Register now to get rid of these ads!

HELP!!! I'm buying a truck and I don't have any room...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barsteel, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Found a '46 Dodge 1/2 ton on CL...buyer was cool, sent me about 50 pics, it's an original South Dakota truck, so other than some surface rust, it's rust free.

Going to pick it up next week. It will be my 4th vehicle.

One small problem...I have NO PLACE to store it, at least indoors.

Sure, I'll figure something out. I've had a good year, so $200 or so per mo. won't be a big deal to get me through the winter, but I was wondering...

Has anyone else out there seen a vehicle that you weren't planning on buying, but dammit, it was clean as hell and the price was right, so why not? Oh, and I'll figure out where to store it when I get it.

Once I got past the first car, the storage question seemed to be secondary...I'll figger it out (and I always have).

Anyone else out there storage challenged?

Chris

2. "Anyone else out there storage challenged?"..better question might be, Who out there isn't storage challenged?
    Space is one hurdle we all have to get over.
    Have fun with your new purchase.

3. That's one place I have yet to have a problem with, no wait- maybe I do have a problem with it but a different one. My small garage is a 6 car, and the big shop is 72 x 108 (or something like that) My problem is everybody sees the space and asks if they can store their shit in it. Made that mistake once and I learned my lesson.
    Here's an idea for you Barsteel- find some joker like me with too much and see if he'll help you. Half rack of Pabst would be a good gesture to get it rolling.

4. Lack of room never stopped me!:D HRP

5. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

I have 5 acres but my wife always says "where are you going to put it?":mad:

6. willys1

willys1
    from South Ga

You cant make up a lost "good deal"...........buy all that can before they get recycled. I have two buildings, 60' x 120' each. Thought I would never use all that space....18 months later I can hardly walk around in either building. Just bought two more trucks, so now I have about 9 cars outside. I guess I am a hoarder of all cars and trucks hoardable...My point? you will always find a way to fill all of your available storage space..(with good deals) .Enjoy

7. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

mine complains about vehicals on my property that she never sees.

8. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Only a matter of time for her to go that route :)

9. Rent a sea-land container, i have 5 40 footers and 2 20's all filled .
    Big time horder.

10. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

I'll second the storage container. I just did one for a project I was working on and it was less the $200 a month. I used Eagle leasing. I'm in CT PM me if you want to store it out side at my place. I could do it cheap.