Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB Shift Knob

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky23, Jul 26, 2012.

1. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

I missed out too. I subscribed to lucky23's Hamb Shift Knob thread, pm'd Saxman, and watched the board every chance I had. Sunday night was a delayed Thanksgiving dinner with my 92 year old mother at the nursing home, and when we got home I just didn't check. At least I scored a tag topper. Stiff upper lip and all that.

2. I have one of the first ones Saxman made. I keep it locked in a safe. Soon as I get my Lokar adapter I will put it on my Roadster!!!

3. 5window

5window

Yeah, but that thread was ONLY visible to Alliance members. I have no beef with them going to Alliance members, only that that wasn't made clear way up front. Plus posting that thread at 11Pm on a Sunday night means folks on EST working Monday and who went to bed didn't have quite the same odds as those finishing dinner on the left coast. Ah whatever.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  4. Let it go guys,,it's over,,we missed out!
    :rolleyes: HRP

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  5. 5window

5window

Having a 200mph SCTA timing tag is special (you worked for it). Having a HAMB limited edition shift knob is lucky (right place at the right time). And nice.

6. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

The West side's the best side. LOL I didn't get in on it either and I'm on the left side.

7. Alliance members always get first crack at limited edition stuff.

8. robleticia

robleticia

Are you kidding me right now????Damn it! Crongrats to the lucky few!

9. I dunno man, it looks like 40 or so people have the 200mph badge. There are only 30 shift knobs. You do the math...:)

10. daddio211

daddio211

LMAO!

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

11. Window Licker

Window Licker

HAMB knob on a lokar shifter:eek:

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

12. Thank you HRP!

13. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Okay okay, I'm over it. Probably wouldn't have spent $77 on the damn thing anyway.

14. 5window

5window

I actually counted about 750 members over 200 on the Bonneville site, but I get your point. And although I'd have loved a shift knob, I'd have to confess to wanting the 200 more.

Congratulations to the few, the proud, who got their shift knobs. :)

15. sophisto79

sophisto79

Hey Mark, I was one of the lucky few...and I almost didn't click. :eek:

Thanks Ryan and Saxman, I can't wait to see it in person. Love the design!

16. I was afraid that only a small handful would be made , and that alot of us would miss out... count me as one that missed the boat on this one ! Hey how about a second run ? LOL

17. In the right place at the right time. Cant wait to get mine.

18. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Sophisto,
    Are you serious. Lucky!,,, I'm one of the whiney little bitches. I followed the thread religiously,bumped it a couple of times, commented and still missed. Not right. Should be a lottery deal with an auction on some of them to raise funds where needed. Still pissed...
    Don't you think yours would look great in the 33. We'll share, ya??

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

19. Buzznut

Buzznut

Oh yeah, let's all get lathered up about making yet another shift knob. I'm in, sign me up..can't wait...I'm REALLY looking forward to this. Let's do it, gee...this will be the highlight of my month. I'll come back and check this thread every time I'm alerted that it's been posted to. This will be great...

Ahuh...right.

IMO, probably could have sold 200 of them at $77. 200 total out of 17,000 members is still pretty limited. Let's do some more math; if you just sold 500 of them (VERY doable), maybe even numbered them, at $50 ea, the $25,000 would make that $2,300 that was sold look like chicken feed, oh, AND a lot more members would feel included and proud to display their HAMB shift knobs in their rides... just my pointless .02¢

Don't get me wrong, I get the elitism of the whole thing...the inner circle getting the 411 and being the only ones allowed to buy them. I was an Alliance Member a couple years ago, I get that there's an upside to it all. I guess the "us vs them" part of it just rubs me the wrong way, but hey, maybe that's just me. No biggie...

20. Buzz, its a shift knob, you will survive, trust me :)

Its Ryans site, Ryans show. I personally think you are undershooting that 200 figure, but the point of these being "elite" is that there was a very limited run of them.

21. Buzznut

Buzznut

Dude, I'm surviving, trust me. I just think there are going to be a lot fewer guys enthusiastic the next time around when some cool swag is offered. Catering to your audience, especially a captive one of buyers who had money IN THEIR HANDS begging to spend it should be priority. Hot buyers equal dollars spent...you don't typically piss those people off...their ripe for the picking. It's not my site, so it can be done any way anyone in control wants it to be done, but this was a sore mistake. How many wanted to buy a knob before they were even made? Did anyone even count? That's money in the bank...period.

I don't want one now, just because.... Not even mad really, just a little dumbfounded.

22. I'm thinking it wasnt a money thing since they only did 30. Ryan isn't an idiot, I'm sure he knows he could keep these stocked in the HAMB store and sell them.

I don't know why there was only 30, past making them rare and collectable, but I bet he has his reasons.

23. Buzznut

Buzznut

I counted 88 requests and that is if everyone only bought ONE. If the guys that wanted to buy more than one were allowed, about 130 were PRE-SOLD before they were even made.... just in case anyone was curious. This doesn't count all the guys that never saw this thread...probably another couple hundred sold at least.

I'm guessing there is a reason too...I know that I'd need a good one to pass up $10,000 to $15,000.

24. -Brent-

-Brent-

I really wanted one, too. I even put away some $ for when they came out. I was bummed to see that only 30 were made and, like Buzznut, I was dumbfounded. I've been so busy that even if I hadn't let my membership lapse I still would have missed out.

Oh well, it is what it is and it's not what it's not.

25. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

200,000 members. Stop it.

26. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

I'm sure there will be more HAMB shift knobs in the future, and don't worry they all will be sold ;)

I like the fact that you get different designs and they are limited, makes it rare and collectible.

The problem is that most people think, if you post here "I want one" its like an order...it is not, it is just like a survey if there is a demand....and if ryan decides it is the right time, they will pop up in the store

27. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

At the risk of being repetitive, let's call these hand made awesome knobs ,limited edition art work and sell them by Auction in a sticky.
    We can raise a lot of money for the site and everybody gets a chance at one. Set aside some number to sell by raffle.
    Anything else like this in the future should be done this way.

28. RawDeal

RawDeal
    from Austria

why should only the "rich" HAMBERs get one? I read before the way it was done is not fair.
    well I think it is not fair, that only people who can place high bids should get it.

first come first serve, I think that is fair!
    ok this run was only for alliance member, but next time who knows

29. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

ImageUploadedByTJJ1354086441.025924.jpg
    Oh well

30. I never got a heads up either. :confused: