Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 53 Business Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 53chevtrev, Nov 26, 2011.

1. xristosk22

xristosk22

subscribed.. great build, glad i found it. keep up the great work.

2. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks everyone! Glad you are all digging the 55 tail light swap. I love it more and more everyday. Gotta help my parents move this weekend and then hopefullly I can get back onto the car sometime next week.

3. fastcar1953

fastcar1953

4. eye mechanic

eye mechanic

stumbled across this this thread last night had to draw it, hope you enjoy...
    [​IMG]
    [email protected]

Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  5. RayMiller

RayMiller

Man that is too cool!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

6. schaefer

schaefer

Rad!

7. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Wow! That is so awesome man! Thanks so much for the drawing, you got some mad skills bro!

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

this is so cool...

9. 60 Belair

60 Belair

I love the rear treatment and taillights, Man this project has come a long way . Keep up the great work!
    Andy

10. kevintothej

kevintothej
    from Arizona

Sick tails and sick drawing.

11. Love the tail lights, have you decided what colors you're going to with on the paint? An idea perhaps? Or are you that far along yet in your thinking?

1shot

12. hotdamn

hotdamn

looks awesome bro! Im excited to see this tail pan come together!

13. lucky53

lucky53

Well...

With no NHL season looks like you'll have lot's of time to work on your car.

It looks great Bro.

Keep your foot on the gas! Even when you start to get cold!!!

Later

Lucky

14. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

I have got a few ideas as far as color, but nothing is set in concrete just yet. I want something suttle, and classy so I am leaning towards a darker color. At the moment I am looking at a black base with a royal blue kandy.

Should see some progress withing a week or two...

Sucks there is no NHL this year! I will keep pushing as hard as I can, its coming up to holiday season and will most likely slow down closer to xmas for a bit. As far as being cold, its already freezing up here, got a new shop heater which helps take the edge off when working in the garage.

15. eye mechanic

eye mechanic

finally got through your whole thread... you are very talented. all i can say
    ps you get this car from westside?

16. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks Andrew. Yes I did buy this car off Tyler.

17. spasecadet

spasecadet
    from PDX

Car is coming along awesome!

18. FrankyV8

FrankyV8
    from Holland

This build is awesome. My favourite by far. Keep up the great work.
    I can't get over the difference those tailights make, like it ment to be there!

Frank

19. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Like to thank everyone for the kind words about the 55 tail light swap. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out. I have been swamped at work and life the last two weeks and got some free time yesterday afternoon to start building my first splash pan piece. Like to thank my buddy trevor for helping me with the routering as I dont have one.

Here is the first form with the sheetmetal clamped and screwed together, ready to be hammered.

[​IMG]

Sorry for no midway shots. After I had hammered all the sheetmetal over the radius'd form, i took the piece out and did some minor hammer/dolly work to smooth out a few bits. The inside trunk radius had to be shrunk and in the end i had to make two relief cuts because there was too much material there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I only had to time to get it test fitted with some clico's. I think i will build the other side now first and clico everything on before i start cutting and welding into the body. Hopefully can get some more work done this week and into next weekend. Stay tuned.

[​IMG]

20. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

That turned out nice! I have a couple ideas with compunds like this, going to have to try that out.

On a side note, is all that sheet metal just tacked together? Your fitment on panels is amazing, wish I could get all mine to fit like that.

21. Nice. Very very nice...........

22. amazing work on those tail lights and rear pan... hey I know Frank also, I am at 232 and 40th, in Langley. you.?? I would like to see the car in person.. thanks, Lloyd

23. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Thanks dude, yes all my tail light sheetmetal is tacked together at the moment still. If you take your time and measure twice, cut once, anybody can fit sheetmetal with tight gaps. Also, the smaller the gaps, the easier to weld and less movement when welding. Take your time, be patient.

Thanks again!

I am located near brookswood in langley. If you would like to come see the car lloyd, shoot me an email and we can organise a time for you to come over and check out the car. [email protected]

24. thedreamer

thedreamer

I just read the whole thread. Killer work! Subscribed.

25. farmer12

farmer12

Great sheet metal fabrication skills. Looking good!

26. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Damn man, looking good....

27. fitzee

fitzee

was wondering what you were going to do to finsh off the bottom of the quarter. Very nice work.

28. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

So I only got out in the garage briefly this afternoon and got a few bits done. I got the form built for the passenger side quarter, trimmed back the drivers side one and got the bumper remounted. I left the pan piece held with clico's to check the fit with the bumper mounted.

[​IMG]

Gonna get my passenger form routered on wednesday and then hopefully get the piece formed up next weekend. I am gonna fit everything together before i weld anything into the trunk area.

[​IMG]

cretin likes this.
  29. chaddilac

chaddilac

Wow!! I dig that filler panel!! Very nice work!

30. RayMiller

RayMiller

Oh man that looks killer!!!