Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 1948-52 New Old Style Kustoms

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by J.B., Dec 12, 2010.

1. HAHAHA!!! Subtle Jeff!:D

2. Squids50

Squids50
    from cal

Here is my 50 fleetline hope to have it period correct also. As of now it has three on the tree with a 235 out if a 60 pickup truck, and the prior owner put a automatic rear end out of a 54.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  3. teejay99

teejay99

I've never been a big fan of 40's-50's Dodge/Plymouth styling but that chopped Plymouth is as nice as you'll see IMO .

4. Wow guys .....I didn't think what I said was bad,I thought it was just some honesty.After looking at the first picture of the Plymouth I posted....I see not one reason that car needs to sit any other way...EVER.
    So I thought I was just giving him some friendly advice to help him with the broken windshield he said he was trying to hide.

5. LOL Just riding you a bit Jeff. We know you mean it with good intentions!

6. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

To get back on track, heres a picture I found on google, I know the one car has radials, but other than that these fit in pretty well.

Also cool to see Weesner's shoebox in the background

[​IMG]

7. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

And I know its been posted, but I love this car!! Cool to see one of these done as an early custom.

Does anybody have more pictures of it? Where is it now?

[​IMG]

8. Let's not forget,one of the biggest factors in the look of Erics old Plymouth is the stance it had.That is a major part of this thread and if not correct has the ability to ruin a cars flow.So I completely stand behind what I said about that it does not need to be sitting any other way.No matter if its parked or driving.

9. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

"Time Bomb John" has a beautiful 35 Ford, normally it is layed out with the airbags, but I found these great pictures of it at ride height.

Fits in perfectly here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Squablow

Squablow

What kind of car is this pictured below? It's not a '46 Chevy. Can't figure it out, driving me nuts!

11. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Looks like a 39 or 40 ford to me.

B:)B

12. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

13. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I think that is Verne Hammonds car?

14. fleet-master

fleet-master

40 Ford...you can tell by the wipers mounted below windshield. 39's are up top

15. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

The picture disappeared, so I'll try again.

[​IMG]

16. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

I shoulda remembered that as I had a 39 DeLuxe coupe when I was in High School. A Long Long time ago

B:eek:B

17. weez

weez

This is Verne Hammond's '40 Ford DeLuxe with Standard fenders and hood, frenched headlights, with '47 Chevy grille and '39 DeSoto bumper. One of the best '40 Chops. He still has it-

18. fleet-master

fleet-master

^^^ 46 Chevy grille :D....one of the nicest designs Chevy have made IMO

19. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

You still have the other one in the club? I had pictures of both once, disappeared in my hard drive:confused:

20. oh my.

21. uploadfromtaptalk1354806461145.jpg

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

22. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Nice pic Jeff!!!!! Is that your merc and a chopped 39-40 merc in front.

23. Ya that's my car again :rolleyes: .Im just trying to keep the pics coming.A friend and I were just messing around.Like maybe a pic of early Quesnel and Matranga ( loosely based of coarse). Not a good quality pic since I have the print and this picture is a cell phone shot of that.I dont have a scanner.

The picture of the two 36's is just flatout gorgeous.Great shot with Keith's Ford in the background.

24. weez

weez

Well, there's only one '40 Ford- But there's also Jon Fisher's '36- Deron Wright's '41- and my '50 Ford- That's it for the early styled customs-

25. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I remember a magazine cover from long ago with three customs on it. It wasn't a single scene; the three were separate photos with the backgrounds deleted, stacked in a column. The three cars were the Hirohata Merc, Ernst Chevy, and Dan Weldon Chevy. The way I perceived that presentation was that this was the state of the art at the time; I'm guessing that the magazine was Motor Trend, and the year was probably 1953.

It didn't occur to me at the time that the style was shifting, and looking back at that period I think it was more an evolution of style rather than a radical shift. Each of the cars had more major bodywork than typical chopped customs of the day, so they did represent a kind of high point for the time. Of course cars became more elaborately modified and decorated as the decade wore on, but they were at the cutting edge for the moment.

Does anybody else remember that cover? If you have it, could you post it?

26. Rikster

Rikster

Sounds a bit like this cover....

[​IMG]

27. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Rik, that's exactly the one I meant. Obviously my memory substituted Ernst's Chevy for Thornburg's Stude, but it does that fairly frequently now. Thank you!

I thought then, and do now, that Thornburg's Stude was a pretty car. Obviously not as striking or as radical as Ernst's, but a nice and distinctive car that faded from view pretty quickly.

28. kristoph

kristoph

Breathtaking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!

Where can I see more of it????

29. kristoph

kristoph

Thank you very much. Just found some posts with pics of it.

Thanks again.