Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Pistons and Paint from my lens

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lobucrod, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Well the Chups put on a Killer show again. Thanks guys. Below is a link to a slide show with the pics I took. And as usual I didn't take a single decent pic of my own car. So if I didnt get a pic of yours.........Sorry. Out of 400 cars I only took 134 pictures so look in the background for the rest.

Pistons and Paint 2012 Slideshow

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  2. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

[​IMG]

would like to know the story on this one.

[​IMG]
    Not a "patina" fan, but oh boy that looks good

3. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

The owner was eating in a resturant one evening when someone came in and told him that he had backed into his car. They went outside and the damage wasn't too bad and made a settlement right there. On his way home after dark that same evening he ran into an Angus bull causing the damage to the front. Pics dont show it but there is a fair amount of bullshit left on the car. He trailered it to the show but unloaded it and drove it in. He also received a trophy from one of the clubs and drove the car up to the stage to accept it.

4. Elrod

Elrod

And here is a picture if the Bull.

[​IMG]

5. Around here they hit Deer,:eek:,not bulls,,,:eek::eek:,, HRP

6. myktrans

myktrans

the rear quarters buckled from that guy backing into it. i was parked across from him and had a hard time looking at it. :-(

7. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I would like to know what he won the trophy for.

8. Rusty

Rusty

When did it become cool to drive a wrecked car to a show? Much less trailer a wrecked car tons show? People these days and what there vision of what cool is, if that was my car I would have spent my spare time in the shop fixing it then wasting my time towing it around, smfh

9. BISHOP

BISHOP

I bet it got alot of attention. Looks crazy

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

x-2

11. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Damn Rusty! Chuck Sexton is a cool dude. He lives not to far from me. I saw the car a few days after it happened. What a mess. He is going to rebuild it though.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  12. BISHOP

BISHOP

Thanks for the slideshow pics, some really great looking cars there.

Maybe Ill make it there next year, One of my favorite shows.

13. Gromit

Gromit

I thought it was an extention of the Patina fad... PRoly got the hardluck award. My hat's off to him for taking it. at least it's not a yellow duece with sbc. Bet there wasn't another like it lol. Hope he gets 'er straight for next year.

14. Thanks for sharing, I wanted to be there but was trying to get my own car going. Theres always next year...right?

15. ReposGarage

ReposGarage
    from denton tx.

Hmmmmm.....I normally dont say much on here. But my club brother gave that trophy,not a trophy for being cool but one for hardluck and for being ok after taking a hit that hard. I mean you know these cars and it takes a pretty good hit to damage one that bad. And i guess im the dumb ass that let him in for the same reason........and for still having enough pride in the car to still wanna show it.

16. ryno

ryno

I kinda agree with rusty,but I did over hear while there that the car had attended every p n p so he wanted to keep the tradition alive,all bullshit aside,or in side.....

17. Rusty

Rusty

18. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

Who cares!!! It was a good show and there were a lot of cars there that shouldnt have been there besides a wrecked 55. Why not bitch about those. Oh well. Can't wait till next year. Awesome show as always.

19. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

You mad bro?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

20. MissPrint

MissPrint

:( Sorry we missed y'all again this year. . .work commitments with school, again, got in the way. . .:(

Looks like it was a helluva show, as it always is!:cool:

21. We all missed you!
    Chuck

22. Rusty

Rusty

PnP still Rules and I still love Repo!!! Lol

23. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

More pix please!

24. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

I had a great time and I received and award for timeless hot rod that my little girl slept with ! she is gonna be a car nut too ! as for Chucks 55 it made me sick. When I was building my 32 he said come measure his anytime he's always nice to us and it was sad to see that car hit. A couple of good pulls and a little love it will back soon. Sorry that there were some upset people but I dont think that why he brought the car to the show. They come to support and enjoy it like the rest of us !

25. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

As we say here in Texas 'some people would gripe if they were hung with a new rope'. Was my first time to talk to Chuck. I didn't get his name or forgot it like I do most but I do agree, a super nice guy. It bet he'll have the car back in tip top shape by the next PNP.

26. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Great times once again, Thanks Chupacabra's ! He's gonna fix the 55 up again, I've seen it at PnP before it got smashed and I'll look forward to seeing it again once it gets fixed. Pistons and Paint rules ! Thanks for sharing your pics Luboc.

27. WOODEYE

WOODEYE

Lobuc, Thanks for sharing your Slid Show. That looks like one great gathering. I will be putting it on my calender for next year and try to make it.

28. dadz34

dadz34
    from Argyle, TX

It's too bad everyone has focused on a negative rather than the positive. I have been to a lot of runs where power parking, fender babies and unnecessary rules added up to ruining a a good day with old cars.

This wasn't a a bad day because a wrecked car showed up. It certainly didn't ruin the event and I didn't hear anyone speaking negative at the run. In fact it was very interesting to hear about how the accident happened. As I told John yesterday, I'm glad he survived! I thought it was a good reminder how fast things can go wrong when we least expect them.

As for the positives, I live about 10 miles from the Denton Fairgrounds and was finally able to make it to the P&P this year. I really enjoyed the laid back feel and lack of over-administration. Everyone there had a good time who wanted to and those who didnt probably weren't there to begin with. I know I enjoyed my day. My 13 year old son and I caught up with many old friends and we look forward to next year's event. Unfortunately we had to cruise around 3pm so we missed the ending but we had a blast before then.

By the way, the bands were some of the best I have enjoyed in a long time. Kudos to the Chups for a successful event!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

29. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

wheres the "like" button Elrod! Thats some funny schtuff!