Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old Campers...Let's see what you got!

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by mctim64, Jun 4, 2009.

1. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I mucked out the "free" '47 Spartan today, and tossed all the crap onto the burn pile. It looks almost good in the pictures!

Attached Files:

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Did you get that from Dan Piper? Looks good, Spartans are the bomb!

Brian

3. Molonewolf

Molonewolf

Winter project 67 Frolic.

Attached Files:

4. txturbo

txturbo

Made by Tripper...not sure of the year.

[​IMG]

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

^Jeez, that looks like the War Wagon version of the tear drop. Are those windows or gun ports?

All fun aside, very interesting fabrication... Gary

6. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Yep!
    Had a good dealings with Dan and no issues pulling it back from to Missouri. I bought one that was really straight but had damaged corners and gutters that might have scared off the others. I see why people love these and having a blast working on. Enjoyed your blog too, thats been a good reference and inspiration.

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

This is my 73 revcon front wheel drive 455 olds

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Try agian

Attached Files:

9. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

Serious health issues are forcing me to sell my prized possession, my 1952 Studebaker 35,000 mile "Survivor" camper. Hope it finds a good home.
    [​IMG]
    Dan

10. txturbo

txturbo

yeah its kinda rugged looking. It was a factory built camper though but haven't found much info on the manufacturer. My guess was a build sometime in the late 40s early 50s. I started to rebuild it a couple years ago. At first I was just going to pull the skin off and replace the plywood. But after doing that I found out that all the wood needed replacing. Now the only thing I could reuse was the frame, windows, and door. The skin has so many nail and screw holes that instead of repairing them all I just bought new flat aluminum to reskin it for now.

11. Not mine,,but it was posted as being a Scotty restoration,,looks really nice. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hotdoggin DaddyO likes this.
  12. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

That is one good looking camper!

13. janbuick

janbuick

[​IMG]

14. glassguy

glassguy

i think the portholes are made with trim rings!! what a great idea!

15. blackrd

blackrd
    from Illinoize

Holy shit, that thing is still around? Used to be in alma michigan on wright avenue all through the 70's and 80's.

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I would like to see how thay did the steering in that thing. Its kool as shit.

17. crofoot

crofoot

okay this is my lilloafer 9' sleeps 5 800 pounds [​IMG]

18. blackrd

blackrd
    from Illinoize

I remember it sat alot, right on a side street on Wright ave. It looked pieced together and kinda shitty even way back then.
    I believe, but not sure, that the guy was pretty wealthy. my mom said he used to hitchhike to lansing to see his investment guy, was too cheap to drive. If that is the same guy. I think it is because my mom would always see him right near where it was parked, walking to m-46 to grb a ride from someone.

19. This I find very cool!

[​IMG]

20. RLK

RLK

Spartan Manor future project

Attached Files:

21. bigdav160

bigdav160

Ignore the fellow blocking the RV picture!

Anybody recognize this motorhome?

It was parked on a waterfront lot in Onalaska Texas. It's gone now.

The coolest part was the rear of this RV had a small patio. Very similar to the rear of a train caboose but slightly larger. I wish I had taken more pics.

Attached Files:

• rv.jpg
      rv.jpg
      File size:
      59.8 KB
      Views:
  22. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

That would be a Stream line Travel car, about 1964, there wasn't that many with a porch on the back. they were built in El Monte Ca for a few years untill they got bought out. Complete Ford running gear, the early ones were on 1 ton chassis the later ones on a ton, Y block 292's and a slush box, you'll notice an upside down 59 Ford grill on them and all Ford instrumentation, I posted a picture of one on here a while back.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  23. bigdav160

bigdav160

THANK YOU!

Another one of those nagging questions in my head answered.

[​IMG]

24. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

Most of my family is from Carlisle, just north on Onalaska on FM 356. When I was a kid there were tons of neat old RVs and trailers all along that area. I HATED those white trash palaces at that time especially since most of relatives lived in them. Then about 10 years ago I got the nostalgia bug for old trailers and that was the first place I looked. I bought a 1954 Vagabond trailer in the "Hawg Heaven" subdivision just north of Onalaska and several parts trailers over the years. There was a guy just south of Carlisle on FM356 in the early 1980's that lived in desirable 1950's AIRFLOAT trailer next to a beer joint. In the summer when it was hot, he would sit stark naked with the door wide open for all the world to see. He went crazy one day and shot his brother with a shotgun in that trailer, so I decided not to buy that one. That was one of the reasons I didn't like old trailers when I was younger.

25. carlisle1926

carlisle1926

[dang double post

26. Vimtage Iron

Vimtage Iron

We're kinda looking for a bigger Sparten Manor if some one runs across one, doesn't seem to be any out here on the left coast that we've run across.

27. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Spoted this on the way to deer camp and grabbed it.It is for sale cause I went in halfs with my son,but between you guys and me I might just buy him out

Attached Files:

28. roughneck424

roughneck424

The guy at Santa Margaritta Lake Marina had one for sale. I think he's using it for storage now. Just up the road from ya.

29. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my brother just got one for cheap or free, I forget which. it is gutted inside and he is going to use it for storage. he doesn't know it yet, but I will be moving into it when I retire.:)

30. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

found this at a thrift store for $1.00. I have another one made in the same style with a 60's Ford truck with a camper on it somewhere around here.

Attached Files: