Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Rik Hoving's FIRST Custom Car book

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rikster, Oct 30, 2012.

1. Rikster

Rikster

Picking up the books at Palle Johansons place was really great. Seeing all those printed Jack Stewart Ford books was amazing. And being able to finally actualy flip thru the book instead of seeing it on the computer and having some loose pages was just amazing. The books looks really great, I'm extremely pleased with the end result.

So now I'm back home and started to sign and pack the ordered copies.
    They will go in the mail on Monday.

The boxes with books as they were deliverd at Palle Johansen.

[​IMG]

Stack of books on the table while I was signing the books.

[​IMG]

More books, one ready to be signed, the others are all signed and ready to be packed in the special book cases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DKroadsters

DKroadsters

Yes i was there to meet Rik and pick up a book

What a night, just couldnt stop reading, it is such a good story and with over 500 fantastic photos this is a bargain

This is a quality book from start to end

Congratulation again, Rik

3. Sledge

Sledge
    from Nor Cal

Very cool, looks like a great day for you Tim! Im sure this is just the first of many great custom books by Rik!! Should I pre-order or will you have plenty at GNRS Rik?

4. lincoln68

lincoln68

Got my signed book in the mail today! Very nice looking and supercontent. What a research and hard work, the result is well worth it! Thanks:D

5. Rikster

Rikster

Kevan, we will bring plenty of books to the GNRS.
    But for you and everybody else who wants an option to buy one at the show.
    Send me an EMAIL with your name, and the day when you expect to be at the GNRS to get a copy of the book if you like it.

Then I will make a list and make sure there will be a copy of the book waiting for you.

[​IMG]

6. That sure is a nice thing to do, Rik!

7. Rikster

Rikster

Thanks, glad you like it.
    You are officially the first one to received an ordered book, or at least the one that reported it.

8. Shoeboxke

Shoeboxke

Got my signed book also,I never liked history at school,but this kind of history I like a lot!!Can't stop reading and drooling over the pics!!Nice work Rik!!!Thanks for the great book!!

9. Wellsville

Wellsville
    from Sweden

WOW !! What a book,,,I got it today,, Thanks Rik for the GREAT work,, and ALL others involved ,,(Palle) to make this happen,, I HIGHLY recomend this Kustom Kar Book !! :)

10. Got my signed copy today. Thanks!

Fantastic pics, tons of interesting stories, beautiful layout...very well done.

Or as my two-year old son said when he saw it: "Coooool!"

So do youself a favour and get this book!

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where is my book? I hadn't got mine yet.
    Sorry Rikster I wanted to be the first to say it. Lol!!!

Looking forward to seeing the book.

Happy Trails, Mick

12. Found my copy on the table when I came home from work late night. Spent half night with a few beers and the book. Amazing what a great job you have done Rik. Had the opportunity to see the car at Palles place a few months ago and now have all the history printed down is just great. Thanks Rik and Palle for sharing this with all of us.

13. Ordered mine last night and I cant wait to see it.This book looks unreal and packed with great pics and info.

14. Many years ago I got in contact with Rik Hoving. Back then I was into 1/25 model cars but I also had a 54 Ford custom project in full scale. From the very first I understood that Rik had as deep feelings for customs as I have, and I already knew that he was a very skilled model car builder with an eye for design better than most of the other builders. But I didn’t know that he was a great artist as well, Rik supported me with many good Photoshop proposals of design of the Ford. The first years we e-mailed back and forth many times, then after a few years we got to meet in person at A-Bombers Old School Weekend, here in Sweden. As I travel to the Netherlands in business now and then I always take some time off from work meet Rik. We have become real good friends trough the years. For about a year now Rik is also freelancing for the same magazine as I do work for, Gasoline Magazine, www.gasolinemagazine.se . And I’m always very happy when I get to translate his text into Swedish. For some time I’m been aware of the big project that Rik have been into: The book about the Jack Stewart Ford. Rik have a fantastic knowledge and enthusiasm, that combination gives results. When he used to do masters for 1/25 custom car parts, they had the very best quality. Now with the book that Rik has written I must say that this is big step in history of books about custom cars. It is quality in every little detail! A historical research of a custom and its history as well a look into what the car’s owners did with it and the other cars in their life. And the car itself is one of my favorite customs. Yes, the Jack Stewart Ford book is an important book, one of the best custom car books ever, and I hope that this just will be a starting point for many books to come. Hats off to Rik for this book!

15. Tim Morris

Tim Morris

Thanks Rik, the book arrived today.
    Toronto is next door isn't it?

I'm impressed. Thanks alot!

16. Dar73

Dar73

Just ordered mine. Can't wait!

17. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Per! No more wine before writing here!

The book gets standing ovations everywhere! Congrats, dear Rik! :)

18. ausbuick

ausbuick

Thanks Rik,
    I got mine today even with my name in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Cheers Darren

19. lost39

lost39
    from Austria

Just ordered min.
    Thanks Rik for this book to keep up the customcarscene.

lost39

20. Finally ordered,can't wait!

21. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

It's here arrived from overseas today!!!!:D I wanted to get this for Rob for Christmas, so when Rik posted it would be available soon, I was concerened that the pre orders would run out before Christmas.So I kept checking for it from that day forward (I did a little digging and found the link before he published it, haha) so one night I couldn't sleep and thought I would ck it again and it was LIVE. I quickly did the buy it now, and much to my surprise got a msg from Rik, that I had purchased the FIRST book!!!

I was very excited, well it arrived today, and Rik, being the awesome guy that he is, put this special note inside.

it says "to Rob the first copy of the book ordered for you, by your wonderful wife Debb" signed Rik

kinda hard to wait for Christmas to give it to him!!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH RIK!!!!
    [​IMG]

22. deuce 1932

deuce 1932
    from Motown WV

Received my signed book today. This is a cannot quit looking and reading. Rik this is a class act book.

23. Count one more delivered to Chicago
    Thanks Rik

24. Michelley

Michelley

Rik~
    Received the book yesterday,
    reading through it between home chores.
    You are setting higher standards for publications,
    with your research & graphic expertise!
    Ppg. 124-125, the Golden Sahara parked with bikini girl,
    unaccredited photo?
    Looks like the Las Vegas Convention Center,
    went there so many times as kids
    when it still was old style Vegas!
    ~Michelley

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  25. Mine is here! Sorta, got the pink cad in the too small mailbox that said it was at the Post Office. Only downside to living out in the country. Damn USPS wonders why they are broke and the rural PO is only open the hours the rest of us have to work! Be ok if all I had to do during the day is pickup a welfare check.................

26. Rikster

Rikster

Michelley,

Your are right, that color photo of the Golden Sahara was taken in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
    Jim mentioned stayed in Nevada for some time when he showed the car there.
    The girl posing in the car was a girl friend of Jim at that time.

27. rbantique

rbantique
    from maine

Got the OK from Santa and ordered mine today.

28. And did I mention that shipping box was great. No damage, well protected and it came apart really easy when I pulled the string.

29. True Dat!.......This whole deal was well executed, and I can't wait for the next one.

and the 5th one! ;)
    Excellent job, Rik!