Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone here have the Sid Chavers interior DVDs?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Nov 7, 2012.

1. I am seriously considering trying my hand at my own interior. I did a google search and found the Sid Cavers DVDs. They look like what I need and I don't mind laying down $40 bucks each but I was wondering if they are good for someone who has never done interior work before?
    Thanks, Todd

2. Totally worth the money. They give tons of tips ad techniques you will use. We bought them a few years back and still refresher watch them every so often.

3. Thanks for the info. Sounds like a good deal!!

4. Dman

Dman

I was wondering about this also. Anybody have used ones that they would like to get rid of?

5. In fact, my wife reminded me we bought them in VHS format, and I burned them to DVD. That shows that it was more than a few years back. :eek:

6. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

I don't know about the video,but i do know interiors.If you want to try to learn i think any info you gain is a help.and 40.00 is cheap education.you can do this,just get at it.i started when i was 14,did the headliner in my 54 wagon first.i'm 62 now,still doing it and still learn a new trick,now and then.best advice,get a good machine,industrial walking foot,reverse.because if the machine works right you will be way ahead.500-1000 for a machine and if you decide to quit,someone else will decide to start and you can get your money back.good luck... jack.

7. Thanks for the encouragement. I appreciate it!! Todd

8. 40grit

40grit

I have been very pleased with Sid's DVD's. I did this rumble,seat basically following his advise on foam, sewing pleats, using sew foam etc.

I like many others started out with an inferior machine and finally upgraded to a good compound feed machine. Invested about 800 dollars for a machine that was professionally refurbished. Also added a good servo motor which really makes control easier for a newbie.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. bbridges

bbridges
    from missouri

Does any have any of the Sid Chavers dvds they want to sell?

10. 40grit

40grit

I do and have been very impressed with them. I have the seats. the panels, and the headliner videos I think. The are quite well done and offer very thorough and easy to understand instruction.

At one time he had planned to do one on convertible tops but I called and asked him if it was coming and he offered me no real hope it would be coming in the near future.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 40grit

40grit

Woops. Sorry. I mis-read the question. I would not be interested in selling mine. Sorry about my screw up.

John

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. bbridges

bbridges
    from missouri

Its all good I ordered them off his website, but they are definitely awesome seeing as how I have not done any upholstery in about 10 years and learned things from his videos that I didnt learn in upholstery school. :)

13. indyjps

indyjps

Tugmaster, after seeing some of your previous threads I have little doubt you'll pick this up as well. Don't forget to check your local library, they have library to library search/loan that allows you to get about anything. Make friends with the counter folks.

14. bbridges

bbridges
    from missouri

I bought them and have been watching them :) Now I know why nobody wants the get rid of theirs. I intend on watching them more than once lol

15. winger59

winger59
    from Indiana

Trying to get on Sid Chavers website....no luck does anyone have another website or contac # to order dvds?

Thanks

16. winger59

winger59
    from Indiana

Thanks just talked to Sid and ordered.....now if I knew why my old computer blocked his web site.....garbage in garbage out is my guess.