Register now to get rid of these ads!

Riley frames, anyone use them?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 64ONEOFF, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Im getting ready to buy a frame for my Model A sedan. I was wondering if anyone has bought a frame from them and if it was quality.They seem well built and the quality looks great, but Im just going off pics. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Eric at Riley automotive? HRP

Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
  3. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

I think he means Eric Schill at Riley Automotive. Search "VAPHEAD" on the HAMB...

4. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Riley automotive, they build Z'd frames to your likings

5. I have one of Eric's frames under this !!! >>>>.[​IMG]

6. 1930 Model A. 4x8 double Zd frame >>>>.[​IMG]

7. I bought a lot of parts from Eric and never experienced any problems but something happen and he burnt a lot of guys here. HRP

8. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE INFO.... If you can recommend a frame builder that would be great.. Its alot of money for me to take that kind of chance...Man I cant believe he burnt that many people. Thanks again Hotrodprimer.

9. No problem,,actually I'm glad you ask.

The frame that was posted looks good but unless you are standing in front of him with money in hand and after the frame is in your possession I would avoid doing business with Riley Automotive,,,there are a lot of great guys here that are trustworthy and can supply what you need. HRP

10. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

He still advertises around here on Craigslist from time to time. But after what I've seen I wouldnt buy unless I'm getting my parts the instant I plunk out my cash.

11. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I'm with Gearhead......Give me my parts on the spot and I will give you your cash. Damn shame it has come to that now a days in some places....

12. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

I have dealt with Eric many times and spent thousands of dollars with him. No problems EVER and their work is second to none.

Just my personal experience.

13. At one time Eric was great to deal with,,you and I both were lucky,,sadly a good many Hamber's got screwed in there business dealings with him. HRP

14. chaddilac

chaddilac

Bob Bleed still does the Swept up frames right?

15. kennkat

kennkat

16. 64ONEOFF

64ONEOFF
    from Md.

Bob Bleed, where is he located? I really appreciate all the help fellas.

17. REGARDLESS OF WHETHER HE SCREWED ME OR NOT, I WOULD NEVER SPEND MY MONEY WITH RILEY/VAPHEAD BECAUSE OF WHAT HE DID TO OTHER HAMBERS.

with that said I have heard very good things about this guy

http://www.blackboardhotrods.com/

18. Bob Bleed is located in the great country of TEXAS at ASS or Austin Speed Shop if you never heard of it.

19. buford36

buford36
    from Maine

32 frame for a Model A that Eric built for me. Bought lots of parts with out any problems. tom...

Attached Files:

20. Why do people still support this clown?

"Well, he never screwed me....."

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

22. aussiesteve

aussiesteve
    BANNED

I support him because I know both sides of the story.

And I,m sure you are so fucking perfect you have never made a mistake,you should be standing up next to the pope.

48fordnut likes this.
  23. Where did i ever say I was perfect? Get your panties out of a bunch....I'm certainly not a thief....and I stand up like a man and admit my mistakes and make it right.

REGARDLESS of his side of the story he still stole from people....that makes him a POS. END OF STORY. THEIR IS NO EXCUSE.

24. I'm with Aussiesteve. I know both sides of the story as well. Eric is a friend of mine. Never had a bad dealing with him. He went through a rough patch but has things straightened out. If you order a frame you will get it like you asked. I like Eric Schill. There I said it. Sorry if some of you got burned on some stuff.( I know, easy to say) I hope he's made it right with you. Stop badmouthing the guy. Reputation is hard to get back after you've had some problems. He's a good guy. His side of the story does not need to be dramatized here on a message board.

Tman and 48fordnut like this.
  25. Not this shit again :rolleyes:

26. Are you guys seriously trying to justify his actions?

27. Well,he actually still has a couple of friends,,,this thread needs to be closed. HRP

28. That's cool. I think its admirable that they are standing by their friend. But he's made his bed and now he's laying in it....telling us that "we don't know the rest of the story" is a little insulting. The man stole. Plain and simple.

29. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

64ONEOFF – Good luck finding someone to build your frame. Seems you have enough information to make a choice one way or another.

I guess I feel like a good reputation should be hard to get back after burning people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.