Register now to get rid of these ads!

i need a trusted engine rebuilder for my Ford 351 Stroker motor

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55Thunderboy, Nov 17, 2012.

1. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

I am pulling my engine from my car in the coming weeks and i just can not afford to get a new engine and see no need to, currently the engine runs like a champ, fast as hell but i need a few things fixed.

my rear main was changed 3 times and still leaks, i honestly cant not take it anymore so i want someone to fix it once and for all.

my cylinder heads also need some work as the engine is smoking oil pretty bad out the back. i also wanted to maybe do a cam and valvetrain swap while its out.

im out in NYC area and lots of engine shops i use to use back in the day 20-30 years ago are out of business and i just do not know anyone who i can call. I have considered shipping the engine out of state but that will be a pain. any suggestions on who i can call?

2. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

do it yourself . farm out the machine work , but do all the rest yourself !

3. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

i wish i could i just do not have the tools or experience to do it, i already tried alot of fixes myself which all failed which is why i want a trusted builder who has experience on these engines to just fix it.

4. brad chevy

brad chevy

Any good engine builder will want to completely rebuild the engine. You just do the heads and valvetrain and the rings and bottom end will still be a problem. Save yourself some future headaches and money and rebuild the engine.

5. 55Thunderboy

55Thunderboy
    from NYC

forgot to mention the engine was rebuilt 1000 miles ago and has all new guts. problem is you can never go back and complain to half these guys they all like to ignore you or try and blame it on you etc. the engine def doesn't need a new full rebuild maybe new heads and other parts. in the end a new crate motor is ideal but just out of my budget right now.

can anyone suggest a good ford engine builder who specializes in clevor builds and y blocks?

6. Im not very close to you but would love to help fix your problem.
    http://www.pro-formancespecialties.com/
    I own a full service engine shop in Rochester, NY
    We specialize in Ford engines. We also run every engine on our dyno.:cool:
    You can also call me during busniess hours: 585-288-1499
    Thanks and good luck: Matt