Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a feeling the car might be done before the next J'Rama. I would definitely travel to see its debut.

2. oldman2

oldman2

Glad I don't have to adjust that linkage, it never would start. Looks great along with the rest of your update....Jim

3. impala631

impala631
    from INDIANA

Dude, awesome build!!

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thank you
    yah chirs both barrels are going to the breaks , im running a sepret M/C under the dash for the clutch , in the picture i just didnt have bothlines hooked up yet , there both going inside and comming out under the floor somewhere , yes it should be at the jalopyrama next year .
    im not sure exactly when it will be done , i ran into some issues with the horn ring and getting it chromed so it will put me back plus i still havnt gotten my intake sent out so it will be probly spring time before it gets done .

thanks it was mind boggling to make but actually not to bad to adjust
    thanks
    it was really nice meeting you as well D-russ, yah im a busy man , i guess thats why it take so long to get back to all of your guys responces . :D

5. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

just a quick update since its late for me , at home up just cleaning up the last little bit of stuff on the intake , at work starting to put the dash back together and running wires
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

yah i know im missing a knob , i still havn't been able to find it
    [​IMG]

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    [​IMG]

6. Hey just put the same wiring kit in my Willys, went it great. Sorry to hear you can't find your knob........:eek::cool::eek:

7. oldman2

oldman2

I'll go along with milwscruffy about the wiring. I installed the Highway series 23 in a 56 Packard and was happy with it....Jim

8. niceguyede

niceguyede
    from dallas

This man makes a good point! Lookin good as usual!

9. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

So i got my system one oil filter in the mail the other day and of corse i cant leave anything alone , and had to modify it to match the side covers and valve cover , im happy with the way it turned out so off to the chromer it goes .

this is how it was when i fisrt got it
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and done

[​IMG]

also i spent more time wiring , fun fun fun

10. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thants awesome it worked out well for you , i hope mine goes the same , ill find the knob i just have to keep on digging
    cool
    thank you

11. oldman2

oldman2

Big difference in the filter, should look great chromed....Jim

12. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks jim , :D

13. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A lot of grinding! But great details Cody!

14. Buzznut

Buzznut

Oil filter canister looks awesome...can't wait to see it chromed.

BTW: what did you use to knock down the aluminum fins? How long did it take you?

15. hemifarris

hemifarris

Hello Cody,

Every new post just knocks me on my ass. Hopefully it won't be long before the Walls, Fishbeck and Nads' 59's will be on the road. I've not been well healthwise, both mentally and physically, and haven't driven any of my cars since a year ago September. Hopefully I can get it together before next spring and start driving them, especially my El Camino and '34 Vicky.

Keep up the magnificant workmanship and thought process. You're going to have one of a kind.

Take care,
    Mike Farris

16. im still up in the air over the master cylinder on what color to paint it or chrome
    [​IMG]

I vote for CHROME!

Looking good Cody, I love seeing progress on this thread.

17. Cody - I'd paint that MC either body color or black. I think chroming it wud distract the eye from that beautiful, work of art, engine to something as insignificant as a MC. If you had a brake fluid incident, you cud easily touch up black. Just a thot.

Next year will be the 10th Anniversary of Jalopyrama. What a great event to debut your awesome wagon. You know J'rama Mike will have a space for you on the show floor. I'm drooling over the pix you have posted so far. I can't wait to take some pix of it in person!

I might have a knob in my '59 El Camino's spare parts bin. I can't guarantee it right this minute, but if you can't locate yours, let me know and I'll check.

18. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks

thank you , i knocked the mojarity of them down with just the angle grinder with a roloc , , towards the ends i used a carbit bit , i lost track of time but i think a couple of hours

thanks again for your kind words mike , im sorry to here your health hasnt been the greatest , and i hope you get well soon , your elky is amazing , im hoping to have my wagon on the road by spring if everything goes right:eek: , im also looking forward to seeing fishbecks come together , nads well im going to go see his elky in person next month and i cant wait , i would also like to see you elky in person sometime in the future, thanks again mike

thank

, ill probly paint it the dark green , my chrome bill is kinda getting up there :eek: ,

yes i know that the jalopyrama is comming up on its 10th , Mike had a space for me to have it for the 9th but it just didnt happen, so i guess it will make the 10 even more special , i cant wait , its alway one of my favoriet show, thanks for the kind words a well , ya ill let you know if i cant find the knob .

19. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

How about a tinted green plexi cover?

20. The 59 Source

The 59 Source
    from PNW

You are inspirational Cody. This build is making me rethink the attention to detail I put into mine. It's taken me over a week to finish reading through this whole thread and I've loved every minute of it. Great work. Im in the military and overseas right now so being able to read all the great comments is inspiring. It goes to show that we have a lot of great people in this hobby. I think its great that you reply to each and every person that posts on here, Amazing.
    This is my project I started a few years ago. I had to put it on hold for a year to go overseas but will be home by christmas to get started on it again. Mine will also be on full air but not nearly as many custom touches as you have.
    I also have a question about the rear drip rails that you had to fix. I have an extra set of stainless ones that I have never seen on any wagons. They came with a big lot of parts I bought so I dont know if they are chevy, pontiac... whatever. They are exactly like the painted oned on my Nomad so I think im going to use those on it. I'll start a build thread when I get home and back at it.
    Thanks again for sharing the great work.
    Chris

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

from what i have learned they were available on BOP cars and not Chevy. so far i have only seen a picture of one set and i thing they were on a Pontiac Safari. good job on reading the whole thread. as you noted Cody is very creative and talented

22. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Just a dual monday update , ive been sanding and polishing parts at home .

[​IMG]

the front part of the starter im going to paint ,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it still needs some more work but its getting there

<TABLE cellPadding=6 width=600><TBODY><TR><TD align=center>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

23. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

for the master cylinder ??????????????????????? good idea nads

thank you for taking your time out to go threw it all , i greatly appreciate it,, its getting pretty long , lol , yes i like to get back to everyone , i know i might not be the quickest at it,but thats just because im always so busy , but i fugar if someone can take the time out of there secdual to post some thing i can take my time to show respect and respond back . also thank you for your servise , you guys dont get thanked enough for what you do . your wagon looks like a great start , love the 348 , and i look forward to your build thread . on the rear stainless , ive never seen one , so im also looking forward to you posting pics of that :D

Thanks bruce , your wagon is really comming along , glad to see it all in one color , i know you are too :D

24. oldman2

oldman2

I know you have a ton of time in sanding and polishing that stuff, nice job....Jim

25. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

yah i do jim , the fingers are getting sore a lot quicker now :eek:

26. The 59 Source

The 59 Source
    from PNW

Bruce was correct here, the BOP wagons had the stainless rear drip rail. The Nomad was chevys high end model so I think ill use them on mine.
    Thanks for the update and as always Great work.

27. QuarterLifeCrisis

QuarterLifeCrisis
    from NY

I just read 71 pages of this thread. What a masterpiece. VERY nice work. I hope one day I can see this thing in person.

28. whoisfelix

whoisfelix

Thanks for the inspiration to start making my engine bay pretty one part at a time.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. jbh

jbh

Cody: I have your radio/dash knob here. Email me a mailing address & I'll get it off to you. Jay

30. n847

n847

You know I couldn't figure out why you were going so over the top on the body work...Then I come back to see whats going on under the hood! Holy cow...Amazing work...Game changer!