Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks 'sponjah! Unfortunately, the front is going to have to come up a bit. I really have to think about who will be driving this car, and she is definitly female. Still thinking the rear is gonna come down an inch or so though.

2. Tomkat39

Tomkat39

WOW ! I love the stance. How did you lower front end?? I need to get my Comet lower!!

3. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Sorry I missed this! Great job. Looking good.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I did a combo of a Shelby drop on the upper control arms, clipped the springs, Re angled the tips of the upper A-arms, trimmed the outer shock towers, and set up a pair of Mustang II shocks (with built in bump stops) to work with the Falcon mounts. It actualy rides quite well. Unfortunately, with the Tru-spokes the backspace is too shallow to really tuck the wheels under the arches as well as I would prefer, and with the disc brakes up front there just isn't room to change the back space. The first time I scraped the front tire on the inside of the fenderwells, miss Judy's face went to a frown. No tire rubs were one of her main no no's with this deal, and since it was built for her I do have to respect that wish. I believe it will come up an inch in the front, and probably an inch down in the rear.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh, the bright spot in the deal above? Still have my '62 Ranchero in the back yard that will be MY economical transpo... That WILL be low enough to crawl on it's belly like a reptile! Three carb 170, T-50 five speed, Edlebrock finned valve cover, Same round of front end stuff as above rounded off with a full set of 14"X6" slot mags polished within an inch of their lives with torque plates. Tons of louvers too!

6. rocketsam

rocketsam
    from Phoenix,AZ

Im having an issue with my bird, when i try starting my car it cranks over like its going to start, gas and all, but doesn't turn on like as if there's no spark going into the engine. Everything is pretty much new in the distributor, condenser,rotor, points, just not the wires. It just started doing this, this week and i cant find the problem, anybody run into this before?

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Rocketsam, If you have a test meter, set it to 12v and chech what you are getting at the coil's positive terminal. It should be in the 6-7v range. If it's not, look under your dash at the ignition switch and check out the pink resistor wire that runs out to the firewal plug. I have had these go bad over the years and you could check forever without thinking about it. If your okay there, perhps a coil, or for that matter maybe the switch itself went junk. They are about 15.00 at AJS.

8. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

I couldn't agree more. My short-track stocker tribute project.

Attached Files:

9. falcon-61

falcon-61
    from Chicago

Nash510, I wanna shake your hand! That car looks incredible!! I hope you do a build thread. Cause I wanna see this thing from start to finish!

10. shotgunjoe

shotgunjoe

My 64 wagon daily driver

[​IMG]

11. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

"Finish" is probably a few years out but here's a start...

Attached Files:

12. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Attached Files:

13. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Attached Files:

14. slinginrods

slinginrods
    from florida

Lm14 and Nash ,both are awesome!!

15. RetroSpeed

RetroSpeed

Congratulations on getting some drive time behind the wheel of the wagon.

Bummer about the tires rubbing in the front as it looks great that low with the whitewalls tucked under the fender wells.

Attached Files:

16. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Mulholland? Awesome!

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hot Damn! Built some aluminum lowering blocks last night and found a set of U-bolts I had made for my '62 sedan about 20 years ago hanging on the wall... 1 more inch down in the back and all is well! Going out to get plates right now!

Attached Files:

18. Hey Nash510 - If you want to get rid of those stock "headers", I have just finished these for Coyote's in early Mustang using MII based suspension. Bet they would fit the Falcon as well!
    [​IMG]

19. Hey nash510 here's my short track modified.

Attached Files:

20. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Really Falcon Cool!

21. bulldogcustomchrome

bulldogcustomchrome

That is a cool ride. I've not seen a Falcon set up like that before. Nice to see something different.

22. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Very nice! I need this kind of inspiration.

23. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Beautiful! If I hadn't already fabricated my exhaust I would consider it.

24. Nash,if i were to build a short track stocker i model it after yours, i'm impressed with your work, Hank

25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Did about twenty miles tonight just boppin' around town. Expect to see it out at the Nostalgia nats this weekend!

26. nash510

nash510
    from Vista, CA

Thanks Hank!

27. Fairlane Mike

Fairlane Mike

Well, I'm getting more inspired, my '64 I picked up last spring, 170 and a 3 speed, pulled the head last week, will probably give it a quick "week-end" overhaul. I want to start driving it this next spring!!

Attached Files:

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Go go go man! I can't believe I dragged my heals to get my wagon running as long as I did. Everytime I turn the key I get all happy and giggly...

29. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Louvers that looks great. I like the spokes are they 4 lug? Looks like it but you said you had disc brakes so I assume they are 5 lug. If its 4 what did you do?

I need to start getting motivated to get the falcon done. I love the look of it and want to drive it so bad.
    I just picked up a 62 Rambler wagon and even though its a cool car and is a perfect candidate to put air ride on it I dont want to put too much time/money into it that should go to the falcon.
    I got it from my friend for too good a deal to pass up. I think I need to sell it before I get too many ideas on making it cool.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  30. cage66

cage66
    from reno

Anyone have any luck using repair panels and modifying them for the wagons/rancheros?
    If so what did you do? I need to replace but my wheel wells. If I could find a drive quarter clip for a good price I would love it.