Register now to get rid of these ads!

Happy Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 21, 2012.

1. I know I'm jumping the gun a little but a lot of you guys & gals are getting ready to hit the road traveling to see family and friends,,be careful and have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. HRP

Our national holiday really stems from the feast held in the autumn of 1621 by the Pilgrims and the Wampanoag to celebrate the colony's first successful harvest.

[​IMG]

And back in the '50s when I was a kid ,Norman Rockwell's painting captured the time period.

[​IMG]

and what it look like with Bubba,,, my next door neighbor.,,:D HRP

[​IMG]

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Back at ya, Danny...
    Yes, Bubba really knows how to keep the spirit alive...
    My neighbor, Goober, puts up his favorite painting of that famous day in history...

[​IMG]

3. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

thanks ,HotRod, happy turkey-day

4. Retro61

Retro61

Happy Thanksgiving! The Spirit and true meaning of Thanksgiving, I'm afraid is getting lost. A lot of people anymore just think its a time to eat!
    Happy Thanksgiving to all and God Bless!!

5. jchav62

jchav62

Happy Thanksgiving to all!! And thanks to Ryan and all the great helpers on this great site... JC62...

6. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I'm looking forward to four days off from work .I hope every one has safe travels and a great Thanksgiving too..

7. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Thanks Danny and back to you and yours

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

9. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

10. Yes, to all my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving and please enjoy and be thankful for all!

11. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

I'm lucky and have plenty to be thankful about so I hope we can all find something to give thanks for.

12. Happy Thanksgiving to all.... PART of what I'm thankful for is a little welding project I get to do tomorrow in my garage.....

13. belair

belair

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and drive safe.

14. HAMb and Turkey, Happy Thanksgiving to all. This guy was crossing my back yard a few minutes ago. I guess he didn't get the memo...

[​IMG]

15. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Gobble, Gobble Danny...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's been a hectic year with the birth of my son, death of my grandmother (who was one of my best friends), and long hours working full time and remodeling a home - which totals over a hundred hours a week. My schedule hasn't afforded me the free time I'd like to have, which has been a source of consternation for my awesome wife.

However, I've been reflecting how lucky I actually am. I've got a beautiful, healthy son (as well as the rest of my family) and I still take away many great lessons from my grandmother. I was able to prepare and read a eulogy at her funeral and it helped me with closure. And the house, our home, reflects the efforts and time I've spent on it. For the first time in my life, I will have a living space that has a place for everything. As well, I've got a small shop where I'll get back to building my hotrods and restoring furniture.

Then, there are friends. I've met so many guys from the HAMB from the local guys, a couple of which lend me some of their expertise at a moment's notice, to the fellas I've yet to meet but keep updated with my life whether it be hotrods or updates on Bob Racecar.

Lastly, the HAMB as a community. There's a post by Ryan, recently, where he shares one of his early blog posts. Bugsy and I both brought up the err of our own ways in that thread too. If it weren't for the HAMB, I'd still be stumbling around, making poor car choices.

So, with all that said, happy Thanksgiving to you all. We're a lucky bunch.

I'm thankful for all of it.

17. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wonder if Indians celebrate Thanksgiving?

18. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

you...are a mental case...:D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  19. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Friends are those you have chosen from all people to be special in your life.

Just like the settlers who celebrated with their new friends who shared and helped them adapt to new things, I'll lift a toast of gratitude to all of you on this special day of thanks.

Hope to meet as many more of you as the Lord will allow on the road where we will toast again!

[​IMG]
    Happy Thanksgiving ! ! ! !

20. EBW

EBW

Happy Thanksgiving to all HAMB members here. Enjoy your families and time with them !!

21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

it was supposed to be a secret.

22. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

23. HRP right back at ya.

I am doing a slight modification of the first thanksgiving (there actually was no Thanksgiving prior to the Civil War by the way). My American Native is Cherokee, but like the pictured Pilgrims we donot know what we are going to eat yet. Maybe frybread and beans ( watch your puppies fellas).

To everyone enjoy a good holiday, may it be spent with family and friends.

24. I look forward to the Kids and Grandkids,,I'll be out early in the morning Smoking Turkeys,,,no silly,,in the smoker! :D HRP

25. That's great - Thanks Danny - You have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving Too!

26. Happy Thanksgiving to all HAMB Brothers.

27. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

Have a great Thanksgiving all!

28. I was going to ask how you keep it lit. I usually toke on the break myself, its a lot like a chillum. :D:D:D

29. Big T

Big T
    from Florida

Happy Thanksgivng fellow HAMBers!

Attached Files:

30. Happy Thanksgiving to you HRP! And to all of you that make this place what it is. I smoked some salmon last week..........still cant get the taste out of my pipe!