plate and buy a new computer

27. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

There must be someone you know who could fix your computer. Schools usually have computer clubs ...they might be able to help. Also, companies sometimes give away their older stuff....not good enough for business but fine for home use.

No matter what you decide....have a very Merry Christmas.

John

28. Over the last year I have had some personal problems and health problems. I have fallen back on the HAMB to keep me going thru those bad days. I tworked wonders for me. I almost perfect again.........get you another comp. it makes life better. IMHO

29. jdubbya

jdubbya

I dunno Ray, you can keep up with us on the HAMB, or we will just have to come over your house, and bug you in person!!! Hopefully you will return here to spread the wealth of knowledge you have, in the mean time, I will look forward to seeing you at future events. Take care, -Joe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.