Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Sorry, but I'm calling bullshit until I see some proof.... We've gone through this "I know where it is but cant post any current pictures " crap enough already. SHOW ME SOME CURRENT PICTURES, OR ITS JUST MORE BS !!

2. titus

titus

Yep, until i see pics of it present day i dont believe any of it either!

3. It was 1965. There's another pic taken there of me and my brother cleaning the "T" in the Timeline in the FB site.

Yes, I would VERY MUCH like to have any photos of the "T", ANYWHERE, especially hi-res pics! As I mentioned, almost all of my photos, memorabilia, etc. has "disappeared" over the years, starting when a lot of stuff was stolen out of my mom's garage when I went on active duty to Coast Guard Reserve boot camp for 6 months.

Behind the "T" on the left is Lee Wells bubble top, gold Lincoln with white tuck 'n' roll. He's the one who did the upholstery on the "T". We requested being next each other in the show. Al was happy to accommodate us :)

The "T" won Sweepstakes Street Rod! :)

4. EEZI

EEZI

True, there has been a lot of BS and imposters and stories over the years, but I believe the real man has finally shown himself! A website, a FB page, and replies to two message boards seems like too much for it to be someone pulling our legs.
    This is about as good as a barn find.
    Thank you for breaking the silence.
    But, I do not see any stories or details on the FB page, Mr Scott.
    Do you have to "friend" someone before that is shown? Sure would love to see some present-condition pics, and pics of a restoration that I hope comes soon.

5. Hi EEZI,

You're welcome. Thanks for your interest. Yes, ALL the security settings are set to "Friends Only". Someone has to be a Friend to see anything.

My posted policy about "Friends" and "Friend Requests" on my FB site:

In case any of you are wondering, this is a site for fans of "The Uncertain-T" and hot rodding in general... ONLY. It's NOT a place for Facebookaholics to add bogus "Friends" to their own FB account.

To that end, I review the FB site for EVERY Friend Request that I receive. Their site must show that they're "into" hot rodding in one way or another... and in a positive way.

This way, I hope to keep this site an enjoyable place to visit for hot rodders all over the world.

The only exceptions are my personal friends, especially from back in the day.

- I added: MORE about Friend Requests: Several of you have suggested that I send Friend Requests to "this" list or "that" list. Thanks, but I don't think it's proper for me to send Friend Requests to people I don't know, even though they're into hot rods or hot rod model building, and might enjoy receiving a Friend Request. I think it's pushy and inappropriate when people do that... like the telemarketer phone calls we all dislike... and those who do are just trying to increase their "Friend count".

I respect everyone's right to their privacy. If someone would like to be a part of this FB site for the "T" and me, definitely please send a Friend Request, and I will review everyone thoroughly. Yes... I've declined a few Requests, mostly from people who obviously have no interest in hot rods or hot rod model kits, or are involved in unacceptable activities... and a few "lovely ladies" who are more likely scammers trying to get into your pants... but most likely your money pocket :)

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  6. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Gee, you mean Bambi," who lives 2.8 miles away from you" isn't a hot rodder ? Man, I'm bummed out. :D

One thing I have always wondered about your T, Steve, is the drivability. With the trans coupled to the rear like that was any suspension movement possible ? I realize yours and a lot of other showcars of that time were made to display and that was it (no pistons in motors, etc), and yet I have seen pictures of your car on the beach and at other places, so it must have moved around somewhat. So, how much could it be actually driven ?

Don

7. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Steve, welcome to the HAMB. Like several others on here, I do not have, and never will have, a Facebook account. Love to have any details you are willing to provide here.

8. OneBad56

OneBad56

I echo the same comments, and I have privacy issues with FB and other social media sites that "think" they own my info.

9. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I am another one who does not use Facebook, so any info Mr. Scott can post here on the Uncertain T would be great. Maybe he could start his own thread....

10. abone1930

abone1930

11. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Steve, you have to understand why some on here are doubting the authenticity of you being the real deal. So much has been posted over the years about you and your car that it has drawn out some people who like to play tricks on others...........we have had some imposters. Personally, I am pretty confident that is not the case this time, I like to think I am a pretty good judge of people and think you are being legit wilth us.

Your car is just one of those that drew us into it's history, maybe because so many of us grew up seeing it and building models of it. Then "poof" it was gone and never seen again. In a lot of ways it mirrors Norm's T story as that one is squirrelled away somewhere too.

As you are seeing, not all of us old farts are Facebook participants, and never will be, so it would be VERY nice of you to do a thread on here just so we can learn about the car too.........or simply add your information to this thread, if you would. You can tell we are all hungry for more of the history and pictures of it. I know I am. :D

Don

12. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

Nice to here from you Scott , do you know a guy called Elvis

13. hemikev

hemikev

Im some what new here , ive been following this thread , wow , this is better then honey bo bo .. you guys know b s when u c it ,ill just keep reading and learning ,

14. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Me too! I call BS on this one.

15. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sent a friend request on Facebook. If nothing else, I can't get enough of that car.

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm not too sure I would jump right up and call B.S.

I too went to Facebook using my wifes account and was also disappointed.

There really is a whole lot of nothing there. No real info. I spent some time there actually totally confused.

I kept looking for a link to the real meat and potatos , the story, the history and pictures of the car in it's present state etc. etc.

All there is there is crap. Quite literally. All fluff and no content.

I'm still willing to give him a chance, it can't be that difficult to get down to it rather than the nonsense that is presently there.

17. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

He might have to friend you to see his content. I will give him a few days.

18. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes, just visited again and there is a bunch more to see after that.

Still not a lot of detail though. A lot of chatter and old pictures, nothing current on the cars present condition etc.

He does say it is owned by a close friend in Northern California, then also mentions his brother runs a winery in Northern California.

Seeing the car in it's present state would be great and knowing if it will be brought back to life would be nice.

19. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

Hell; I'd settle for a current picture of him. All I see are old photo's ANYONE can get off the net. If I owned a famous car I would provide something to validate my story...Just sayin.

20. I think this is really unfair. Steve is an older guy now and a bunch of young HAMB guys taking cheap shots. When you sell a car, you lose all rights to pictures, questioning, or anything else. What so hard to understand about that? Keep beating the guy up and he'll never come back and I don't blame him. He's doing the best he can with what he has. Read back over the threads. He hasn't had the car for decades. What do you expect? He's just supposed to call the guy and say, "Give me the rights to my old car", after decades? The photos that he's posted on Facebook is all that he has left of the memories.

21. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Some of us are also older guys and we know what you are saying. He has said that the car is now owned by a very close friend so finding out it's present state and plans for it should not be that difficult.

It is unfortunate to hear that he has been struggling to make his way however.

22. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

I believe this is a clone that sold recently.It was advertized here on the HAMB.

Attached Files:

23. hiboy32

hiboy32
    from Omaha, NE

Hey guys, if you look a little deeper into the facebook site, there is much more info. Steve is adding info at his comfort level into the timeline. If have friended him, check out the time line. You have to click on the because he adds little bit at time.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

24. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

Maybe a old thread,,, But what a Cool car.. and my all time favorite Monogram Kit..

The blue ones not even close..

25. Guys -

Mr. Scott (yes, I do believe he is Steve Scott of "Uncertain T" fame) has to accept you as a Facebook friend in order for you to see all of the content in the "Uncertain T" showrod / model kit Timeline.

There's quite a lot of pics & info hidden from his non-Facebook friends.

While its true that he hasn't posted any pics of the car as it exists today, I'm willing to give this "older gentleman" the benefit of the doubt ... and allow him some time to obtain some photos from the "Northern California gentleman with a 70-acre vineyard" that is supposedly restoring the car.

Considering how poorly he was welcomed by the majority of the HAMB community, I don't blame him for not posting much (if anything) here.

He has stated that he doesn't like using Facebook (that it's just temporary) ... rather than "call BS", it might be better if we encouraged him to work on his real "Uncertain T" website:

wpfce02b45_05_06.jpg
    click pic to view the website

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  26. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I didn't mean it was BS, I just didn't see much.

27. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Here's what I'd LOVE to see;

Steve Scott contact Pat Ganahl (he's on the HAMB Steve) and (since Steve knows the current owner/car location) arrange for Pat to photograph the car for his next Lost Hot Rods book. Pat mentions the car in his previous writings.

Pat is a very well respected photographer and writer. A few current photos and an editorial on the plans (if any) for the car. This would put all the silly rumours and nay-sayers to rest while assuring everyone that the car is still safe and sound.

Possibly the current owner is simply too busy to do the car justice at this time and wants to wait until the time is right to restore it. That was the situation with Jim McNeil and the Hirohata Merc. The car sat in his garage for decades until the time was right. He was low key as he didn't want to be heckled by enthusiasts eager to see, fondle, photograph the car.

That would probably fit the situation with the Uncertain T. Maybe Pat would have to keep the location and owner's name a secret in exchange for the photo op and story?.....

28. Your correct, it went to nothern Alberta

29. @BIG-JIM - He has a couple present day pics of himself on his facebook page ... but you have to be his facebook friend to view them ... It's quite obvious that the "2012 Steve Scott" is an same person as the "1965 Steve Scott" ... he's just aged a bit :).

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
  30. customcory

customcory

I am one of Steve's friends on Facebook, it is really him. He has told a few good stories on there so far, but he will have to repeat them here. Whats wrong with Facebook, no rules there on what you say and put pics of on. Don't play the stupid games, and you will be fine. Its all about getting information you didn't know before. It made my day when he showed up there!