Register now to get rid of these ads!

The "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chaz, May 24, 2005.

1. No, Bob... I'm right here :)

What would you like to know?

Steve

Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  2. customcory

customcory

3. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

cool car, drooled on this car as a kid. RD

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Welcome Steve. If indeed this the real Steve Scott. :)

What we would like to know ? The real story, what is going on etc etc. :)

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I would think it easier to say what DON'T we want to know. :) You've obviously seen all the questions that have been asked and all the theories that have been advanced about you and the car. It seems you wanted to keep a lot of the history to yourself, which we respect, but how about filling in some of the gaps for us.......like where is the car now, and what condition is it in ? Pictures ?

We don't want much, do we?

Don

6. Hey Cory! Fancy running into you here :)

7. You What? So... THAT's where all those stains came from, eh? LOL! :)

8. Welcome Steve, Saw the car in Bakersfield in the early '60's. Anyway the question everybody wants to know-- What finally became of the Uncertain T?
    It helped inspire generations of builders along with the Leg Show T originated by Danny Eichstedt, a friend of mine from the Early Times Car Club, CA.

9. C'mon over to the Facebook site that I FINALLY set up a couple of weeks ago, and catch up on everything.

Wait... yep... it's me. I just checked my driver's license :) LOL!

10. Hi. I SURE DO wish I had some good photos of the time the "T" and I were at Bakersfield. Almost all of my memorabilia, photos, records, etc.; have "disappeared" at one time or another over the years, starting when I was away in the Coast Guard Reserve boot camp. A lot of stuff was stolen from my mom's garage, etc., etc. :)

11. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

12. Ooops! Sorry "Bobbykid's32". I missed some of your comments and questions. I've written about the current status of the "T" a few times already on the Facebook site. Please go check it out there so I don't have to do it again here. THANKS! See ya there :)

And... THANKS VERY MUCH for such uplifting compliments!

13. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'll pop on using my wifes facebook account seeing how I don't have my own. :)

14. Sorry... what's "RD" mean?

15. Open a new FB account. It's really easy if I can do it! :) That's what Alan Gilkey did yesterday when I finally found him again.

16. C.R.Glow Neon

C.R.Glow Neon
    from stockton

RD= Roger Daniells AKA C.R.Glow neon

17. Hi Don. Very good point. Yeah... I've been lurking around for a long time. No, not really. I didn't really "want" to keep things to myself. I really didn't have much of a choice. I've had a lot of ups and devastating downs since those days, and have been struggling literally 16 to 18 hours a day trying to earn a living. It was true when Alan Gilkey found me in 2006, and that's what I told him, ad it's unfortunately still true today.

The MAIN reason is that I ABSOLUTELY didn't have the time to reply to the many emails and questions that I knew would come flowing in, and I ABSOLUTELY didn't want people to think I'm a snob because I don't have the time to respond.

Well, I decided a few weeks ago, now that I'm recovering from a very serious fall that broke my upper right arm at the shoulder ball, gave me a concussion and a stroke, and from that point on gave me VERY high blood pressure... that I better "bite the bullet" and finally do something now... before it's too late.

I was right... it's taking FAR more time than I should be spending, but it's also been so very enjoyable meeting soooo many wonderful fans, and getting in touch with so many old friends again, that it's been very good therapy for me :)

Okay... see you on the FB site! :)

18. Oh... it's a sign off signature.

I think the technical term for me is... Duhhhh... :)

19. Here on the HAMB, there's been a lot said about the car. So, if you could write a couple of sentences telling us what happened, that would be great. We have our own thing going on here and it would be appreciated by a lot of people. Doesn't have to be a long summary. I think the main thing people want to know is ---does it still exist?

20. I'm signing off now. I better go over to the FB site and welcome those of you who who have sent Friend Requests.

Catch ya all later...

21. Yes... I know. I've been "watching" / "lurking" for MANY years. It's very safe in Northern California. A very good, very capable old friend of mine acquired it during a very difficult time of my life. He said that he's built a super shop at his 70 acre vineyard JUST for restoring the "T". I've tried to get an update since setting up the FB site, but he's still EXTREMELY busy all the time, "saving" companies from complicated mechanical situations. He's a mechanical genius and miracle worker, and VERY qualified to restore it. Now, if his MANY very well known clients would just let him retire!

22. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hope the healing goes well for you, Steve.

Don

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm not into FaceBook, is the car still around? Bob

24. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Bob,the car is in California awaiting restoration.

25. Thanks Don. It's been a VERY rough road, but I'm gettin' there.

26. I'm NOT into FB either. My wife has almost lived on it since she discovered it several years ago. That's more than enough for one family! However, it seemed like the most logical place to "appear", until I have the "real" website for the "T" and me online... hopefully sooner than later.

I posted a bit of info a few posts ago. I hope that'll help until the real site is online, and you can check in without having to look over your shoulder all the time for whatever FB might be up to.

27. THANKS for pitching in :)

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

For those of us who don't do FB, please occasionally give us some bits and pieces of info.

Don

29. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll have my Roadster wired personally before I get into FaceBook. Bob

30. @Steve Scott -

Thanks for reviving this nightmare :eek: of a thread! :)

I found this pic of the "Uncertain T" in my fathers archives:

Steve Scott's Uncertain T @ '65 GNRS (photo by Bruce Olson).jpg

Any idea where he might have shot this pic? ... I'm not positive, but I'm thinkin' it was taken at the Oakland (Grand National) Roadster Show ... not sure what year

Last edited: Jan 24, 2024