Register now to get rid of these ads!

37-41 kingpin in 35-6 axle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racur96, Nov 29, 2012.

1. racur96

racur96
    from tn

Will this work? I've read on here and there the same diameter but I'm not sure if they are the same length. I don't need the cup on top that the 35 has so that's not an issue. Thanks

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Absolutely. What kingpin you run kinda is determined by what spindle you run. If it's the standard '37-'48 stuff, just use the appropriate king pin kit. If your doing a hydraulic conversion on a '35 or '36 spindle, you can use the '37-'41 kingpin with the addition of a Torrington bearing and race. I'd have to look those numbers up for you if you need them.

3. racur96

racur96
    from tn

Yes it is the 35-6 spindle and ill be doing the hyd conversion on it. I've found the kingpin kit. Ill probably be doing the f100 or ford with buick drums, haven't decided for sure yet. Thanks

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I started to post some info but then saw where you need the cup on top and that threw me off. Not sure about those at all as I have never used them. I know the diameter is the same from 28-48, but that cup on top threw me as to what length you would need.

Don

5. 31Apickup

31Apickup

Dick Spadaro just poste dthe other day about this exact thing. He has king pins specifically for the 35-36 spindles without the cup.

6. racur96

racur96
    from tn

Hi don, I do not need the cup, I'm going spring over and aftermarket shocks. I found a set of 37-41 kingpins and was going to buy them if they would work.they are a older repro so I figured that'd be a little better quality and some of the newer ones.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The number of the Torrington bearing is NTA-1423, and you need two small shims/races numbered TRA-1423. You use the '37-'41 kingpin and the Torringtons go below the axle boss between that and the spindle. You trim about 3/8 off the bottoms of the king pin and your in business. My roadster pickup is done this way, and I have done several cars over the years with this method. The cool thing with the '35-'36 spindles is it actually drops the car an extra 5/8" or so over the later stuff.

8. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Duh, one of these days I will learn to read. :eek: I thought you said you needed the cups.

I'm going back to sleep now. :D

Don

9. bct

bct

is that two shims per side ? thanks

10. Yes, two per side. Not shims, they are hardened races for the needles to run on.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I see Rich B has already got it, but yes. One above the bearing and one below, as Rich said they are a race and not a shim.

12. bct

bct

Thanks guy . Ordered today . Cheapest parts i have ever purchased.