Register now to get rid of these ads!

Thought Some Here Might Appreciate This

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wolfie1961, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Rex_A_Lott

Rex_A_Lott

Nice piece of family history! Thanks for sharing!

2. '65 nova

'65 nova
    from New Jersey

..great collection, thanks for sharing & constant visual reminder of your dad and grandfather for yourself...

3. Impressive collection,,HRP

4. ownster

ownster

Love the Oakland Badge plus many others. Moon? Anyone care to explain who/what Moon was?

5. Hahahaha,,,you young guys slay me..Moon was a car brand among hundreds of others..like the Jewett,Star,Marathon,,most in the teens and twenties

6. Thats pretty cool, I really like the way you put like type emblems together.

7. That is very cool! Glad you appreciate and cherish them. Good idea to display them, as they are designed to be looked at.

I cannot believe the people on here that are so mercenary. If you sell everything of value that you own, what will you have?

~Alden

8. fortynut

fortynut

You have a real nice collection. My friend Tim Mooney, now deceased, would have drooled on his bib had he seen them, as pictured in the boxes. He, too, was a collector of emblems and dealership badges. No one has asked, but with so many duplicates, what are your plans for the rest? Don't forget HAMB has classifieds for goodies like that, in case you're tempted to share --- for bucks, of course. Even your culls would brighten up some slob's man cave. Har har.

9. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

What a unique collection. As to what Moon was, here is a shot I took at Bonneville 2008.

[​IMG]

10. shadams

shadams

Very cool. I too was a little stumped with the first post, but hey, maybe organizing them was a big accomplishment, ha! But yea, it came out great....

11. ownster

ownster

wbrw32, BrandonB - thanks for the headsup. And I thought I had heard of all of them...

12. That is sooooo cool.

13. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Wow .I have been doing the same thing at work ,but not sure if they will be that awesome in 80 years .

14. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

i never realised how many were cloisenae? nice collection nice set of lights too

15. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Awesome !!
    And great idea...especially with their heritage..
    Cheers..
    Also how many of them do you have ??
    My old eyes lost count two times....:eek:

16. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

Agreed, you have a treasure. Am glad that they are in the right hands.
    Dale
    Cleveland OH

17. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fantastic collection. Thanks for showing them to us. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the displays when you finish.

18. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Very cool. Great way to display them.

19. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

20. 296ardun

296ardun

Outstanding! Thanks for posting, another reminder of how many car companies there were in the early motoring era...the Dodge emblem is really interesting, two deltas in the shape of the Star of David...I know that there is a story behind it but forgot what it was

21. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

He popped them off. There are some that the backs broke off but most of the are good. As kids, we all played with them. Had my brothers not thrown them at each other and tossed them back into the tool chest, they all would have been in perfect condition.

22. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

I'm thinking of mounting these cowl lights on the sides of the shadow boxes and wiring them up to turn on with the pool table lights (there is a pool table next to them).

[​IMG]

23. Most impressive. A lot of those belong in a museum.

Hey, want to trade one of those Dodge wings for a 1932 Henway badge?:D

24. zoomma

zoomma

Great collection. Thanks for sharing them with us.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! What a great collection, thanks for letting us see it. The MOON was a good quality car made from 1905-1929. Bob

26. Very cool!

Interesting that there are more Chevrolet emblems than anything else.

I wonder what that meant.

Proportionately, there sure aren't many Ford emblems.

They made as many Fords as all the other makes put together...

Maybe it's because they were so common that your dad didn't pull as many.

Interesting.

And very, very cool.

Sam

27. Southfork

Southfork

That Kissel medallion really brings back memories. 'Guess I once owned one of the 125 Kissel Kars still in existence. I found it about 45 years ago out in the desert near the Dugway Proving Grounds when I was in the military. It was a 1917 Kissel Kar 100 point six touring. Vietnam was going big so I flipped it for $250 from a Restoration business before heading to SE Asia. And now just the medallion will bring almost what i sold the whole Kissel Kar for!

28. I'd have been chuckling a little to myself while "hangin moons". You should hang a picture of the open box up with the cases too, a blow-up of it looks artsy on its own. Thanks for sharing.

29. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

To be honest with you, I forgot. I counted them. Those were the better ones on the table. 100+ if I remember correctly.

30. wolfie1961

wolfie1961

This is the room that they're in. The opposing wall is the wall of fame with my father-in-law on it. The basement is the man cave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]