Register now to get rid of these ads!

Harry Bradley's Hot Wheels....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Sep 16, 2010.

1. im 42 and have a sizable collection of all differnt brands of 1/64 diecast right now my favorites are M2's just because of thier subject matter and the details

i wish hotwheels would understandthat most kids today are sadly not into cars and building hotwheels with animal, robot, and unidentifyable fantasy cars arent that popular with the collectors wish they would stick more with the authentic looking cars

i love the black box cars and the oil can cars i try to pic them up whenever i see them affordably

i bought a thundershift 500 a couple years ago off ebay (had one when i was akid) and the other day i pulled it out and assembeld it and ran a few cars around it for old times sake you know thw older cars went around it better then the new cars (i even ran a few original redlines around it)

those customized ones pictured are freaking awesome ive done a few but i wouldnt want to attempt to open doors on a hotwheel hell, i dont even like to open the doors on 1/25 scale models lol

my brother in law has a massive collection of hotwheels mostly still in the packages(im an opener) he goes out on hotwheels hunts for hours and miles atleast 2 or 3 times aweek hes overly obbsesive lol but he goes to the conventions and buys and sells and trades he says he makes money at it (good money)

i really need to stop buying the things and put my money into my real cars.....yeah like thats gonna happen ....ITS A SICKNESS I TELL YA

2. We have all been saying that for a few years now and it seems that Mattel is starting to listen! Larry Wood and I usually sit next to each other at autograph sessions and we talk about that stuff....
    Here is a little of what we will be seeing from the folks at Mattel!
    I think you'll love it as much as I do!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. now thats a COOL hot wheel

4. I thought you would like it!
    Here is another one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. that ones cool to

are you the guy that does the price guides?

6. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Maybe they can get Harry back on the payroll. Okay, freelance work would sound better to him. I`ve never stopped buying Hot Wheels. It was always me and little kids in the toy isle until the mid 90`s when the collecting craze really took off, then more adults started showing up in the toy isle. A Harry Bradley line would be cool, like the Larry Wood editions.

7. I think a Harry Bradley line would be cool!
    Have to see what the guys at Mattel think of that! ;)

8. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

I thought about that myself. Over the years everybody I know who know him or studied with him tells me the same story. He wants nothing to do with us (Hot Wheels) or cars in general....maybe I'll make the call myself and find out first hand, though from what i understand i need to be ready for an ear bashing. I did reach out to Ira last year and I owe him a tour of the Design Center......despite what i was told he was more than happy to hear from me so we shall see......

F

9. 64Cyclone

64Cyclone

I got the Sweet 16 or original 16 last year then decided to do a custom Thunderbolt.

[​IMG]

10. Yes.... I didn't want to say anything, but since you did.... Mr. Bradley wants nothing to do with Hot Wheels. Larry talks with him once in a while, but nothing about the toys. :(

11. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

This and the 55 gasser are awsome! Are these soon to be released or are they available yet?

12. Yes! The `55 is in stores now. I got that one at Kmart a couple weeks ago and the Nova is available too, but I will have to look where. I don't remember off hand.... If Felix or Larry are following, they will be able to let us know.

13. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

Wow I know I sound like a little school girl at a boyband concert but I cant believe I'm posting on the same page as you guys I have so many of your books Mr. Zarnock and your fuel altered car, I would consider myself one of the biggest hot wheels nuts in phoenix I am at all the local events, I am "that guy" at Walmart waiting at midnight for a new box to be opened so I can update my 1000+ all Mopar collection. I pray everyday that Hot Wheels would make a 57 Dodge truck like mine. Heres a few of mine ... PS When I retire from the military, my two dream jobs are to work for Hotwheels(Mattel) or Chrysler... someday...maybe...

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Mike Zarnock likes this.
  14. Hey Joel!
    I hope my books have helped you to build a better collection!
    You have a great room there too! It's always nice to see other guys collections and how they display them!
    Take care!
    Mike

15. CanUFelix

CanUFelix
    from venice CA

HA! i only just noticed the "HOLSTS Auto Service" sign writing on the back quarter of the Chevy,as I scanned through the posts on this thread. Never noticed it before. That made my day.......the graphic designers often add little details like that when they need graphics. they use the names of our colleagues to avoid any copyright issues.....and give each other a little kick. Its rad when you get you're name on a righteous model.

16. Yes, it is very cool when that happens! And you are a very lucky guy to get your name on a Hot Wheels car too! :)