Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Think on it this way, take that money and put it towards a part for your car that will actually make it start, stop and go. If I had all of the trinkets that I wanted, I'd have a pot full of them and no car parts. Stay focused and carry on.

2. Spooky Two

Spooky Two
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well,
    I am still reelin' on this one... Great that Lucky23 who kept the push alive did get his! And Saxman, I am sure you have your reasons for such a small run...but then again why small runs with knowing the backlash it creates?
    Would perhaps then, enabling us to prepaid/preorders to something yet unseen (or even yet cleared by the patents and the dictators). And to this we would apply our moneys and actully aquire a knob, each and every stake holder. The line ends with the last gambler.
    Well, maybe I am just pissed and can't formulate the right thoughts in legalspeak. I know I wanted one and earlier today found out this 'aint gonna happen'!
    Congrats to those that did!!
    And I never saw the Alliance message... not at all.

Saxman save us all!! what is the new plan? Or anybody bootlegging[H.A.W.B.] CNC copies let me know(haha)

H.A.W.B.nob (verb) fraternize, socialize, associate, mingle, mix, hang about

3. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

Yeh it would of been nice to get the knob, I'm an alliance member as well, but life goes on, I have my family, my cars, work and my health, life goes on, it's only a shift knob!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

4. Muttley

Muttley

The more they make the better the chances are that one ends up in some dorks Corolla.

5. Have a really rare one and MAKE YOUR OWN :)

6. striper

striper

See, good thing Thommo didn't get one. He would have just put it in his work ute.

I reckon we should all keep bitchin' about the way Ryan runs things around here. That way, next time he has an idea of something cool to do for his members he'll just say, " Nah, Fuck 'em. Whinging bunch of pricks. They'll just find a reason to complain so I won't bother" How's that sound?

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

8. Ijudt hope ryan doesnt come looking for my hamb tattoo!

9. Hey guys. I appreciate all the kind words about the design. Each knob is done with my own hands and not spit out of a machine in China. I take pride in that, as well as in the fact that I was able to be part of creating something for my fellow HAMBers.

I know that a lot of you wanted one and I feel bad that not everyone that wanted one was able to get one. At Ryan's request I created a new design, we agreed on it and Ryan ordered 30 of them. I shipped them and the boss took it from there.

I know that Ryan always does merchandise in limited amounts. I can't presume to speak for him or the reasons behind that, but I doubt that it has anything to do with wanting to create "rarity" for an item. I suspect that it probably has more to do with the fact that his focus is on trad hot rods and running this fine online community and not on selling a lot of merchandise. If that is the case, then I respect that.

You buncha unruly hoodlums!!:D

10. Gator

Gator

You guys are silly.

I've always had a lot of respect for the way Ryan handles 'marketing' HAMB merchandise.

What's really funny is some of the guys squawking the most have only been members here a year or two. (Well, that and the Lokar shifter)

11. Bunch of Bitchy little girls! :D HRP

12. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

There are new shirts in the store..........better hurry:)

13. I don't know why I care, but all you whiners should just buy one of Saxman's knobs he sells. I bought his Rocket 88 knob last year and it's killer! And the cool thing about it, it doesn't say HAMB on them! Haha

14. 5window

5window

I don't think this is quite true-there are some folks upset that they didn't get the knob, others upset that they didn't get a fair shot a getting a knob. 30 knobs for 200000 members is not much of a shot, regardless.

To increase everyone's chances, I'll just take myself out of the running for the next round. I'd love a knob, but,frankly, it just isn't worth the aggravation and bad feelings I get reading this thread. Maybe making my own is the right idea-though I''l need to learn design, metal working and a bunch of other skills.

So there's my Christmas gift to y'all. I just increased your chances by 0.0005%. Good luck!

15. I am curious as to why this thread is still up and running,,it's nothing but drama.:confused:

Moderators ,,please pull the plug! HRP

16. 5window

5window

because it's Christmas? :)

17. bstie

bstie

I agree with Comet ^^^ Saxman sells a entire line of cool shift knobs get one of those. (support HAMB vendors) There are tons of ways to show HAMB support alliance members get the cool hand punched metal tags Ryan hand makes every year put on their rides.

18. I dont know why some of you need knobs..... you are being knobs :D

19. -Brent-

-Brent-

I don't think I am being whiny... I've always wanted one. I like supporting the HAMB and, hell, even promoting it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with this thread either. It's actually good to see people are passionate and responsive about such things. When Ryan is back from dealing with the family loss I'm sure he'll have a fitting response to this thread.

20. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

It was a very limited run, which I happen to think is a very cool thing to do. And they were offered to the folks that help keep this place alive financially...the Alliance Members. Another cool thing to do. It would have been great to make hundreds and have them available to many more people, but I'm sure there are very good reasons for keeping the production number down. I'm sure Saxman has other things to do in life.

I let my Alliance membership expire, so shame on me. But I'll be re-upping soon.

And hopefully Ryan will close this thread down and once again remind us to refocus our energies.....back to building cool traditional stuff, gents.

While we're at it, we can make our own shift knobs! :)

21. I agree with limiting access to Alliance Members. I too let mine expire and so had no chance at the 30 knobs although I was interested. Not sure how many Alliance members there are or how the announcement was made to them or even what the price was but my guess is Ryan isn't making much if anything and having some HAMB items a truly limited edition is pretty cool. Imagine what they will be worth in 50 years.

Edit: Found the price and noted the description said no plans for any more at this time. Maybe when Ryan sees the overwhelming desire for these he might reconsider, particularly with the increase in Alliance Memberhsip such a decision might drive.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  22. The knob is/was very cool, I like the new design more than the first one.

23. I think if they make more will be a let down to the people who have brought them already

24. Buzznut

Buzznut

And NOW we have come full circle... it was inevitable.

25. -Brent-

-Brent-

Since you quoted me, I figure I should respond.

I've spent hundreds on the HAMB, so I feel I'm just as much as a supporter as anyone else. My membership lapsed this year and I let it be since I've been working on becoming debt free while remodeling a home and having a new kid. Before that I was a member since year one of the alliance and I've bought stuff from the store since there was a store.

I also support the HAMB by being a useful, positive content creating, HAMB/Jalopy Journal shirt-wearing, Jalopy Journal hat-wearing, sticker having, key chain and tag topper using member. I know lots of guys that bought swag but not memberships, as well.

Limited can be any number, really. If they produced 200 or 2000 only, that'd be limited, as well.

All that being said, I read it as more the surprise of the small quantity and limit of the ability to get one. I do believe there are a lot more than 30 Alliance Members, too.

26. Have you noticed that very few Alliance Members that have posted here are complaining about not getting one of the Knobs?

I always wanted one of the 5 (I think) SPREADING THE GOSPEL tag toppers that were auctioned off.

Steve Caballero did a painting of one,,now that's tag topper is rare! HRP

[​IMG]

27. Buzznut

Buzznut

Maybe because they were given a fair shot at buying one while the guys who discussed it for the last month were not... I could be way off though.

28. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Your post prompted me to write about the issue of supporting the HAMB. I didn't mean to quote you for anything negative. If it came across that way, I apologize. :eek:

29. The only reason I got one was I was right place right time I never got no p,m or nothing about it I clicked the link and got it all this stuff you guys saying that members got a heads up is rubbish it was a subject on the board

30. A fact that needs to be pointed out again!,,the original poster of this thread was able to get a knob and he is not a Alliance Member! HRP