Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Some progress on my Deuce roadster project!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by ratamahata, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Well I assume that has passed a lot of months, I wished go fast with the project to show the process, but for many reasons I don't have any lucky...

I sandblasted the cowl, doors and some parts, applied a phosphating paint. The panels doors were not sandblasted the idea is replace the entire panels in both doors...
    I received from Kiwi konnection the 1932 quarter panel drawing and I'll start to make a wooden structure to begin with assembly of the quarters...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
  2. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 24, 2012
    brEad likes this.
  3. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

where did you get those drawings? i would love to have a set just to have

4. greaser

greaser

Cool! I'm subscribed.

5. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

At least you have a nice FIREWALL :)

Look at the thread where the HAMBER in Italy is building the 32 3W.
    Inspiring.

I admire your dedication ( and HIS ) for saving these cars.

6. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Everybody starts somewhere...

siouxindian likes this.
  7. flatoz

flatoz

I started with a similar amount and built a roadster, good luck. Time $$ and desire will get you over the finish line in the end, but be prepared for one of the three to be lacking every now and then.

8. Yes is the best part, Henry really use a thicker gauge steel...

9. Thank you for your words, I will enjoy this project and of course I want to learn much more in the Hamb

10. mercjoe

mercjoe

De donde chindonga sacaste todo esos cachos de roadster 32' ? yo lo máximo que conseguí fue una cola de un A 31'. Y la tuve que vender porque no conseguía el resto.

Felicitaciones.

11. Un doble phaeton cortado es precisamente!! Te voy a pasar una dirección para que veas una chata roadster modelo 32 que ahora está en USA pero era de? fijate en el parabrisas la calco que tiene pegada y verás... te vas a sorprender...

http://www.hubgarage.com/mygarage/rexrogers/vehicles/70078

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7871261&postcount=106

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  12. A first attempt to the rear quarter panel in 1:2 scale made by my good friend Joaquin, using aluminum, still not finished and is being very well.
    I am very happy with the work, I think my rear quarter panel in 1:1 for my roadster project will be as expected.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. More progress!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  14. Only needs to review this part of the quarter!!

Attached Files:

15. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

16. mercjoe

mercjoe

"Bell ville, cordoba"
    "Municpalidad de leones"...., y como carancho llegó eso allá ?

Pero no entiendo la relacion entre la chatita de las fotos y de tu phaeton.

Cortando una doble phaeton se puede hacer una roadster ? y queda bien ? Igual, conseguir una doble phaeton 32' tambien es un bardo.

17. Si el phaeton tanto en el modelo A y el 32 son iguales, el torpedo y las puertas, no la chatita no tiene nada que ver principalmente el 32 roadster pick up es diferentes a todas las otras carrocerías, en el modelo 28-29 de ford A pick up abierta el torpedo y las puertas son iguales al phaeton y a la roadster, es decir todos los tipos de carrocerías abiertas, pero en el 32 la chatita abierta es diferente, el phaeton y la roadster comparten las puertas y el mismo torpedo.

18. rexrogers

rexrogers

Very Cool love the quarter panel. you can learn a lot by shaping a smaller version. and that looks like a good start to a wall hanger or a completed toy.

19. I leave some metalwork, rear quarter panel pictures in advance and more, Im really happy with they, need some hammer working in the mouldings, but compressible due to the decreasing of the bead in front to rear, indeed to pursuit the original look. We have to work with a open bead roller dies...
    Some photos of my split wishbones, 37-41 bones with fabricated bungs and nuts, F100 Twin I beam tie rods.
    My 32-36 straightened and drilled axle...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  20. Capochi

Capochi

Y.., como sigue el 32???

Saludos

21. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

22. It is "Muy", not Muey.. Muey sounds like Buey!!

Very low progress on the 32, little $ $ $ by the way, I'm going with suicide front end, such as rolling bones, I was working on it...

23. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
    brEad and 40ragtopdown like this.
  24. Soon I start with the chassis, I will make steel plates to boxing the rails, I bought a model T rear spring for de banjo, I have a dilema with de steering box, I like a schroeder steering but I cant afford for now. I was thinking in use a f100 manual steering putting under the steering wheel, but I need to study more, in a simple view goes, the long arm that the box have trough the side of cowl...

25. Hello everyone, my roadster project was interchanged by an 32 deuce closed cab pickup. I need some ideas for this new project... I want a fendered pickup!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

siouxindian and chryslerfan55 like this.
  26. You are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

siouxindian likes this.
  27. I'm with my banger powered Model A RPU... Winfield intake and carbs wanted... For sure a period correct build

FB_IMG_1452310080726.jpeg

Sent from my Mi A1 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app