Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Well hopefully when he leaves the planet you will be left the care taker of them? Damn what a stash!:eek::D

2. Wow Bashnscratch...what a pile of good hudsons!!! That 38(?) Hudson truck is awesome...and the 35/6 2 door sedan? wow..

3. Don't want to hi-jack this thread, quick question best answered in a single post.
    I see lots of bullet holes. Question to the body guys. How do you repair those holes? Push them back out from the inside and weld them closed? Thanks, Mike

4. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Agreed. In the later '50s and most of the '60s, it seemd to me (at the time) that AMC wasn't even trying for the younger crowd.:( Thus, mostly boring lines (even though they had some very good V8s!).

If you had to drive your dad & mom's Rambler, you knew it wouldn't turn a single head.:eek: Kids thought, "Hell, at least it beats walkin'!" About all you could say, in terms of how they were regarded around school.:rolleyes:

Now, when the AMX, Javelin and some of the more hopped-up Gremlins came along in the early '70s, THAT got attention!

5. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Some cool stuff there, at least alot of it is in the barn! You should get a bunch of rust killer, and some blocks and get over there and get some of the others up off the ground and kill alot of the rust for the future....Jim

6. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

Ya but making out was like real fun

7. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

I was over there this summer and cleaned out the building from all the trash in there like 70 model Linc and a Cad 72? That is when I came up with all the photos to help mom sell the junk and she was offered $8000.00 for the mostly complete A, the buick a 41 Ford plus some odds & Ends and when she saw the offer all she could say is that is a lot of money and when she told dad he went off the walls for letting someone look let alone offer to buy. The Stude is a wagon with the sliding top and workable. Well when dad dies there will be an auction.

8. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

Hey, where in Canada were those shots taken at? Im in Calgary, but have a farm out in southern Sask. I've taken quite a few shots of other cars & trucks I've found (see here).
    http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/CarsandTrucks/
    ^ Those were SE of Swift Current in Sask.
    but Im curious as to where abouts you've found some of those.

9. Bashnscratch

Bashnscratch

Graham Some were near Saskatoon and some were in Montana.

Bash

10. 327Eric

327Eric

The sad thing is, the "57 Rambler Rebel was second only to the Fuelie vette in acceleration in 1957. The stories I have heard of these cars have really been some of the best I've heard. No respect, but I would love to get one. It matches my personality pretty good too.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/327/57rebel.htm

11. Damn! This one looks pre-rodded, ready to tune up and run!!!

12. This thread is awesome!!!!:cool:

13. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Thanks, Eric GREAT point on a REAL factory hotrod! :cool: In fact, IMHO, it surely wasn't body lines that pulled AMC through the '50s as a recession took hold and people suddenly clammored for fuel-efficient cars. Another segment (like US, LOL) were fully vested in the "Horsepower Race" which was in full stride when the '58 recession hit. Amazingly, little independent AMC/Rambler had a slate of products to please BOTH market segments. They had their venerable sixes, the little Met, PLUS several V8s of their own making.;) Also, under the skin, they were solidly built, durable cars.

I think that enough time has passed now that Ramblers are finally getting a little recognition.

14. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Several of us always ask "where is it" and "is it for sale"
    I found this one in Davenport Iowa.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Gromit

Gromit

Seen worse than that driving into R@ rod cruise ins lol! Very cool.

16. wheels777

wheels777
    from York, PA

Agreed>

17. I second the motion. I've actually read every page.:D

18. wisconsinjimmy

wisconsinjimmy

19. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

Me too. This is one of first threads I subscribed to. I made a post in the wrong spot and got corrected by EnragedHawk. I love the way everyone helps us new guys around the site. I check this thread every day to see if there is something close enough to drag home and save.

If you ever come across this post, thanks EnragedHawk.

20. xtremek

xtremek

Sitting in the woods at the in-laws place. Been there for 50+ years.

Attached Files:

21. [​IMG]

Lots of empty moonshine jugs.:D

22. Nice looking visor on that one...

23. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

I had the opportunity to pick this one up a couple of years ago. The seller was anxious to clear his property, and would've practically given it to me. Alas, I passed on it and regret it now.

Attached Files:

24. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thanks! :)

25. I'd regret a chance like that too. I had a chance to get a 47 Cadillac Series 75 Limo for free about 10 years ago. It needed total restoration. There was a death in my family at about the same time so the timing couldn't have been worse. I had to pass.:(

26. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

These trucks were all lined up behind a local trucking terminal. I took the pictures last year, and I haven't been by there lately to see if they're still there.

Attached Files:

27. Those are cool.

28. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

^I second that^

29. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

30. jimi'shemi291

jimi'shemi291

Bomb, I'm with you, man.:eek: I have a list of the WISH-I-COULD-A cars I had to pass on in the '60s and '70s.:( It's so long, it almost makes me cry every time I look at it. NOW, what's left in the increasingly endangered junkyards is about a third rusted down into the ground.:mad: I don't know how many HAMBers I've heard say: "I wish I had a way-back machine!";)

Sure would be nice to turn back the clock to when you could have GREAT, buildable low-rust cars for $150 -- or less. Jeesh.:rolleyes: