Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures who has their car in a movie?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuzzybear, Nov 9, 2012.

1. I was watching "The world's fastest indian" for the four hundred millionth time last night and, as i generally do i found myself paying more attention to the cars and bikes in the background than the actual story. which lead me to thinking 'I wonder if any HAMBer's cars are in this movie?' So if your car has been an "extra" in a movie or TV show tell us about it. (a screen shot or clip of the movie would also be cool to see.)

2. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

I had my '50 Buick sedanette and a '51 Buick 4dr in the movie"The Last Ride". It had Henry Thomas(ET come home) as Hank Williams Sr. I was one of the mechanics on set.

3. My 29 rdst pickup in "Girl In the Empty Grave" with Andy Grifith. Had a B motor with a Cook 4 port head and 2 Winfields.
    [​IMG]

Tim

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. impalamark

impalamark

my old impala in the avatar was in Matinee with John Goodman

5. percifab

percifab
    from Dixon,CA

My uncles 35 ford cabriolet was in Honkytonk man with Clint Eastwood. It was at the end of the movie

6. bauschracing

bauschracing

My brother-in-law had his 65 Chevelle used in "we were solders" shot at Ft. Benning. It was an 4 door sleeper that looked like it just left the showroom, so it was date correct for the movie. They doged the crap out of the car since it was so fast (400 hp small block).

7. the Stude was in a B movie for a two lane black top kinda shot.....my latest OT Cuda was a back drop car for a Danny Glover movie last summer...

8. mechanickeith

mechanickeith

The show Desert Car Kings episode with the Olds 442/Cutlass. Several places you can see my 61 Pontiac Tempest parked in the car show & one shot I'm driving it through the pits at the track. Didnt even know it was in the show till a friend called me & told me about it.

9. Me and my 48 Ford 1 ton on the set of the `97 remake of in cold blood with Anthony Edwards and Eric Roberts.

Cold Blood set.jpg

10. bunker hill bullet

bunker hill bullet
    from indiana

Last May our car club got a visit from Jim Travis, he was in town for the 500. He was in on the making of worlds fastest Indian. He shared stories of filming it. At the end of the movie the car that runs right before Burt makes his run is the "Pumkin Seed". It's Jim's car! The best part of the day though was listening to his stories of many years of running at Bonneville. What a life that guy has lived!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

11. I had my 35 Willys in a Nissan ad in the 80s !! YIPPIE !!!

12. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Though I cannot "prove" it, a '53 Plymouth Belvedere Hardtop I had owned a few years prior appeared in the Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line".

Not knowing this, I was stunned to recognize the car while watching the movie at a local theater when the movie was newly introduced.

My personal certainty comes from numerous visible details about the car and from susequent research I did about the ownership at the time.

Of course, not only was it "my" old Plymouth, but it was the old Plymouth of many prior owners, whether they were aware of it or not. When friends and family would good naturedly question my conclusions......I simply asked "do you agree that cars appearing in movies are, for the most part, 'real cars', not fabricated props?" . To which they usually replied, "well, sure". Then I would point out that "all of them, then, were 'somebody's old car' and why is it any less likely that this Plymouth isn't the one I believe it is?"

But it was fun to see it on the big screen, even though only for a few brief shots. In the final analysis, that and a $1.50 will get me a cup of coffee at the diner. :)

Ray

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  13. 94hoghead

94hoghead

My OT pick up is in "The Arroyo" which is coming out soon......

14. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

The Caddy in "Closed For the Season" was mine. The called and wanted a second to blow up, I found one, they bought it and about 5 hours later I dropped it off at the set with a color change and matching faded top to match. Not HAMB friendly, so I am not posting pics

15. My car was also in Deadly Game with Andy. Both movies were made for TV movies with Andy as another sheriff. Both were shot at Big Bear, CA. They wanted to buy the car cus it was supposed to be in the first movie a lot, but my price was too high. So they rented it by the day and I ended up getting about two thirds my asking price. When they did the second movie I got another two thirds.

There is a chase scene in one of the movies (forgot witch one). I have the movie and need to figure out how to post the chase scene.

tim

16. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

does TV count? :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYMjpcBP74

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/12/assignment_america/main4446290.shtml

"The world's fastest indian" GREAT movie! watch it time and again:D

My "Happy Days" time was cruisin the Steak & Shakes in Peoria -- 1964 -- [ they were set up so you parked, backed in, in a U form around the resturant in the center ] so you could watch folks passin and BE watched as *you* passed around the lot, and the carhops wore roller skates to git around quick ] and, of course, the local A&W in Metamora -- had a 58 Chevy black & white [ ex police car ] back then -- AH the memories --:rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  17. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

18. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

well, thankee kindly tim :)

19. Piewagn

Piewagn

On the set of The Lovely Bones! That is my Wife and I, you can see "Piewagon" to the left of the frame. It was a fun day and I made a few bucks!!!

[​IMG]

20. oneowner

oneowner

A lot of the cars in "The World Fastest Indian" are local cars from my group here in S.L.C.

21. My two o/t Mopars were in the 2010 film "Heaven's Rain"; filmed in Oklahoma. A 1966 Dodge Coronet and my wife's '78 Chrysler New Yorker. We had fun with that!

My Dad's '63 T-Bird is in an opening scene of an episode of the '70s cop show "Police Woman" with Angie Dickenson. Pretty cool seeing that back then!

22. tred

tred

i've had an impala of mine in a print ad for brooks brother suits. no one on set could figure out how to clear the cars parked in front of the building for the shot, so i drove to the end of the block, made a u-turn, and drove back on the sidewalk. ...in new york city, in the middle of the day.
    that was fun.

i've had the same car on a t.v. sitcom and in a music video, and another car in a couple pinup calendars, and it's always a drag. yeah, i got paid, but all the insurance hassles and too many "chiefs" runnin' around trying to control everything and even one of the models being told to stand on the hood of my car.

oof!

never made the big time and had any car in a movie yet though...

23. xlr8er

xlr8er

My neighbors 1940 Ford coupe was in a little movie called The Blob. It was made in the 50's or something. some movie about a blob... The car spent this past summer in a museum in Allentown, Pa. He's a pretty low key guy and doesn't like to brag. The car is stunning and he's a good neighbor too!!

24. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

I bought a 31 chevy landau phaeton out of Chicago that was in "The Sting".

25. airmentbob

airmentbob
    from san diego

26. Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

Chuck-A-Burger Ryan

My dad's '57 Chevy was in the movie "Larger Than Life" starring Bill Murray.

27. Pop-Rodder

Pop-Rodder

Just FYI....that " little movie" just happened to be Steve McQueen's debut leading role. It's a classic.

28. Gromit

Gromit

My '62 Morris wagon was principle car in Air Bud IV: Seventh Inning Fetch... The Citizen kane of sports playing dog movies...

It was on My classic car with that mustache guy a year later.