Register now to get rid of these ads!

KROME 'n KANDY, brand new 2013 midwest show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ALLISON, Aug 21, 2012.

1. ALLISON

ALLISON

I want to start a new thread to announce a new show next year, Krome n Kandy... The show will be July 19-21, 2013 in the Minneapolis MN area... I will soon have the web site up and much more information to disclose, but what I can say now is that its going to be different than any other show I have been too (and I've been to a lot of them:)....
    Many of you may know that I have been connected with many of the "traditional" type shows for a decade. (I think there are only a few I haven't done at least something for).. I have also been connected to Goodguys and many of the magaznes over the years and what I (and my beautiful lady Stacie) are trying to do is marry the best of tradition with what I like from today. Im a kustom guy at heart, so I'm billing it as a Kustom and Rod show, which is where I want it to be different... now dont get me wrong I love traditional hot rods, a '29 roadster on 32 rails, 40 wheels and a flatty... thats awesome!.. This show is for cars like that. I love a smooth candy merc with the perfect chop, white walls and caddy caps too, but... what about that same car with eighteens??? what about all those new Kustoms that are absolutly beautiful, but not accepted because they dont have the right wheels... this show is for them too...
    I've wanted to do my own show for years now and as I walked by a car that had garden sprayers mounted on the cowl recently, I knew what that show had to be about.. good taste and style...
    So, Krome n Kandy is a Kustom and Hot rod show for all makes and models up too and including 1967.. and, if you have something newer than that you think fits the bill, we want to see it and if its cool, we want it there too... Krome n Kandy is a 3 day event with only one day of actual show (saturday, 7-20).. meaning we will not be holding you hostage for awards if you need to be somewhere.. we will be having bands and events for all ages. real awards, and give aways... We will also be having guest judges and feature cars like the 2011 AMBR contender, the Take-OUT-T... another, yet to be revealed 2013 AMBR contender and several other high profile Rods n Kustoms from across the country...and those are just a few of the neat things we have already planned..
    As we are still early in the planning I thought taking suggestions on what fellow HAMBers would be interested in might be a good idea.. have a suggestion for our show, here's where to let me know:)

the site will be up soon, the dates and location are set and things are already underway.. if you would like to be involved I am looking for local clubs interested in being a part of something new, information on cars that could be exhibited and sponsors that would like a marketing oppurtunity.

KROMENKANDY.com coming soon!

Thanks, and we hope to see you there next year!!
    Jeff Allison / Allison design

[​IMG]

2. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

I'm excited to hear of more shows in the minneapolis area!

3. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Sweet! I needed a good reason to head to Minneapolis and now I do! Good luck with this endeavor!

4. Beau

Beau

Ought to be interesting. Might be tough in our area, but I'm excited to see what happens. Let us know if we can help

5. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

What is it with you Midwestern guys holding an event dead in the middle of the heat of summer...??? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: The humidity kills us kustom guys that are used to single digit humidity...:eek:and July is usually saved for KKOA's Salina event...gotta take that into consideration...besides, it costs a lot for fuel and motels these days. :eek::cool:

R-

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  6. ALLISON

ALLISON

The KKOA event is the following weekend, and that is one huge reason we decided on that date.. plus a little humidity is better than a little rain :).... Start your vacation out with us then trek down to KKOA.... And I can garuntee the king of kustoms won't be a new camaro at Krome n Kandy...

7. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

LOL...love it...!!!

A "little" humidity...???

R-

8. FFFFrank

FFFFrank

9. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Roger, I can assure you that the humidity in the Twin Cities is not near as overwhelming as the heat AND humidity in Salina!

and keep in mind, there are some GREAT cars in the Twin Cities, thanks in part to Back to the 50's.

I am going to keep the date open and look forward to learning more about this show.

10. Sounds like a real cool event Jeff, hope it works out well for you.
    Lookin forward to some bitchin K and K artwork (Flyer, T-shirt design etc.)!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  11. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Cool, looking forward to more info.

12. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Thanx Bob, I'm well aware of the great cars up there in Min-a-soda...I've been at/to BTT50's several times...and almost made it this summer...but finances got in the way (I know, I know, crappy excuse...but it's the only one I've got.)

However, it's been a while since I've been anywhere, other than ColoRODo, that had less humidity than Salina...

R-

13. Find somebody to do shirts yet? I kid I kid. Hope to make it but 2013 is looking like an expensive year already

14. Baggs

Baggs

Sounds like something that could turn into something big!! Looking forward to hearing more about it!!

Baggs

15. PasoJohn

PasoJohn
    from Edina,Mn.

I'll be there in one of my kustoms,and after being in salina this year we have no complaints about the humidity up here.

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

On my schedule, can't wait!

17. Any news on this chief?

18. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

on the callender

19. ALLISON

ALLISON

thought I better update this info!!! the web site is up and has lots of info on it.. more info to come in early Janruary... gettin lots of great feedback on this so far so .... hope to see you there!.. need more info? contact me off the website, or my direct email is [email protected]

[​IMG]

20. lavender lady

lavender lady

Sounds like fun. Will keep the dates open.

21. coppertone

coppertone

I'm in. Maybe I can survive another winter, after all.

22. nathan

nathan
    from minnesota

Cool So invite only? Or turn away the guy with garden sprayers at the gate?

23. ALLISON

ALLISON

no invitation needed:)... its open to pre 70 traditional and traditionally inspired rods and kustoms.. the web site gives a good idea what to expect... we wont turn the garden sprayer guys away or muscle cars or anyone else, but we will be parking them somewhere way in the back with any other cars that dont quite belong... I dont expect very many like that would actually show up though.

24. allstarderrick

allstarderrick

Great format and website. Good luck with it. I like seeing fresh ideas.

25. ALLISON

ALLISON

Thanks man.... hope to see you there:)

26. scoop

scoop

Watch out for this guy,he hangs out with rifraf(rat rodders)!Can't judge a book by it's cover.

27. ALLISON

ALLISON

haha.... Im sure he is good people:)

28. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

29. Baggs

Baggs

Im hoping we can get some of our Scavengers to this show! Sounds like a great time at a great venue, lots of fun to be had there!