Register now to get rid of these ads!

San Antonio, Tx HAMB'rs Where are y'all??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A31ModelA, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Von Brandt

Von Brandt

Im here! Bulverde out 281!

2. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Thanks for the input so far guys. We will definitely make this happen soon. Mojo I remember reading about that show in 2008 (but I had already moved). I even think I know another guy who was also helping with that show besides you (had a 90's ford truck with wild sculpted door panels and was a pretty talented artist?). Anyways, that event seemed to be a little too rat rod friendly to me and I thought at the time that it wouldn't ever take off. (But then over the years I have thought the same thing about AOL, Google, Hyundai, and the Lone Star Roundup, haha)

This new event won't be a "car show" by any means, it really won't be much of a cruise night either. There will certainly be no "entry", no trophies, no 50/50, no poodle skirts, no windshield signs with your name/year/make/model, no cry baby dolls, no pissing dogs unless they are real, no open hoods, and no trays of fake drive inn crap hanging on the windows. Any music will be "background" music. I can't stand any of the aforementioned stuff and definitely hate having to scream over the DJ at any car event I attend.

I am also adamant about this event being pre-64-1/2. That means no 1965 and no 1964-1/2 cars. Any American vehicle 1964 and older will be welcomed. I also intend to list the invitation as intended for traditional hot rods, period correct mild customs, original restored vehicles and unrestored survivors; but no wild, overly ornate rat rods, no foreign cars, and no high tech street rods. Also any bikes would have to be truly 1964 and older too (no yahama xs-650 kinda bobbers, even though I like them). Basically if the cars wouldn't have existed in January of 1964, we don't want them there. I know it seems like a lot of effort for a non-car show non-cruise night event, but I think it's a necessary evil to make the event successful. It will make people want to bring out their truly traditional cars. I am even thinking about creating a scarlet letter to give people who bring cars that don't fit.

3. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Sounds good to me! Although my truck may be a lil on the ratty side its come along way from its r@t r0d roots in the past 5 years. It's more driveable and reliable than ever thanx all in part to Bexar Bones Garage.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

4. NIGHT-CRAWER

NIGHT-CRAWER

Ratrodz,streetrods,traditional rodz,it shouldn't matter,,,as long as they r pre 64...thats why shit dont run here in town,,somebody always lookin down on others......

5. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yes a few of us are going to DDLS Saturday morning the 17th. Also some are going to Pistons and Paint, November 10 in Denton if you are interested (actually leaving Nov 9th, returning Nov 11th).

7. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

Would love to make the trek for P&P, but my work schedule does not agree.
    I will caravan up to Austin with ya on the 17th!

8. 53rustbucket

53rustbucket

south side of lackland AFB. 1953 GMC - with rust.

9. jimbo420

jimbo420
    from texas

I10 and Roland. 29 Roadster. Looking for some doors.

10. choprodinc

choprodinc

SA born and bred, livin large in Bandera now!!!!

11. laydout36

laydout36
    from Texas

Ronnie, Vic.... again like ive said many o times before..... let do a friday night cruise... But like vic said this rat rod, hot rod, street rod looking down noses shit would have to be squashed at the door....... This town is friggin huge, can not believe that there isnt a descent every friday night cruise spot anymore..... I think it is time to do something about it

12. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

DIDDO

13. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Good luck to you. When I started to ask that same question, the answer was "well it was a good spot until the new camaros and cars with 26" wheels started to show up". If I can help, please let me know, but I think the success will be limited if you allow just any kind of vehicle to show up.

14. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Any San Antonio Hambers going to this?

Attached Files:

15. shadams

shadams

Yep, went last year and it was killer. Be there again this year. Wish my damn truck was going with me though.

16. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Maybe but the 54' will be staying at home, doing a 6v to 12 v conversion right now.

17. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Mojo I'm going, taking the A. Also the Octanes are playing at Taco Haven this Friday at 8 to 12. Chris is arranging some hot rod parking in front.

18. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Sounds good. Also this Friday is Social Distortion at backstage live. Hopefully there will be some cars there too

19. bexarbones

bexarbones
    from texas

@LowMOJO What time and day you heading to DDLS?
    Ill be at TH Friday and yes there will be hot rod parking

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

@bexarbones and @tudorjeff Let's shoot for 8am meet up at the usual Rudys BBQ Olympia Parkway Exit in Schertz,Tx. And for any other local San Antonio Hamber's! Join us let's do this!

21. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

CALLING OUT ALL SAN ANTONIO HAMB'RS , LURKERS AND NEIGHBORS!

22. LowMOJO

LowMOJO

Oops by the way this is for Saturday Cruise on Nov. 17th! Forgot to mention that.;)

23. 64LeSabre455

64LeSabre455
    from Adkins, Tx

I am gonna try and be there, need to get a couple things wrapped up on the Buick, but first I need to get off work!!!:mad:

24. rebelrat

rebelrat

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  25. shooter6

shooter6

1604 & Bowens crossing.

26. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Here is an opportunity for a local get-together... The Octanes will be playing in San Antonio on December 14th at Taco Haven located at 1032 South Presa. They usually reserve the lot across the street for hot rod parking, the food and drinks are awesome, and The Octanes put on a great show.

27. 54LedSled

54LedSled

Just throwing this out here as I'm sure some of us to include me are always looking to learn as much as we can about our cars. Has the idea been brought up about having a "shop night" some where. Where we can have basic/advanced car how-to topics covered. For instance, basic engine mechanics, electrical, conversions, body work, paint, air ride...etc. I think this would be really cool and help spread alot of good info I know we all have tucked away.

28. OfficerBimbo

OfficerBimbo

Damn, I think I am out of town that night. Sounds like a good time!!!

29. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

30. 54LedSled

54LedSled