Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage Go-Karts

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by VonMoldy, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Rathman exterminator ? Had rack and pinion steering.

2. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Any of those around anywhere?

3. Only seen them on e bay, they ask sick money for restored ones. 8000 to 12000, but I dont think they sold. There was a rough one at the pate swapmeet last year,cant remember the price but I think it was between 1000 and 2000. It wasnt there the next day.

4. Rootie Kazoootie

Rootie Kazoootie
    from Colorado

Attached Files:

• kart.jpg
      kart.jpg
      File size:
      226.1 KB
      Views:
  5. 10yrs Old Again

10yrs Old Again
    from Colorado

6. broey

broey

is it the 60's rupp on craigs list? he wants a couple hundred more than its worth. I talked to him a few times but he is pretty stubborn.

7. guffey

guffey

It has had some modifcation but it looks like a Continental ?

continental kart seatle.jpg

guffeystuff 042 (2).jpg

guffeystuff 041 (2).jpg

8. guffey

guffey

I picked this up they other day It is a Kurtis Kraft kart from 1960 It has torsion bar suspension and friction shocks like a KK 1/4 midget

guffeystuff 019 (2).jpg

guffeystuff 023 (2).jpg

9. guffey

guffey

Here is one my buddy from Indianapolis has.

rathman moody.jpg

10. That's a very rare piece. Frank didn't like karts and made very few of them. Nice find!

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

A lot of those go karts you guys are trying to identify may not have even come from one of the major manufacturers. Lots of local guys were building their own versions, and because kart racing was so popular some of them were very well done and looked factory built .

My ex wifes family were into kart racing and had 3 or 4 at one time, all set up for different classes. Those were built by a local guy who made quite a few for people. A buddy of mine when I was growing up owned one from the same guy.

Here is a lousy picture from an old ad, for the Cad Cart. It was a pretty pricey one for it's time and had some pretty sophisticated features. But I don't think they were huge sellers because the rest of the manufacturers were selling theirs for considerably less.

Don

[​IMG]

12. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Following this thread sure brings back so many wonderful memories for me.

Makes me happy that I always kept all of old Karting magazines since 1960 and up.

I still look at them from time to time. They cost .25 cents back then.

I also have the I.K.F magazines from the mid to late 60's and the W.K.A magazines starting with the very first one.

Ton's of great memories and I one of these day's I am going to start creating some decals for all these great old karting manufactures.

I always loved racing karts and I met so many real nice people doing it.

Jimbo

13. guffey

guffey

Picked this one up today It is a Titan and it is all aluminum also.

titan b (2).jpg

titan e.JPG

banana cognac likes this.
  14. alaska2stroke

alaska2stroke

15. russthetinman

russthetinman
    from KC MO

Is that Mike Andersons cart? Just bought another Rathman-hoping to build one out of them as they are rough.I need brake pads and a gas tank if anybody knows of one.

16. D.R.Smith

D.R.Smith

something I just picked up.It is a1963 admusmentpark gas engine car.It could be called a gocart.It came from Storytown USA [Lake George NY ].What should I do with it ?

Attached Files:

17. Just picked up this Stinger a couple days ago. Already ordered a new seat pad.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. spinzzy

spinzzy
    from indy

I picked a cool little go kart today I think its a1961 Cutlass kart

Attached Files:

19. Captain Jack McClure's 4 engine kart before he built the the turbonique karts.
    [​IMG]

20. roadkillontheweb

roadkillontheweb

I forgot to share the picture and video from the outing with my 1966 Mustang junior last weekend. The neighbor kid got hungry while taking it for a spin!
    [​IMG]

http://youtu.be/lxe39me1J1s

Attached Files:

21. towithome

towithome
    from oregun

My ol' Moss Cart, built in '61. Dad got this second hand in '66 in torrance and we drug it up to oregon in '68. He built us a dirt track and detuned it with a 2 1/2hp briggs so we wouldn't kill ourselves. It originally was built w/ twin westbend 720s. Here's the cool factor.....after us kids had grown, he gave this to his buddy with younger kids. They hotrodded it with a 125cc vespa motor and manual trans (4spd??), it flat out kicked ass! Fast forward 25 years, I spotted it @ the portland swapmeet, I knew treasure hunting would pay off!
    Not sure what this motor is but it'll get tossed in favor of another set of WB720s.

Attached Files:

22. I just picked up a go kart yesterday. It looks just like the Caretta you posted (the center row, far left). What motors did they have in them usually?
    Mine is all there except the motor.

23. Hellfish

Hellfish

Sounds like a nice score, Brian! Post a pic! Are you going to bring it to the White Knuckle Scramble?

Once I figured out what my kart was, I did an image search and found an old ad that listed all the specs. Maybe you'll get lucky. Also try the forum at vintagekarts.com. They helped me figure out waht I had.
    McCullogh and West Bend motors were popular.

24. Thanks for the info. I'll be at the Knuckle Scramble with it if I don't get it impounded on the city street's first. :D
    Looks too new of a design to race at your function but I'll bring it anyways for amusement.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  25. Terry Buffum

Terry Buffum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Oregon

Most Caretta karts ran McCulloch engines as they were the hot ticket at the time.

26. Hellfish

Hellfish

Carettas aren't too new, but I cant see the pix you sent on my phone either! :)

27. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

[​IMG] can anyone id what kart parts some of these are. Hope this works.

28. blacufo

blacufo

I had one just like this. I always thought it was a one off cart. This is the first time Ive seen another one like it or any brochure of it. I would love to get my hands on one of these again.

Attached Files:

banana cognac likes this.
  29. Buck Sharp

Buck Sharp
    from nebraska

Here is another bad photo of my fox kart. Currently trying to rebuild my engine due to broken crankshaft that was repaired somewhat. the engine is a 610L [​IMG]

tub in da dirt likes this.