Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model T coupe...Chop more or not

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsmolet, Nov 19, 2012.

1. pincher

pincher
    from Saginaw

I think it looks just right the way it is. I am currently building a 27 T coupe and not going to chop it. Will be channeled 4" though. Picked up a middle seat out of a Dodge Carivan. and sit just right in the car.Good luck with your build.............PINCHER

2. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I think those coupes look good when the quarter window is just about square. I think Pinstriper40's car got it right.

3. sunbeam

sunbeam

I allways thought that the rear corners of the quarter windows were so different that when moved to close together they didn't look right.

4. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

The header panel getting trimmed up letting the windshield be a little taller makes seeing red lights a lot easier , especially being as tall as you are. I cut 3 inches out of my header and made a shorter visor. Besides the header looks out of proportion with the side windows stock.

5. flat 39

flat 39

A Tall T coupe is a thing of beauty.

6. chaddilac

chaddilac

Here you go.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=665961

7. When I cut my 33 pickup, I first sat in the seat I planned to use and had my neighbor kid come over and measure from my head to the top. Was 7 and 1/2 inches...cut 5 and a half inches to leave a solid 2 inches space.
    No way would I ever chop a top without sitting and measuring first.

8. 1959apache

1959apache

Where did you get it? I have been looking for a decently priced A or T coupe/roadster for a while. Looks good though, nice project

9. patmanta

patmanta
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Woburn, MA
    1. MASSACHUSETTS HAMB

Do you have the frame ready to lay it down on? I think if you can get it laid down on the frame you're going to use & get your wheelbase mocked up, the correct look might make itself more apparent to you.

10. Since you asked, I think you could go a couple more.

11. chaddilac

chaddilac

Exactly what I did... minus the neighbor kid.... I used my pop. Glad I didn't chop it 10" like I had planned!!! :D

12. bgaro

bgaro

a couple more for me please.

13. oldsmolet

oldsmolet

Thanks. Yours looks perfect to me....but im a little taller lol

Terre Haute. I bought it a few years back.

Dont have the frame set up.
    My friends just hacked the roof off this one night drinking then gave up. So im trying to get it back together and straightened up so i can move the floor up when i set it on the floor. If i did it my way the chop would have been last. Gotta love friends